Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos

FINISTERRA CLUB

Dec 26, 2006

DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW LARGE THE 4-PERSON UNITS ARE, AND ARE THEY VERY NICE.

Oscar S.
Dec 27, 2006

third picture down on the resort webpage is a 4 person timeshare. there is no privacy like the one bedrooms have (which sleep 6).

Mimi C.

Last edited by houbrmim on Dec 27, 2006 02:26 PM

Jan 26, 2008

hi- i am reading the ratings- has anyone been there lately? have they updated the rooms at all since 9/07?

Shani R.
Mar 21, 2008

shanir2 wrote:
hi- i am reading the ratings- has anyone been there lately? have they updated the rooms at all since 9/07?
We just returned from a week there; stayed in the original section. ALL mattresses have been replaced with pillow-top mattresses. Much nicer.

Judy M.
Jan 11, 2009

anyone have a resort map ? looking for the location of unit 217

Anette R.
Dec 24, 2011

Unit 217 is in the Palapa (new section) part of the hotel--second floor--outside hallway overlooks lobby! (we are actually here now)

Faye S.
Dec 24, 2011

We are at the Finisterra right now--& the old section has been shut down for the time being--& timeshare owners are currently being housed in the Palapa section! I bought in '94--& haven't seen a bit of improvement over the years--so am really wondering where my maintenance fees are going!! For last Christmas & this year we have been put in the newer section--plumbing problems up there I was told. Have no idea what happens from here with the rest of my weeks! I love the place and have been coming here for years with my daughter! I do know it's still up for sale--right now Mayan has first rights for purchase--which I don't think bodes well for us! I really enjoy the personal touch we receive now--spoilt I guess!

Faye S.
Feb 14, 2012

Orginal section is now closed. Owner (father) passed away sons in dispute. They raised dues, They need to do maintenance, Hopefully someone else will buy it and do repairs and expand

KB
Feb 15, 2012

That def would not bode well for us as you know--if someone else buys it--our maintenance fees will go through the roof as they will be attempting to make up pay for the repairs! Just sayin' . . .

Faye S.
Jul 27, 2012

I'm in the process of purchasing a timeshare at the Finisterra Club and Resort in the Palapa section and I've never visited the resort. I'm curious about how the new construction is going and if you have heard about any of the plans that the new ownership has for the property. I have a 1 bedroom, 2 bath, that sleeps 6, with a full kitchen. What are these rooms like? How is the view from this section of the property?

Everything I've read has been positive about the location, staff, and food. The negatives have been the pool temperatures, hot tubs, and the hotel room section. Is this really the case.

If you have any information about the property I would greatly interested in it. I'm new to the timeshare idea and if you have any advice to pass along I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Troy H.
Sep 15, 2012

Have owned in old section for twenty years. Has anyone else been offered a " huge amount" by Lakota Vacations for their weeks???

Lloyd M.
Jan 02, 2013

would a '4-person' be considered a studio. We are staying in a studio and I was wondering how it would compare with pics 3 and 4 on the redweek website.

Mona S.
Jan 02, 2013

Just paid my maintenance fees today. .in person. .& mine did not increase at all. . :)

Faye S.
Jan 02, 2013

monas11 wrote:
would a '4-person' be considered a studio. We are staying in a studio and I was wondering how it would compare with pics 3 and 4 on the redweek website.

I will have to take a peek at pics after as I am mobile. .4 ppl is a studio. .they say 2 ppl with privacy & 4 ppl with no privacy. .patio doors leading to deck. .2 double beds with a night stand between. .tv & dressers at foot of beds. .then kind of a 1/4 wall with columns. .table with 4 chairs. .a bank of cupboards, sink, 2 burner stove top, bar size fridge, microwave. .big closet with safe. .sink. .bath/shower & toilet in same room. .entrance. .approx 700 sq ft I would guesstimate. .

