Sunrise at Moon Palace

Does anyone know.....is moon palace ONLY an all inclusive?

Dec 09, 2006

I'm not a paying member yet but I saw a HUGE range of rental prices for this resort from $29/night to over $300 a night. Are the $29/night for real? Is that also all inclusive?

Tracy S.
Dec 10, 2006

I've been their and I'm not sure, but I believe you purchase the all inclusive meal package separataely. I purchased a time share week from a friend, and he called and found out how much the all inclusive package would be for that week, and what other promo's would be included.

Becky P.
Jan 05, 2007

Yes, Moon Palace is all inclusive only. The inclusive rate is determined by the resort and is mandatory.

The rental rates (which do not include the "all inclusive" fee) differ widely because they're being sold by individuals who own "weeks" at the resort (not units). I presume if a person owns a lot of weeks, their per week rate will be low, and vice versa.

We stayed here in 2006 and purchased a lot of weeks.

Nancy D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 18, 2007 02:43 PM

Jan 11, 2007

You purchased alot of weeks? What does that mean? Are you renting them? DO you know how much it is to add an all inclusive to a rental?

Tricia S.
Jan 11, 2007

Yes, we purchased a lot of weeks. When a person "buys weeks", they buy the use of a hotel room for however many weeks they buy. For example, if you bought 25 weeks, you bought the use of a hotel room for up to 25 weeks, taking one week a year or 2 weeks a year or how ever many you want, for as long as you want. It could take you 25 years using 1 week a year. It depends on the terms of the purchase.

Thanks-- Nancy

tricia165 wrote:
You purchased alot of weeks? What does that mean? Are you renting them? DO you know how much it is to add an all inclusive to a rental?

Nancy D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 11, 2007 05:11 PM

Jan 15, 2007

Can anyone give a ballpark figure on the "all-inclusive" piece. Is it only a couple hundred dollars each or is it alot more than that?

Maura D.
Feb 13, 2007

The Moon Palace is ONLY an all inclusive. The AI price usually ranges from $150 - $200 per day per person. It is not cheap. Kids are less of course. It is a beautiful place and we too purchased weeks there....or what they call a Presidential Membership. They give you all these free roundtrip airline tickets, 4 free weeks to come and stay there for FREE (u don't have to pay the AI either)...but we are now realizing "what actually is the benefit of owning with the Palace Resorts"? We have been there 3 x's last year and we were supposed to leave yesterday but my husbands passport had expired and we didn't know till we got to the airport.

If anyone else owns with the Resorts can you please contact me and tell me if you think the same way.

Gina H.
Feb 13, 2007

gina391 wrote:
The Moon Palace is ONLY an all inclusive. The AI price usually ranges from $150 - $200 per day per person. It is not cheap. Kids are less of course. It is a beautiful place and we too purchased weeks there....or what they call a Presidential Membership. They give you all these free roundtrip airline tickets, 4 free weeks to come and stay there for FREE (u don't have to pay the AI either)...but we are now realizing "what actually is the benefit of owning with the Palace Resorts"? We have been there 3 x's last year and we were supposed to leave yesterday but my husbands passport had expired and we didn't know till we got to the airport.

If anyone else owns with the Resorts can you please contact me and tell me if you think the same way.

Well, I'm an owner of the smaller unit. I think owning forces you to vacation and all of the Palace Resorts are all five stars. One advantage of owning are the free massages, manicures, pedicures and excursions. You can also rent your weeks out, if you can find anyone. I'm not sure of any other benefits.

Jill H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 14, 2007 01:43 AM

Feb 14, 2007

jillh21 wrote:
gina391 wrote:
Jill Yes, your right. The spa benefits as well as all the tours being included are a plus. However, we have had problems with reservations and airline ticketing through their travel company. We did rent out a week last year and made nice money on it but who do you know will spend $3000 + on a week's vacation

Well, I'm an owner of the smaller unit. I think owning forces you to vacation and all of the Palace Resorts are all five stars. One advantage of owning are the free massages, manicures, pedicures and excursions. You can also rent your weeks out, if you can find anyone. I'm not sure of any other benefits.

Gina H.

