Club Wyndham Old Town Alexandria

Is the internet access free, or is it $10/day like at some other Fairfields?

Dec 03, 2006

The subject said it all:

Is the internet access free, or is it $10/day like at some other Fairfields? (The last one I stayed at was Pompano Beach, Florida).

Cameron W.
Dec 20, 2006

jeoffw The subject said it all:

The internet access is FREE, but you have to wait your turn and you have a time limit. They only have one computer available, but people are nice about using it..

Barbara C.
Dec 20, 2006

barbarac95 wrote:
The internet access is FREE, but you have to wait your turn and you have a time limit. They only have one computer available, but people are nice about using it..

Interesting. When I was at Fairfield in Pompano Beach (Florida) they also had a public internet kiosk, but they had recently disconnected it and switched over to the pay-per-use $10/day wireless internet service. I remember asking them why the kiosk is out-of-order and they said, "It has a virus." So I asked when it would be fixed, and they said, "Never."

It makes me wonder if all the Fairfields are switching over to that plan, or if it was just that one.

Cameron W.
Apr 19, 2007

Do they have wireless access for laptops at the Old Town Location?

Renee W.

Last edited by domino547 on Apr 19, 2007 07:24 AM

Jul 20, 2007

domino547 wrote:
Do they have wireless access for laptops at the Old Town Location?
There is wireless access if you sit in the lobby.. otherwise, it is dial-up from the room. I stayed in unit #107 from 7/11 - 7/14/07 (right off the lobby). If I sat at my dining room table, I could pick up the wireless signal from my unit Judy

Judith K C.
Jan 19, 2009

Wireless upgraded in some rooms as of July 4,2008. Was floor 3 and free.

Joni H.
Jan 20, 2009

Using the internet is free. Actually there are three computers available, one in the game room on the second floor and two more off the theater room. You do have to wait your turn, 15 minutes is recommended, if someone is waiting.

Barbara C.
Mar 06, 2012

As of 2012, wireless is free in rooms and there are two computers and a printer in the lobby.

Barbara C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.