Vistana Beach Club

yearly fee

Nov 25, 2006

there are 6 places for sale...why are all the maintenance fees different?

Barry W.
Jan 22, 2007

It seems that some people have not updated the fees for each year. There is included in the fees a $250.00 per week owned fund for hurricane damage. Also some fees may included $99.00 for Vistana Plus membership in II and Starwood. The resort is has been undergoing complete renovation and updating since 2006. The new theme is more tropical with shades of green and red with new carpeting and furniture.

Anne G.
Sep 04, 2008

Is the $250 included already in your maintenance fee? I'm in the process of purchasing a place and discovered this forum... Any info would be appreciated....

Timothy V.
Jun 26, 2009

The $250 fee will go away after 2010 annual fee is paid.

Todd S.
Dec 02, 2009

It looks like the yearly maintendance Fees are on the up raise again the explanation is that owners that are still making their payments on time have to make up for those that have defaulted on their property ownership, some of us are making great effort under this economy to keep up with our obligations so now we are being in top of that penalize, also the due date month for the fee use to be in February and now it has been move to January.

I belive that if properties are defaulted by their owners they should go into a Rental Pool and that money shall be use by the association for in support of the maintendance cost, the olmost US$1,500.00 annual maintendance fee is out of proportion and it probably doesn't make it attractive anymore to own the property at this cost and it will trigger more owners to default and wake away from their property making it even more critical for owners to stay or new ones to buy...

Hope someone came up with a good solution because the economy is not going to get any better soon......????

Miguel A.

Last edited by miguela36 on Dec 02, 2009 11:11 AM

Dec 02, 2009

Just wanted to correct some information: Beginning in January 2008, the Vistana Beach Club fees were due in January 2008, the same time for 2009 and now 2010. This years fees are: Operating Assessment of $1162.96; 2010 Replace Reserve of $111.60; Estimated Real Estate Tax of $100.49; 2010 SVN membership fee of $109.00; and 2010 ARDA-ROC PAC Contribution of $5.00. This makes a total of $1489.05. However, an owner doesn't have to belong to SVN or pay the ARDA-ROC PAC amount. So an owner could reduce the fee by $114.00. My husband and I own more than one week at Vistana's Beach Club. I do agree that the Beach Club owners' units which are in arrears should be rented out and the rent used towards the cost of the units' maintenance fees. We still love our units at the Beach Club!

Anne G.
Dec 09, 2009

Thanks for the corrections but when I wrote my comment I did mentioned approximatly US$1, 500.00 which is very close to US$ 1, 489.05 and there is very little diference between US$1,489.05 and US$1,375.05 and I am glad that you and your husband own more than one week and are very happy with the it so am I. Me and my wife have been owners for almoust 20 years and have enjoy it too, but I am sure that if we had control cost all along maybe many of the owners would have not been in a position where they had to default in the payment of their annual fees and we all win, regarles that we had the huracaine damages a few years and they were unexpected repairs to be done US$250.00 per week inclease was a little be stiff if you add all 51 week that the unit can be use since units can only be sold for 51 weeks and one week has to be reserve for mainteendance and general repairs this a total US$12,750.00 per year/unit then add the numbers of years that we have been paying for it. I don't believe that there was that amount of damage done to all the units, I am sure that some units were spare and some units had very little damage and other and I am sure very few had significan damage. I am glad to know from reading one of the above blogs that this fee is going away after the 2010 annual fee is paid. As I indicated before and you agree the units defaulted by owners should come under the administration of the association and they should be rented and all that income should be use in support of the annual maintendance cost until they are sold to new owners if anyone is wailing to purchase with these rates.

I like to extend my thanks to the associacion for its iniciatives to lower the operating cost and I hope that they will be reflected on next year (2011) share maintendance cost.

I like to wish a very Happy Holiday Season y the Best of Hope for all in the New Year of 2010.

Miguel A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.