Last edited by gina391 on Feb 14, 2007 05:07 AM

Apr 15, 2007

gina391 wrote:
jillh21 wrote:
gina391 wrote:
Jill Yes, your right. The spa benefits as well as all the tours being included are a plus. However, we have had problems with reservations and airline ticketing through their travel company. We did rent out a week last year and made nice money on it but who do you know will spend $3000 + on a week's vacation

We bought a membership with the main purpose of using our weeks to trade though RCI for other locations. We have stayed at Moon Palace one time and gave one of our "free" weeks as a wedding present to my husband's daughter. It is a beautiful resort with many good restaurants and lovely accommodations. The day trips that are included with many packages are very well-run. We probably won't stay there again, but look forward to using our membership to stay at other resorts. All-Inclusive is quite enjoyable, but we like to take side trips into the surrounding areas and feel like we would be too confined to always stay at an all inclusive resort. In addition, the membership only means that you can reserve a week at a somewhat reduced price - you still have to pay the all-inclusive fee which is quite expensive. The main advantage to us is that there is no monthly maintenance fee - you pay a little over $500 at the time you want to exchange - not a monthly fee. If you don't travel, you don't pay, unlike the monthly fees charged by other resort memberships. The other advantage for us is that we both have children from previous marriages. The remaining weeks can be left equally to our children in our wills and they can use them or not - we are not saddling them with a monthly fee. Like us, they will only pay the exchange fee if they choose to use the weeks.

Cassandra W.
Apr 16, 2007

tracys84 wrote:
I'm not a paying member yet but I saw a HUGE range of rental prices for this resort from $29/night to over $300 a night. Are the $29/night for real? Is that also all inclusive?
Yes it is All Inclusive - here is the breakdown for you.

The all-inclusive fee charged by Palace Resorts covers all meals, snacks, beverages (with top shelf liquors), 24-hour room service, a massage, manicure, and pedicure for each adult, non-motorized sports equipment, 2 tours per person, airport transportation, tax and gratuities (though a small tip now and then reaps huge rewards).

DELUXE ROOM $1950 is the "all inclusive" fee charged by Palace Resorts for 2 adults from 4/15/07-8/18/07. Age 12 and under is FREE; Age 13-17 is $41/nt. each; Age 18 and up is $78/nt. each.

PRESIDENTIAL SUITE (2brm suite) $3900 is the "all inclusive" fee charged by Palace Resorts for 4 adults from 4/15/07-8/18/07.

Gina H.
Dec 19, 2007

We stayed at the Moon Palace in October,2007.We traded a RCI time share week we own and the "All Inclusive Fee was 1365.00 for both of us.We met other couples who bought a week there through RCI's extra vacation deals for only $199.00!They too paid $1365.00 for their fee.We went through the sales pitch and received many free goodies,but frankly we could see no reason to buy into this resort when you can trade or buy weeks for such a small sum.If you want a massage or pedicure fine ,but you don't have to pay thousands to own there to get a $30.00 pedicure.

Donna P.
Mar 12, 2008

gina391 wrote:

We own at Palace Resorts and frankly the benefits to us is that it is a timeshare ownership with no annual fee - you pay only when you use it. If you want a timeshare, that is unusual and beneficial. Another benefit is if you bring friends with you, they pay the same cost/week as you do ($2030 for an April week in 2008, for example), get the same accomodations, manicure, pedicure, 25-min. massage plus 2 tours/person. Also, if you bring 2 couples, you also get a free week to use before the end of the year. Another plus is that they have transportation between the Palace Resorts (free) and you can spend a day at any one of them. If you stay in Cancun, for example, you can spend a day on Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, or any of the others. That's fun for a change. Barbara

Barbara G.
Jul 26, 2009

Hi - we are thinking of buying weeks at the Moon Palace but we are confused as to the charges you describe for paying. We are being offered 180 wks for 13000 dollars and are being told the all inclusive is at no charge. Can you confirm for me if you pay for the all inclusive option when you go and how easy it is to exchange weeks etc.

Christine J.
Apr 18, 2012

went to presentation at moon palace today. and it is an all inclusive only. there are currently two types of memberships offered. the cheaper runs around $23000. they give you 30 weeks to be used whenever since they never expire. And they don't require fees if the week is not used. this for a Jacuzzi suite. Which is a very large studio with a large jacuzzi in the unit. Which well apointed. The mnext and most expensive is the presidential and runs about $50,000 you get more incentives but basically it is the junior suite attached to a living room wet bar (no kitchen which is useless since the place is all inclusive). personally i would rather invest the $23000 at an annual interest of at 8% and assuming a realist period of 20 years (the life cycle for this type of building) . After twenty years I would have close to $114,000. if you are 20 years before your retire invested towards that. Because based on my experience you can get better deals in redweek. I know from personal experience.

And after you tried it out by renting from and owner, and you fall in love with the place buy it from and owner who has fallen out of love with his purchase. at this writing there is an add in redweek.com by an individual selling his recent purchase of a Jacuzzi suite for $8500 ( a savings of $14500 from the current presentation price of $23000).