Faye S.
Jan 02, 2013

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I have been coming here for 19 yrs so might be able to help. .

troyh60 wrote:
I'm in the process of purchasing a timeshare at the Finisterra Club and Resort in the Palapa section and I've never visited the resort. I'm curious about how the new construction is going and if you have heard about any of the plans that the new ownership has for the property. I have a 1 bedroom, 2 bath, that sleeps 6, with a full kitchen. What are these rooms like? How is the view from this section of the property?

Everything I've read has been positive about the location, staff, and food. The negatives have been the pool temperatures, hot tubs, and the hotel room section. Is this really the case.

If you have any information about the property I would greatly interested in it. I'm new to the timeshare idea and if you have any advice to pass along I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Faye S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 03, 2013 08:38 AM

Jan 03, 2013

The Finisterra has been sold to Santos, a company from Spain. They are in the process of making it an all inclusive resort. They have started remodeliing the old section and plan to make changes to the new section. I have been an owner since 1997 and they have not updated anything since 1999. The last few years they have not even maintained the premises. Good thing it was sold, but I am NOT a fan of all-inclusive, especially with all the local restaurants within waking distance. They will likely start raising maintenance fees by 6% each year per contract for original owners, I am not sure about new members fees.

KB

KB
Jan 03, 2013

Thanks! That is very helpful!

Mona S.
Jan 03, 2013

Maintenance fees were not raised for 2013. .nor is all inclusive mandatory at this point in time. .but there are many changes happening. .possibly look at forum at trip advisor. .

kbb3 wrote:
The Finisterra has been sold to Santos, a company from Spain. They are in the process of making it an all inclusive resort. They have started remodeliing the old section and plan to make changes to the new section. I have been an owner since 1997 and they have not updated anything since 1999. The last few years they have not even maintained the premises. Good thing it was sold, but I am NOT a fan of all-inclusive, especially with all the local restaurants within waking distance. They will likely start raising maintenance fees by 6% each year per contract for original owners, I am not sure about new members fees.

KB

Faye S.
Apr 21, 2013

The new company for construction boasts #2 in Latin America for development in Latin America with successes in Cancun and others. They may have originated in Spain but are also a subsidiary of Diamond Resorts in Las Vegas. I have 2 weeks in the Palapa section I am very pleased with but do concede the care of the resort has been on idle quite a while. The mattresses changed once since 1996 and the furniture getting a bit worn since then. The ice makers were swapped out. But the addition of the 2nd palapa and 3rd pool for the owning families daughters wedding was the last activity seen before Sandos closed the old driveway and old hilltop sections for major remodeling. The business office is gone and a new Restaurant was supposed to be completed there by now, I listened to their presentation but the increased costs for repurchasing 2 weeks of time there would have been between $40k - $45k. They convert to a point system with no provisions for keeping the same weeks of holiday time weeks 51 -52 or assurances for getting the same room I purchased my time in. The benefit is no maintenance fees, better gym and free restaurants and the rooms upgraded. All inclusive will be good food and service, they were still evaluating if the lowest pool would be heated or remain natural temperature. So for what I paid less than $30K in 1996 would cost me over $40k to repurchase now. I opted to stay with the existing contract which they say they will honor other than increases for things not covered in my original contract like meals. Massages in the planned Spa. I will need to find out how they handle the upgraded gym area.

fayes25 wrote:
Maintenance fees were not raised for 2013. .nor is all inclusive mandatory at this point in time. .but there are many changes happening. .possibly look at forum at trip advisor. .

kbb3 wrote:

KB

Travis T.
Dec 24, 2013

Well we're back here on our annual trek to the land of sun & more sun. .& really. .have very little to complain about. A lot of maintenance issues have been addressed. .property is looking good. .nice to see some of the old staff is still here. .little bit of a different vibe around pool area. .am thinkin' it's because of the 'all-inclusive' aspect. .but no biggie! Even managed to get all 3 weeks in the same unit :) Bad things. .in my eyes. .food has gone downhill. .& noise from the new 'disco' at night is somewhat annoying to us that have ocean facing rooms. But all is good. .& a heck of a lot more sun that we're getting in the Yukon right now. . :)

Faye S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.