Club Regina Los Cabos

Club Condition

Nov 17, 2006

Been a member here since mid.19 90's. Regina continues to go down hill in quality in comparison to other area resorts. It badly needs updating. Member pool is B-grade, with ceramic tiles and exit ladder falling off. Rooms are out dated and also need new amenities. Prices are way out of line and practically no one eats at the resort because of that. Poolside drinks are cost prohibitive, i.e. Bourbon & Coke is over $7.

Bob F.
Dec 01, 2006

bob589 wrote:
Been a member here since mid.19 90's. Regina continues to go down hill in quality in comparison to other area resorts. It badly needs updating. Member pool is B-grade, with ceramic tiles and exit ladder falling off. Rooms are out dated and also need new amenities. Prices are way out of line and practically no one eats at the resort because of that. Poolside drinks are cost prohibitive, i.e. Bourbon & Coke is over $7.
---------------------------------------------- Is this the resort that was recently bought by the Raintree organization? If so, maybe they have plans to improve the conditions.

Gerry G.
Dec 09, 2006

Yes it was bought out by Raintree. Can't comment on the condition though

Scott B.
Dec 11, 2006

scottb57 wrote:
Yes it was bought out by Raintree. Can't comment on the condition though

Raintree bought out the CLub Regina facilities in Cabo, along with two other Mexico locations several years ago. This is when the downward spiral began.

Bob F.
Jan 31, 2007

cloud3 wrote:
bob589 wrote:
---------------------------------------------- Is this the resort that was recently bought by the Raintree organization? If so, maybe they have plans to improve the conditions.
Been there recently and no signs of neglect that you mention. Diningroom was great too and no more expensive that good restaurants in Los Cabos

Karen K.
Feb 13, 2007

bob589 wrote:

Just got back from this resort. I too am a member, and I have no idea what you're talking about! Everything was very clean. They told us that they are going to be redecorating the rooms this year. And they are building several new 2 bedroom units. Don't care for the member pool... then go to the Westin hotel pools. They are magnificant! Yes, it is expensive,... but that is Cabo. Go into the deli store at the club, and you'll find excellantly prices sodas and waters. I can not wait to go back. FYI.. I only like staying in upscale resorts... so you know what my expectations are.

Lisa L.
Feb 13, 2007

Kind of off topic, but is there a Sams Club or Walmart or Costco or anything like that near by. I have heard many people complaining about the Westin's food prices, but Club Regina does have kitchens in the room...

Scott B.
Feb 13, 2007

scottb57 wrote:
Kind of off topic, but is there a Sams Club or Walmart or Costco or anything like that near by. I have heard many people complaining about the Westin's food prices, but Club Regina does have kitchens in the room...

I saw a Costco nearby. Someone who works there told us they were building a Walmart soon. There is a "Mega" store. I think that is what it was called. It is a grocery. Yes, you can cook in the Club Regina units.

Lisa L.
Mar 24, 2007

Twelve other members of my family and I were there from 2/17-2/24. Among us, we have four time shares, two two-bedrooms and two one-bedrooms. This year, for the first time, two of us saw cockroaches in the bathrooms. (This was our eleventh trip to Club Regina, by the way.) This year, we had to call repeatedly to have: a clogged sink unclogged, light bulbs replaced, three telephones replaced, dirty bedspreads removed. The towels should all be used for cleaning rags and there are chipped dishes and cups. If that's "upscale," deliver me! As for prices, we found it amusing that the Gringo Gazette headline said: "Tourism down 23%." Gee whiz, I wonder why - could it be $12 margaritas - NOT grandes - $39 lobster tail?? We found the prices utterly ridiculous both at the resort and in San Jose. We can't stand Cabo San Lucas, so I can't say anything about that. We always eat in two or sometimes three nights, and found the food at Mega to be just fine. Look for dairy that comes from San Diego, just to be safe. I agree that the resort is going downhill - also didn't enjoy the wandering feral cats!

Valerie R.
Aug 11, 2007

We were in the Los Cabos area less than 2 weeks ago and visited the resort. We did not stay there, but stayed in their much more upscale fractional ownership the GRAND REGINA.

We had never been to the Westin here, only in Puerto Vallarta. We were very disappointed with the condition of this timeshare property compared to PV; similar to the things that were mentioned in some other comments above.

We asked for a tour because we were owners of two 2 BR's and one 1 BR, so they were happy to show us around. After showing us a "MODEL" room, we commented that they were much more up to date than the suites in Puerto Vallarta. They were very modern, with flat screen TV's, etc. Nothing was said by our salesman when I commented.

Later, before we left, I asked when all the rooms were renovated because they looked so terrific. I guess at that point in time, the salesman couldn't lie to us, and confessed that the model they showed people was the only room that had been redone. Not one of any of the other timeshare rooms had yet to be renovated!

When I asked about when the resort planned on actually renovating, he said that there was no set date but probably within the next few years! Or Not!

I do know that at the present time there is a huge renovation project going on in Cancun, so who knows.

But the fact that they are selling timeshares there and showing people model rooms that at the present time DO NOT exist; that people think they are buying into these rooms, says alot about the integrity of the RAINTREE management.

