Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa

Gurney's Owners are you out there?

Dec 12, 2006

We would love to know about your experiences this year at Gurney's.

C. M.
Mar 16, 2007

was in unit 309 in June ,unit Was clean service was great , sat thru the owners meeting but dont remember mutch as there was not realy any thing new , The resort hust wants to retain its gold crown rating with good service to owners and guest, with the Locating and beach and service gurneys si a steal for the price one can buy a week for

Howard B.
Apr 07, 2007

Nice to hear from you, howardb21....unit 309, is that in the Foredeck? Did you have an ocean view?

Yes, the resort has done a lot to increase and improve its ratings.

Did you enjoy the spa or restaurant?

C. M.
Apr 09, 2007

formerislander wrote:
Nice to hear from you, howardb21....unit 309, is that in the Foredeck? Did you have an ocean view?

Yes the Restaurant was great . I did no do the spa but my wife did have 4 days of treatment that she still rave about,she just think Gurneys spa is the best , you can stay and relax, some Spa wants you in and out Yes 309 is on the beach (ocean front) in Montauk village there is a fish store where you can but lobster and they will steam it for you with salad (name escape's me) we had that two nites they steam it place it in foil pans keep it nice and hot that we took back to our suite and eat it on the deck overlooking the beach and ocean , it was great Howard

Howard B.
Apr 12, 2007

howardb21 wrote:
formerislander wrote:

Yes the Restaurant was great . I did no do the spa but my wife did have 4 days of treatment that she still rave about,she just think Gurneys spa is the best , you can stay and relax, some Spa wants you in and out Yes 309 is on the beach (ocean front) in Montauk village there is a fish store where you can but lobster and they will steam it for you with salad (name escape's me) we had that two nites they steam it place it in foil pans keep it nice and hot that we took back to our suite and eat it on the deck overlooking the beach and ocean , it was great Howard

Yes, there are quite a few nice restaurants in the Montauk area....also the local IGA has some hot entrees for sale, as well as in East Hampton, the great Ciatrella...we love that place (see their site www.citarella.com)

C. M.
Jun 26, 2007

How effective is the trading of units between owners? For example if I own an October week when it is cold, can I trade or exchange it for a summer July week? Or do the summer owners rent their units out too easily and won't trade? Also the Maintenance fees/taxes are quite high ($900) why is this? Thanks, Barbara

Barbara C.

Last edited by barbarac110 on Jun 26, 2007 08:19 AM

Jun 26, 2007

Hi Barbara, Yes trading between owners using winter week for summer is hard like you stated , its easy to get rental on there own or thru Gurneys at $2500 and more for July/August weeks, I have June week and Gurneys mail me a letter that they would like my week as they had a convention and need rooms , I rented it last year at owners up date the cost of maintenance came up and we were told taxes are high and also insurance is very very high and keep going up howard

Howard B.
Jun 26, 2007

Dear Howard- Thank you for clearing up my question. I am looking for a August unit or July unit but do not want to pay such high main and taxes! Thanks, Barbara

Barbara C.
Nov 01, 2007

I am looking to purchase a week and the room happens to be #309. Can anyone describe where Forward Watch is and the room - is it Oceanfront? Thanks.

Margaret M.
Nov 02, 2007

Hey Margret thats my room, Well for one week any way Yes its ocean front, 3rd floor , walking from the resturant down to wards the beach its the first group of rooms on the beach and 309 is 2nd door as you enter, the 1st is 307 then 309 on up , all the studio decor or the the same , but 309 is a great location , the only better ones are the end units as some have raparound porches, 309 only have front porch, my week is 23 whats the week you are buying, Welcome to Gurneys and good luck Howard

Howard B.
Jul 26, 2008

margaret793 wrote:
I am looking to purchase a week and the room happens to be #309. Can anyone describe where Forward Watch is and the room - is it Oceanfront? Thanks.

I will caution all folks who may want to purchase at Gurney's, as there is a big shake-up going on there now. The management company has warned of huge financial problems which might lead to a special assessment in the $1000s for folks....not a good time to join the Gurney's ownerships. Be very cautious before buying, ask questions.

C. M.
Aug 05, 2008

formerislander wrote:
margaret793 wrote:

I will caution all folks who may want to purchase at Gurney's, as there is a big shake-up going on there now. The management company has warned of huge financial problems which might lead to a special assessment in the $1000s for folks....not a good time to join the Gurney's ownerships. Be very cautious before buying, ask questions.

Bonnie F.
Aug 05, 2008

I am an owner at Gurney's and just received an assessment of 22 hundred dollars. That is for three units. But this on top of our already high maintenance is very troubling.

Bonnie F.
Aug 05, 2008

I heard at a Gurney's owners meeting that they assessment could run up to 6K and that if the all of TS owners paid, we would probably only get 10 years out of the place. Not a good thing.

Margaret M.
Aug 06, 2008

margaret793 wrote:
I heard at a Gurney's owners meeting that they assessment could run up to 6K and that if the all of TS owners paid, we would probably only get 10 years out of the place. Not a good thing.

There is a woman in New Jersey who is trying to organize owners to fight the mismanagement.

She writes about it here: Organize Here

C. M.
May 20, 2010

Unit 112. I jump off the patio, onto the sand and run into the sea, 100 yards due east, as I watch the sun rise. If I did not own it, I'd be paying $500/night. Heaven on earth.

Greg S.
May 29, 2011

I am considering buying one to three weeks. Can anyone tell me if the management problems are solved or being worked on. What kind of issues good and bad can you tell me about. I love Montauk and have an oppurtunity to purches at a reasonable rate. I am concerned that maintenance is too expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts on rentals? do units rent easily? Any info I can get would be much appreciated.

Wallace S.
Jun 01, 2011

Winter and fall weeks are hard to rent,late spring and Summer are in high rental demand and therefor easy to rent at great prices,

Howard B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.