Hurricane House

Hurricane House Members Forum

Jan 25, 2007

The un-official Hurricane House owners forum ...born 11/06 Hello fellow owners of Sanibel's Hurricane House timeshare resort. The need for a forum to discuss things that concern all of us as owners is very pressing, and a vehicle to get to know each other and air our opinions, comments, concerns is long overdue. It is doubtful that HGVC and the Resort management will ever put together a forum such as this, so let's be appreciative of Redweek.com for providing this opportunity. Feel free to begin posting. It would be great if you introduce yourself and mention how long you have been an owner, and any other tidbits you would like to share. I will check back from time to time to see how things are running....I guess I will stand up to be the un-official Moderator of this topic. Let's all be civil and attempt to be constructive. Talk to you soon!

Jerry Owner from Resort inception

Reply to This Message | Edit This Message jgira12

71 days ago Nov 15, 2006 08:09 PM No HH owners here? :)

54 days ago Dec 02, 2006 07:47 PM This is hard to believe....no HH owners here? Maybe this will help you get involved. How do you like your new maintenance fee amount? Do you think this will make it even harder to sell your unit some day?

Edited 1 time. Last edit by jgira12 on Jan 19, 2007 10:40 AM.

6 days ago Jan 19, 2007 10:40 AM I don't think Redweek has done a great job promoting the new Forums. This may be one reason you are not getting much response.

Reply to This Message dave122

6 days ago Jan 19, 2007 10:09 PM dave122 wrote: I don't think Redweek has done a great job promoting the new Forums. This may be one reason you are not getting much response.

Hi Dave,

We launched the forums about 3 months ago and have promoted them in our newsletters that go out to all our members. We also feel that the forums are noticeable on the resort pages.

A press release promoting the forums went out on January 18th 2007. So that has caused a boost in traffic too the past few days.

Forums tend to take a little while to get going but we feel this new feature will be a huge benefit to our members.

If you have any suggestions on how we can further promote our forums please let us know.

Thanks, Marty

Edited 1 time. Last edit by randy on Jan 20, 2007 10:23 AM.

Reply to This Message marty8084 RedWeek.com Staff

5 days ago Jan 20, 2007 01:45 AM dave122 wrote: I don't think Redweek has done a great job promoting the new Forums. This may be one reason you are not getting much response.

Dave, thanks for your comment. It may or may not be true. One thing is certain, a list of HH owners and their email addresses is off limits to the general public, not to mention the owners themselves. It amazes me in this digital age that such a list is such a guarded entity. But over time it will be developed, even if it is in a piecemeal fashion. Once it happens, there will be far more involvement with resort policies, rates, fees, etc. on the part of the owners. As it stands now, there is way too much secrecy and behind-the-scenes action. I'm sure this is true of any timeshare resort.

5 days ago Jan 20, 2007 11:40 AM Actually, this General Discussion Forum is the wrong place to start a forum for any specific resort. Though we do want owners to use the forums in this way, the best location for Hurricane House is the link below:

http://www.redweek.com/forums/threads?resort_id=1854

Forums take some time to build traffic and the promotion is something that RedWeek needs help with. We need the users of these forums to help spread the word. You have your friends that you've met at the resorts, you see people when you use your vacations. Maybe if you talk to other timeshare owners whether they are from your resort or not, the word will get around to those that own where you do.

Randy

Reply to This Message randy RedWeek.com Staff

5 days ago Jan 20, 2007 07:10 PM Ok, feel free to move this content.

4 days ago Jan 21, 2007 08:36 AM Hi Jerry,

You might want to copy your original message into the forum for Hurricane House and get it started there. We are still working on the capabilities of moving discussions from one forum to another. After you have copied your message then I'll remove this discussion from the General Forum section.

Thanks so much, Marty

Reply to This Message

Jerry G.
Aug 19, 2007

Hi Jerry, I am an owner at Hurricane House. I own 5 weeks and am very satisfied with the resort and Hilton managing it. I do agree that we do need to be able to communicate with other members. A group last year was trying to organize a owners list and website. I haven't heard from them lately.

Mark S.
Aug 19, 2007

mark723 wrote:
Hi Jerry, I am an owner at Hurricane House. I own 5 weeks and am very satisfied with the resort and Hilton managing it. I do agree that we do need to be able to communicate with other members. A group last year was trying to organize a owners list and website. I haven't heard from them lately.

Hi Mark. Nice to hear from you. I am pleased you agree that we should be able to communicate with one another. Afterall. this is the digital age! :) Maybe we can start a list of email addresses. If you have any send them to me and I'll alert the owners to this forum. Thanks!

Jerry

Jerry G.
Sep 08, 2009

I'd like to be included in that mailing list if it ever forms.

Tom S.
Sep 08, 2009

No problem, but we have a ways to go....LOL

Jerry G.
Sep 08, 2009

Okay. I think I see that. It looks to me like the last post was two years ago. Is there a site other than this one where interests are exchanged? I don't even know how people find this. I think I simply googled Hurricane House and found this site.

Tom S.
Sep 09, 2009

I hear ya...I think the problem is most of the owners are not computer savvy (an age thing, if I can be blunt), but I am 67 years old and I cannot see living in this world without taking advantage of the internet, etc. If you come up with any other ideas please let me know....if you were with us during the hurricane Charlie mess I think you understand the awful situation we had as owners in trying to find out what was going on, how long it would take to get back into our units, etc. A good forum could have saved a lot of grief....I don't want to be in that situation again.

Jerry G.
Nov 10, 2010

just letting you know I am still alive!!!:)

Jerry G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.