Club Wyndham Santa Barbara

Homeowners Association Meeting

Nov 17, 2006

Anyone have info on the latest?

Dale M.
Jun 02, 2007

dale119 wrote:
Anyone have info on the latest?

Dale did you ever get any information? I'd love to see minutes of these meetings!

David W.
Jun 30, 2007

I don't think there were minutes taken at the last meeting. There was not a quorum, thus it was not a recorded meeting. I know they are trying to lower the quorum number because there is never enough attendance and proxy's to meet the quorum. There are 5,305 owners and the quorum percentage number was not met.

Julie H.
Jul 13, 2007

julieh156 wrote:
I don't think there were minutes taken at the last meeting. There was not a quorum, thus it was not a recorded meeting. I know they are trying to lower the quorum number because there is never enough attendance and proxy's to meet the quorum. There are 5,305 owners and the quorum percentage number was not met.

I have just spoken with an attorney from central Fla. It appears we have a serious issue here. PAY your assessments if possible or you will have more problems in relation to your credit if you are forclosed on. There are several steps we need to take to start to remedy this situation. We need to gather information so if we choose to have an attorney persue this matter he/she will have a good understanding of the suit. There is also the possibility of a criminal complaint for fraud. The attorney I spoke with feels there is most likely and at the very least a breech of the fiduciary agreement between the Association / Wyndhams and us the timeshare owners. If we want to pursue this we will first have to write a Demand Letter to the Association asking for a detailed accounting where the special assessment monies will be spent. We also need to get a copy of the insurance policy that was in effect when the hurricane struck the property. There is more info but I don't have time to write it down now. If you would like to get information on the Association registration go to www.sunbiz.org, the association was not registered for several years and we were being charged assessments by them, this is an issue!

IMPORTANT! If you cannot afford to pay these special assessments there is an option to ask the association to take your deed instead of forclosure and paying the special assessment fees. THIS IS JUST INFORMATION I RECIEVED FROM THE ATTORNEY. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PROPERTY IF YOU CAN WEATHER THE STORM. Here is the addresses to the association members, David Bremer, 2601 Palmaire Dr. N. Pompano Beach, Fl 33069 Rick Dingle, 1110 South Ocean Blvd. Pompamo Beach, Fl. 33062 Dan Walters 8427 South Park Circle, Suite 500. Orlando, Fla. 32819

If anyone would like to work on this please contact me. Jeff Andring 3081 Post Rd. Newport, Mi. 48166 734-586-8988

There is plenty of work to be done to enforce our property rights!!

Jeff A.
Nov 13, 2007

jeff1112 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:

I have just spoken with an attorney from central Fla. It appears we have a serious issue here. PAY your assessments if possible or you will have more problems in relation to your credit if you are forclosed on. There are several steps we need to take to start to remedy this situation. We need to gather information so if we choose to have an attorney persue this matter he/she will have a good understanding of the suit. There is also the possibility of a criminal complaint for fraud. The attorney I spoke with feels there is most likely and at the very least a breech of the fiduciary agreement between the Association / Wyndhams and us the timeshare owners. If we want to pursue this we will first have to write a Demand Letter to the Association asking for a detailed accounting where the special assessment monies will be spent. We also need to get a copy of the insurance policy that was in effect when the hurricane struck the property. There is more info but I don't have time to write it down now. If you would like to get information on the Association registration go to www.sunbiz.org, the association was not registered for several years and we were being charged assessments by them, this is an issue!

IMPORTANT! If you cannot afford to pay these special assessments there is an option to ask the association to take your deed instead of forclosure and paying the special assessment fees. THIS IS JUST INFORMATION I RECIEVED FROM THE ATTORNEY. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PROPERTY IF YOU CAN WEATHER THE STORM. Here is the addresses to the association members, David Bremer, 2601 Palmaire Dr. N. Pompano Beach, Fl 33069 Rick Dingle, 1110 South Ocean Blvd. Pompamo Beach, Fl. 33062 Dan Walters 8427 South Park Circle, Suite 500. Orlando, Fla. 32819

If anyone would like to work on this please contact me. Jeff Andring 3081 Post Rd. Newport, Mi. 48166 734-586-8988

There is plenty of work to be done to enforce our property rights!!

We paid our assessment and now we need to pay the 2008 maintenance fees which we are not happy about, for they are getting too high. But we do not want our credit ruined nor do we want them to come after our home or any of our assests. We just e-mailed Lew Gordon some questions that we were advised to get the answers in writing and one of them was can we deed back our paid up deed. Also how many of the units are not owned and how much are we paying for those empty weeks, plus when we die if we still have this timeshare, our children need to know who to send the deed back to with our death certificates because they according to their lawyer they do not have to accept a deed of any kind that is not in their names. Please keep us informed,for we are trying to sell or donate our unit, we do not use it and do not want it anymore. A charity wants it to try and sell for their cause, but Wyndham said they did not have any idea when the unit would reopen. If you have any ideas on how we can get out of this resort timeshare, please let us know. R.P. White rpwhite30@gavtron.com

Richard W.
Feb 07, 2011

Looking for an owner to serve as my proxy for the upcoming Santa Barbara Resort owners association meeting scheduled for March 2, 2011. Must be present to view all issues concerning our resort. I need to sent in the request. Tom

Tom B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.