Nov 17, 2006

We stayed here for about 6 days in Sept 2006. The pictures on this site do not match the resort - especially the pool; it was tiny. Pros: Close to the ocean. Cons: Poor lighting, no AC, poor carpeting. Felt like a cheap motel. I guess it depends on what unit you get, but we tried not to spend much time in our unit.

Amby S.
Nov 18, 2006

I did a timeshare swap through RCI to stay at this place in December, 2007. I've been to Maui once before and stayed at ResortQuest Kaanapalli Shores. Do you know if Kamaole Beach Club has a website and, if so, what it is. I will be staying in a 2 bedroom/2 bath. I believe it is across the street from a beach? What is the beach like at this location? Any information you can provide will be very helpful.

Shawn F.
Apr 27, 2007

Kamole Beach Club is older. I think it once was an apartment complex that was converted. There is no air conditioning, but there usually is a breeze and fans in the rooms. They renovated one year recently with new carpet, appliances and furniture. I'm not sure what year. It can be a little noisy if your unit is close to the street. To me, the best thing about Kamole Beach Club is that it is right across the street from Kamole I beach. The staff are very nice. The pool is very small. There are several bars and restaurants all within walking distance. Kihei isn't as upscale as Kannapali, but I think the beachs are much nicer. There are 3 Kamole beaches, and if you drive a few miles south you get to the very upscale area and beaches of Wailea you can use. It's the dry sunny side of the island. There aren't alot of timeshares on Maui and the cheapest hotels in that area are $150 and up to $500. It just depends if you are going to experience the island or want to stay in the room. I bought a week there in 1997 and liked the area so much now own 3 weeks. The scenery with Molokini and the sunsets are the best on the island to me.

Nancy A.
Apr 27, 2007

Thanks for the info. I do go to experience the Island. I absolutely love Maui. Anytime I go on a trip, no matter where I go, I usually only use my room for sleeping, showering and changing clothes .... plus my morning coffee. (ha ha).

If anyone has a website for Kamole Beach Club that would be appreciated.

Shawn F.
May 13, 2007

We are thinking of trading our 2 bdrm 2 bath oceanfront for Kamaole Beach Club. Please let me know how you liked it and any other info you find out about it. Thanks Bonnie

PS we're going in 2009 but ofcourse we have to start seaching now!

Bonnie P.
Jul 18, 2007

thepars wrote:
We are thinking of trading our 2 bdrm 2 bath oceanfront for Kamaole Beach Club. Please let me know how you liked it and any other info you find out about it. Thanks Bonnie

Bonnie, if you are used to an oceanfront, you need to know that between KBC and the beach is Kihei Road - and it is very busy and very noisy. If you go during spring break periods, the noise from the road is almost unbearable. You certainly cannot hear the surf, except between 3 and 5 am! KBC has been improving the units a lot of late, and the staff are great - but there is nothing that can be done about the noise from the road or from KBC's neighbors. On one side is the ABC store - and it's open 24/7. There's also a dive shop in back that fills tanks about 4:30 every morning... On the other side is Dolphin Plaza... and they pick up the garbage at the oddest hours... If you are used to an ocean front unit with the sounds of the ocean... you're going to miss it when you're at KBC. On the plus side, the three Kamaole beaches are very large and nice, with good snorkling. KBC is within walking distance of restaurants, etc., and within driving distance of some other great snorkel beaches and both upscale and downscale shopping. And tho the ABC store is a noisy neighbor, it's handy for forgotten grocery items, or the morning paper. The weather in Kihei is usually wonderful, and as long as the trade winds are blowing, the lack of AC is not a problem. The pool, which is indeed tiny, is nonetheless meticulously maintained. KBC is not a luxury resort by any stretch of the imagination, but it is clean and can work as a base from which to venture out to the rest of the island.

R T.
Jul 21, 2007

thepars wrote:

Bonnie I am a new owner to the KBC. I have been going there for several years and decided to buy a couple weeks last year. Some one said that the ABC store next door was 24/7 I think that has changed to closing at 11:00 or 12:00 now, at least it was when i went in 2006. If you are intrested in some pictures of the inside of the 1 bedroom units and how it is close to the beach. go to this web site. I have posted some photos of a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4. http://home.comcast.net/~fe143/maui_condo.html

Rick L.
Aug 20, 2007

My mom and I own there. Kihei is a "family town". KBC is an older timeshare. We have own there since 1995. It doesn't have ac but the trade winds and fans are just fine. We just got back from there and it was fairly quiet. Hope you enjoy it.

Anna-Marie

Anna-Marie C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.