The benefit of forcing one to take vacation is okay but remember you are buying an obligation involving 10s of thousands of dollars of your hard earned money.

Oscar J.
Jan 24, 2013

I think many folks miss the point of the whole Palace "experience"; Moon Palace particularly. We bought the Presidential package. 100 weeks. That was six years ago. The "free" weeks they provide for whatever price you pay, covers the All Inclusive fee, and if you are clever enough, you can get airfare and other perks included. We got four free all inclusive weeks for two couples, free golf, four round trip airfares for one couple, and lots of spa credits. I also own at Hilton's West 57th in New York city and several Silverleaf properties. I like them all! I think the conclusion I have drawn is that buying timeshares is NOT an investment. Rather, it provides you access to vacation spots that are much bigger and much nicer than hotels. Palace Resorts, as far as I am concerned, is 100% 5 star and the service is impeccable. But... after you use up your free weeks, you pay mightily for the all inclusive. In high season, probably just above $200 per person per day. But considering there are NO maintenance fees, subtract $700-$1200 a year from the $1400 or $1500 a week you will pay per person for comparison purposes when looking at other timeshares. By comparison, we often stay at Velas Vallarta (on the other coast in Puerto Vallarta) where the prepaid all inclusive fee is $90 a day through RCI in high season. Beautiful grounds and right on the beach. Not the Moon Palace with a dozen restaurants, but really, very, very nice with just two restaurants. By the way... the best tour we took in Cancun with Moon Palace or any of their other Palace resorts (and there are plenty to choose from) was the kitchen tour believe it or not! They have a very large, hurricane proof building near the Moon Palace, where they prepare the bulk of their food for all of the dozen or more Palace resorts in the greater Cancun and Mayan Riviera area. Next favorite was Chicheneza (pronounced like Chicken Pizza) and then Tulum. And yes, these are all included in the all-inclusive price. Do I have any regrets about buying? Occasionally, but after spending a week or two at any of them and I am one happy camper (or should I say time-sharer). I hate camping. Another good reason to own a time share!

Jim M.

Last edited by jim169 on Jan 24, 2013 09:38 PM

Jan 30, 2013

We have weeks at Moon Palace as well and have a few free weeks left (meaning it includes the "all inclusive" part). Once we have to pay the "all inclusive" part you need to break it down. Think about how much would you pay for each person for three meals a day (casual and formal), room serivce, drinks anytime you want, all day long. They also have a cafe that you can get snacks, sandwiches, computers to use (other than internet in your room). There is a small fridge in your room stocked with all kinds of beverages, a free manicure, pedicure, massage, at least two excusions, etc. Think about it.

jim169 wrote:
I think many folks miss the point of the whole Palace "experience"; Moon Palace particularly. We bought the Presidential package. 100 weeks. That was six years ago. The "free" weeks they provide for whatever price you pay, covers the All Inclusive fee, and if you are clever enough, you can get airfare and other perks included. We got four free all inclusive weeks for two couples, free golf, four round trip airfares for one couple, and lots of spa credits. I also own at Hilton's West 57th in New York city and several Silverleaf properties. I like them all! I think the conclusion I have drawn is that buying timeshares is NOT an investment. Rather, it provides you access to vacation spots that are much bigger and much nicer than hotels. Palace Resorts, as far as I am concerned, is 100% 5 star and the service is impeccable. But... after you use up your free weeks, you pay mightily for the all inclusive. In high season, probably just above $200 per person per day. But considering there are NO maintenance fees, subtract $700-$1200 a year from the $1400 or $1500 a week you will pay per person for comparison purposes when looking at other timeshares. By comparison, we often stay at Velas Vallarta (on the other coast in Puerto Vallarta) where the prepaid all inclusive fee is $90 a day through RCI in high season. Beautiful grounds and right on the beach. Not the Moon Palace with a dozen restaurants, but really, very, very nice with just two restaurants. By the way... the best tour we took in Cancun with Moon Palace or any of their other Palace resorts (and there are plenty to choose from) was the kitchen tour believe it or not! They have a very large, hurricane proof building near the Moon Palace, where they prepare the bulk of their food for all of the dozen or more Palace resorts in the greater Cancun and Mayan Riviera area. Next favorite was Chicheneza (pronounced like Chicken Pizza) and then Tulum. And yes, these are all included in the all-inclusive price. Do I have any regrets about buying? Occasionally, but after spending a week or two at any of them and I am one happy camper (or should I say time-sharer). I hate camping. Another good reason to own a time share!

Maria R.
Apr 22, 2021

Bernar D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.