Is Anybody Here?

Jan 05, 2007

Any owners from this resort...?

Bruce Z.

Last edited by bruce727 on Jan 18, 2007 09:30 AM

Feb 02, 2007

bruce727 wrote:
Any owners from this resort...?
I'm from this resort! Do you have a question?

Joanie S.

Last edited by joanies4 on Feb 02, 2007 05:47 AM

Feb 02, 2007

Mostly checking to see if anyone would answer. Must not be very many visitors to this forum as it's been silent for some time. That question has now been answered...

We bought 105K deeded pts. in '05 from the resort and stayed there last Summer. Convenient location and nice units but seems to be slightly low in amenities.

We're not savvy to the points program yet. We lost our bonus points from the initial purchase, thinking they would carry over to the next use year. We could've stayed longer or in a larger unit.

Much to learn.

Bruce Z.
Feb 05, 2007

yes, it is alot to learn, but i think if you really have the time and effort to put into learning the system, you will see how many wonderful other places you can stay other than what is deeded to you. You can use those points toward trips to Europe, Spain, Italy; and so much more, you can save them and bank them for the next year for a more expensive trip. It's especially wonderful for retired people that really DO take their vacations and DON't put them off. They are great to have as long as you take advantage of your points.

Joanie S.

Last edited by joanies4 on Mar 31, 2007 09:35 AM

May 08, 2007

bruce727 wrote:
Mostly checking to see if anyone would answer. Must not be very many visitors to this forum as it's been silent for some time. That question has now been answered...

We bought 105K deeded pts. in '05 from the resort and stayed there last Summer. Convenient location and nice units but seems to be slightly low in amenities.

We're not savvy to the points program yet. We lost our bonus points from the initial purchase, thinking they would carry over to the next use year. We could've stayed longer or in a larger unit.

Much to learn.

fairfield/wyndham capitalizes on owners that don't know the rules, of which there are many. my suggestion is to thoroughly read the book, and if necessary, call owner relations and ask questions. also be careful about transferring into rci or whatever exchange vehicle that you may have. find out the rules because it can be expensive and disapointing.

Thomas j P.
May 31, 2007

tomp53 wrote:
bruce727 wrote:

Much to learn.

fairfield/wyndham capitalizes on owners that don't know the rules, of which there are many. my suggestion is to thoroughly read the book, and if necessary, call owner relations and ask questions. also be careful about transferring into rci or whatever exchange vehicle that you may have. find out the rules because it can be expensive and disapointing.

Speaking of expensive, they're (Wyndham) now wanting another $140 closing cost to "release our deed". I can't find that hidden payment anywhere in our copy of the contract. We put the entire balance of the purchase on a newly opened RCI Mastercard on the day of purchase. (ANOTHER MAJOR MISTAKE)

So far they've sent four letters w/ payment envelopes. I need to call to find out what they're trying to pull. I'm of the opinion they've squeezed enough from our turnip already, but I'm sure they've got us!

Bruce Z.

Last edited by bruce727 on Jun 09, 2007 02:31 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.