Los Cabos Golf Resort

Selling golf memberships

Feb 05, 2007

I have "Charter Membership" and have been told by the Mgt group in Arizona that if I sell my unit the golf membership CANNOT be transferred to the next owner!!!! Has anyone else spoken to mgt??

Mark R.
Mar 20, 2007

I don't know why they would do that! I'm selling mine as well. but I never filled in the names under golfers. Soooo, I hope I don't have a problem. st

Sara T.
Jul 15, 2007

markr99 wrote:
I have "Charter Membership" and have been told by the Mgt group in Arizona that if I sell my unit the golf membership CANNOT be transferred to the next owner!!!! Has anyone else spoken to mgt??

Have you sold your membership? What happened with regards to the golf transfer. We are thinking of selling our "Charter" also. I would think that the terms of the initial contract (that you could transfer the golf to a new person) could not be changed. I would be curious as to what you found out.

Dwight P.
Feb 27, 2008

I have sold a Charter Penthouse just before the Mgmt. changed the Rules. Now they are forcing me to Upgrade my other penthouse if I want to be able to Use the Resort in February. In 2005, I was made aware that the Resort Oversold the Floating Weeks for Fixed Weeks. (More Money You Know), I even sent a letter to the owners, who replied they did nothing of the sort and there would always be a full supply of rooms for use, by floating week members. By the way, The mgmt. is only asking $11,000.00 for this upgrade to Fixed week. No Rooms are Available to Me, as a float member, but if I upgrade or pay the Extort Monies, Just $11,000. I can then have my week that I want and have always been able to get for the last 11 years. I feel as though I am being EXTORTED. To make matters worse, what happens and how much will it cost me the next time they are going to change the rules again! Hey does anyboby want to buy my timeshare weeks. They used to have NO-Name Charter Memberships, until they changed the rules. Well let me get my check-book out and write a check for the greatest resort for screwing people in the world... Ya Right. A Very Unhappy Cabo San Lucas Club Member.

Jay B.

Last edited by jayb28 on Feb 27, 2008 07:09 PM

Feb 27, 2008

cdjkpage wrote:
markr99 wrote:

Have you sold your membership? What happened with regards to the golf transfer. We are thinking of selling our "Charter" also. I would think that the terms of the initial contract (that you could transfer the golf to a new person) could not be changed. I would be curious as to what you found out.

Jay B.
Feb 27, 2008

cdjkpage wrote:
markr99 wrote:

I have sold a Charter Penthouse just before the Mgmt. changed the Rules. Now they are forcing me to Upgrade my other penthouse if I want to be able to Use the Resort in February. In 2005, I was made aware that the Resort Oversold the Floating Weeks for Fixed Weeks. (More Money You Know), I even sent a letter to the owners, who replied they did nothing of the sort and there would always be a full supply of rooms for use, by floating week members. By the way, The mgmt. is only asking $11,000.00 for this upgrade to Fixed week. No Rooms are Available to Me, as a float member, but if I upgrade or pay the Extort Monies, Just $11,000. I can then have my week that I want and have always been able to get for the last 11 years. I feel as though I am being EXTORTED. To make matters worse, what happens and how much will it cost me the next time they are going to change the rules again! Hey does anyboby want to buy my timeshare weeks. They used to have NO-Name Charter Memberships, until they changed the rules. Well let me get my check-book out and write a check for the greatest resort for screwing people in the world... Ya Right. A Very Unhappy Cabo San Lucas Club Member.

Jay B.
Feb 27, 2008

markr99 wrote:

Jay B.
Feb 15, 2009

We bought last year and hove 20 years left on the RTU. We did get free unlimited golf. We play 2 rounds a day every day for only the cart fee. $16 last year, $22 this past feb. There are 4 of us and it was never a problem. After 2 yearsof free golf we feel we are ahead of the game if we never use it again. We bought a 2 bedroom unit and a executive studio for a total of $6,500. So it cost our foursome only about $1600 each. Great deal four a foursome of Golfaholics.

carl graziano

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.