Dunes South

Experience at Dunes South

Nov 02, 2006

Am very interested in experienced T.S. owners with Dunes South. Anyone travel to D.S. or that area in May?

Carolyn H.
Nov 16, 2006

I will be at Dunes South next May for the first time.

I have been to OBX in Oct/Nov for more than 10 years in a row.

What info would you like?

Roger

Roger H.
Jan 31, 2007

carolynh60 wrote:
Am very interested in experienced T.S. owners with Dunes South. Anyone travel to D.S. or that area in May?
My parents bought TS here about 25 years ago! We still try to go every year. Nags Head is a quiet beach experience. Just 2 main roads on island- 4 lane highway and 2 lane beach road! There is plenty to do in the area. I actually will be going this weekend. I dont think you could go wrong here!

Erica O.
Jan 31, 2007

ericao5 wrote:
carolynh60 wrote:
My parents bought TS here about 25 years ago! We still try to go every year. Nags Head is a quiet beach experience. Just 2 main roads on island- 4 lane highway and 2 lane beach road! There is plenty to do in the area. I actually will be going this weekend. I dont think you could go wrong here!

Thanks for the kind words. We did end up buying a unit at Dunes South for Oct., but liked it so much we also want to find a spring time to go. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Carolyn H.
Jun 08, 2007

carolynh60 wrote:
ericao5 wrote:
carolynh60 wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. We did end up buying a unit at Dunes South for Oct., but liked it so much we also want to find a spring time to go. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Carolyn H.
Jun 08, 2007

We did end up with a spring week, and in April spent out first week at Dunes South. We had a wonderful time--the beach was lovely, the weather cooperated (in 70's during the day, nicely cool at night). We found our ocean front unit to be comfortable, clean and reasonably well appointed--fireplace with wood supplied a lovely touch--but not fancy. Since we just wanted to enjoy the ocean, walk the beach, and enjoy a little seafood, it was just fine for our taste. The lack of planned activities was a plus for us--our one experience with a T.S. that had an activities director and planned things was very uninteresting. Activities were juvenille, and nothing a 70+ couple might want to experience. (Our 8 & 12 year old grandkids MIGHT have liked them!) The one negative: if one had infirmities, the 2 flights of stairs would be difficult in the unit we have (312).

Carolyn H.
Jul 04, 2007

This resort has a lot of potential, and was held back for years by a sub-par management company. They have now been fired and the new management company has got things on track to make this resort what it should be.

Ov R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.