Eastwood at Provincetown

My Experience of Provincetown

Nov 16, 2006

I've been an owner at Eastwood since they first converted the old motel into a time share facility and have gone there every year since 1985. We always go in September, after the crowds leave. Oh, there's still plenty of activity and the weather is usually really nice, like high 60's or low 70's during the day.

We love to just go sit on the beach at Herring Cove. John likes to fish from the beach and I like to read, collect beach rocks and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

There's a mile long rock jette that you can hike across to get to Long Point, which is the very end of the Cape. I tell everyone that after I die I want my ashes mixed into the sand at the edge of the dunes there. It is so peaceful.

Eastwood is about a mile from the "downtown" area where the shops and restaurants are. Parking can be expensive so we bring our bicycles and leave the car at Eastwood when we want to hang out in town. There are plenty of bike rental places if you can't bring yours from home.

Probably my favorite thing to eat in Ptown is the native steamers. They are just the best of anywhere I've ever been. There's also plemty of lobsters and other fresh seafood available.

There's a Grand Union "super" market--smaller than what I'm used to at home, but no problem finding anything I've ever needed.

Every year we go on a whale watch and we just love that. The whales are so amazing and it's a great way to enjoy the ocean. Bring warm clothes and a camera!

Eastwood has an outdoor pool and hot tub. The pool isn't heated so we count on the hot tub. There's a laundry room, a small exercise room, a putting green and tennis court, a barbecue area, and a community room with a TVand VCR, pool table, ping pong, puzzles and games and books you can take if you need something to read. We finally got TVs in the bedrooms this year and we're working on getting Internet availability. The units are clean and functional. Treg, the maintanence guy, does a great job maintaining the whole place.

Ptown is a community filled with diversity. The unique mixture of different cultures, artists, writers, fishermen, tourists, gays and lesbians, make for a very interesting place.

Maureen C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.