Beth

Beth F.
Sep 04, 2007

lisal122 wrote:
scottb57 wrote:

I saw a Costco nearby. Someone who works there told us they were building a Walmart soon. There is a "Mega" store. I think that is what it was called. It is a grocery. Yes, you can cook in the Club Regina units.

You've probably found the Costco by now, but I thought I'd answer anyway. It's on the right hand side of the road just as you get to Cabo San Lucas---near the new Home Depot ( I think they both went in Fall, 2006)

I stayed at Regina in a two bedroom timeshare in November 2002 and it was wonderful then. I thought the food was expensive for what it was--even in Cabo. We ended up buying at Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach; but it's a different experience on the Pacific side.

Nancy R.
Oct 09, 2007

My family and I stayed in a one bedroom in February, 2007 and loved it so much we booked for feb 2008 immedaitely;our apt was by the pool area, on the lower level. We found none of the complaints that were present here; the amenities were just fine, no plate was chipped, no cockroaches, nothing.Had a great time

Barry G.
Oct 09, 2007

I also have to add that the adult pool was just beautiful with no tiles missing and the ladders working fine; I admit the food is expensive, so do go to Megastore in San Jose and buy stuff for breakfast and lunch and go out to dinner. Unlesss you want to eat at McDonalds' every night, what do you expect with the food prices? Try eating out in South Beach or Nice, and then you'll see what I am talking about. Listen, the view from the place is pure heaven, so that's all that matters.

Barry G.
Dec 31, 2007

We're here right now and the condition of the rooms and common areas are great. No signs of neglect or wear. Our room is awesome. I highly suggest this resort to everyone.

Rick B.
Jan 02, 2008

rickb38 wrote:
We're here right now and the condition of the rooms and common areas are great. No signs of neglect or wear. Our room is awesome. I highly suggest this resort to everyone.
Also just back from this place and upgraded to an annual membership while there. . They were fixing one of the pools and people were working constantly to keep it clean and appealing. IT was totally upscale and lovely.. El Sid ?restaurant was getting a kitchen up date and closed , but due to open for holiday week. Food was expensive but very, very good and only comment was there is no oven in kitchens.. Visited Dec 8-15. We were told it was full occupancy but it was very quiet and pleasant. The golf cart drivers and service was superb. Beds most comfortable and plush and view to die for. You are buying into Raintree system ,not just Regina at Los Cabos... so they can sell inventory. New renovations are coming, we were told but our room was lovely , spacious and clean. Shower head could have been a bit better, but spa /gym was great and maid service superb. Room service prices were reasonable.. You can catch a shuttle into SanJose for $8 r/t and we had 3 very reasonable an delicious meals there.

tkozimer

Tanya K.
Apr 17, 2008

scottb57 wrote:

COSTCO=YES HOME DEPOT=YES SAM'S CLUB= YES WALMART= YES

I have been to the Costco and Walmart....the Costco seems American. The Walmart is a new venture....it was designed and built for Mexico. Do not expect anything like US in the Walmart.

Chris S.
Jul 23, 2008

We are going the week of 9/13/08 - has anyone else seen renovations - upgrades? It worries me that someone saw cockaroaches -

Barbara B.
Jul 23, 2008

barbarab368 wrote:
We are going the week of 9/13/08 - has anyone else seen renovations - upgrades? It worries me that someone saw cockaroaches -

I'd like to put cockroaches into perspective because it's easy to forget that Cabo is in the desert. And there are scorpions and all sorts of bugs in the desert. We just don't see them because the resorts do such a good job of controlling them. I've been to Cabo 3 times and I've seen cockroaches twice---some outside in the very early morning and one dead one in my room----but none of them at the Westin. :)

Nancy R.
Feb 05, 2009

Is the shuttle service $8 roundtrip into town per person? We are a party of 7, so maybe renting a van would be better. How far is San Jose?

Pauline C.
Feb 05, 2009

It would be smart to ask the consierge for a package deal , but I think the cost is still $4 one way./per person. You might benifit with you own van rental for a couple of days..Then you could get to the Walmart, etc and stock up on supplies , stop a the beaches along the corridor between Cabo and San Jose . I was disappointed there were no ovens in the kitchens. TheWestin is much closer to SanJose than CAbo...It probably takes 30 min/30 mi to get to Cabo depending on traffic. The Cosco ,HoOme Depot and WAlmart are down by Cabo , but the Mega Store is in SanJose. You could use the van to explore Los Cabos, get to Medina Beach . Eat at The Office which is fun to eat out on the sand..( Cabo is pretty touristy!) You could also drive up the coast to the little town where Hotel CAifornia is and stop for lunch or get to an off beat restaurant, do some shopping w/out the taxi/van charges. We used the local tourist paper for ideas and found everything great! Everything is a negotiable in Mexico, but the resorts get top $$ unless you search around. There are rental cars at the Westin at premium prices San Jose is a nice little town much calmer than Cabo and only 10 min away. The Westin is a lovely place...I know you will enjoy it! Yo u might see wharles right from your balcony now.

Tanya K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.