Feb 07, 2007

Is anyone else having problems with RCI? Very slow response by E-mail or written questions. Extending magazine renewal subscriptions with out permission and so on. Does RCI still operate out of Indianapolis,In? If they do does anyone have a phone number that will get me there? It seems the last six months or so everytime you call RCI you go to Mexcio. Used to be you might go any place in the world. Thanks Geeheck

Gary H.
Feb 08, 2007

Without a doubt Rci is the bottom feeder of all timeshare trading companies.

They are great at helping you bank your unit but this is where it ends.

From time they have your unit service goes down hill and this is nothing new. Rci has worked like this for 26 years when we joined them. Stayed four years and left and see from post everyday nothing has changed!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Apr 10, 2009 07:13 AM

Feb 08, 2007

Yes, their offices are still in Indianapolis, Indiana. The number is 800-443-3600. RCI member services phone number is 800-338-7777.

gheck wrote:
Does RCI still operate out of Indianapolis,In? If they do does anyone have a phone number that will get me there? Geeheck

R P.
Feb 10, 2007

I have nothing nice to say about RCI. We own a unit that sleeps 10 in Vistana in Orlando. Initially we used the unit each year but, now that the children are older we have tried to exchange. We were told it is a valuable unit for trade power but, we have always had problems exchanging with RCI. Once we had banked with RCI we even tried to trade back into our unit with no success only to find out from the resort that there were vacancies. If at the last minute RCI offered us a unit we have always been downsized to a unit for 2. We have also been put into some resorts that were terrible and when we called RCI while at the resort got no help from them and the resorts blame RCI washing their hands of any problems.

Eileen H.
Feb 10, 2007

gheck wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with RCI? Very slow response by E-mail or written questions. Extending magazine renewal subscriptions with out permission and so on. Does RCI still operate out of Indianapolis,In? If they do does anyone have a phone number that will get me there? It seems the last six months or so everytime you call RCI you go to Mexcio. Used to be you might go any place in the world. Thanks Geeheck

I've got nothing good to say about RCI. I've had a timeshare for over 15 years and like the other posted messages I can never get a decent trade or response. I recently sold a palm springs resort that was ranked in the middle of the pack for requests 2600 out of the 5000 + resorts available, even though it was a gold crown resort, for a top 10 resort, per a letter from RCI, and I still can't get a decent trade, I can't even get my own resort!

Have you noticed that you can't get a decent trade but you can always buy an extra week in almost any resort RCI has to offer. You make the connection.

Why do we have to pay to belong to RCI then have to pay to make an exchange. Almost $300 a year

When we bought the new timeshare they gave us 10 years advance membership in RCI. I don't use them because I don't want to go the victorville, ca (desert) or Palm Springs (desert) in the middle of the summer.

If I do use them, it's to buy a week in a place I want to go.

Find an alternative way of trading, you won't have the frustration.

Michael N.
Feb 10, 2007

I have had good luck with RCI. Gotten wonderful trades in Hawaii, California and several times in Spain - last one was in October, 2006.

Originally I had II (17 years ago at timeshare) and then they went to RCI. Never had good luck with II at that time. Purchased a new timeshare in 2005 that was with RCI, but then went to II. I have the choice of using either, but although II has greatly improved, still have better trades at RCI.

Cherie W.
Feb 15, 2007

I joined RCI for the last minute deals and extra vacations. I have been a member for a year and a half and used it twice and it was great! I have not attempted a trade though.

Harry N.
Feb 16, 2007

michaeln61 wrote:
gheck wrote:

I've got nothing good to say about RCI. I've had a timeshare for over 15 years and like the other posted messages I can never get a decent trade or response. I recently sold a palm springs resort that was ranked in the middle of the pack for requests 2600 out of the 5000 + resorts available, even though it was a gold crown resort, for a top 10 resort, per a letter from RCI, and I still can't get a decent trade, I can't even get my own resort!

Have you noticed that you can't get a decent trade but you can always buy an extra week in almost any resort RCI has to offer. You make the connection.

Why do we have to pay to belong to RCI then have to pay to make an exchange. Almost $300 a year

When we bought the new timeshare they gave us 10 years advance membership in RCI. I don't use them because I don't want to go the victorville, ca (desert) or Palm Springs (desert) in the middle of the summer.

If I do use them, it's to buy a week in a place I want to go.

Find an alternative way of trading, you won't have the frustration.

I have owned my timeshare for nearly 11 years and while I am upset with the ever increasing costs such as maintenance fees and RCI dues and exchange fees, I have no complaints about the exchanges I've made. I have exchanged for 2 weeks in Hawaii on three different occassions (most recently in Jan. 2007) and 2 weeks in Italy plus a couple of exchanges in the carribbean-all have been very nice. The trick is that you have to bank your unit and request the exchange a long time in advance-usually about a year, especially if you want a popular area. It is a pain to plan that far in advance but I have found it pays off with very nice exchanges. NJK in Mpls.

Nancy K.
Feb 18, 2007

My husband and I just bought our first timeshare in summer '06. I wanted to exchange a week for March 2007. I called RCI (in Nov '06), completely naive, and thought this would be a fast and easy phone call. I have gotten nothing but lies, a screaming lady, and even a hang up from their employees. I am VERY disappointed with RCI. When we bought the timeshare, they gave us our first year free. I definately will NOT renew. They were VERY eager to take my gold crown red week and asked during every phone call if I'd like to depositing more weeks. They even asked me to renew my dues. I think not!!!

Horrible Experience, Texas

Rebecca R.
Feb 19, 2007

rebeccar77 wrote:
My husband and I just bought our first timeshare in summer '06. I wanted to exchange a week for March 2007. I called RCI (in Nov '06), completely naive, and thought this would be a fast and easy phone call. I have gotten nothing but lies, a screaming lady, and even a hang up from their employees. I am VERY disappointed with RCI. When we bought the timeshare, they gave us our first year free. I definately will NOT renew. They were VERY eager to take my gold crown red week and asked during every phone call if I'd like to depositing more weeks. They even asked me to renew my dues. I think not!!!

Rebecca I've found that it is easier to exchange yourself online. I've done that my last two exchanges, with great results. I've exchanged a gold crown blue for gold crown red for 07 and 08. Just go into exchange your vacation and put in areas and dates against your deposit. you can even select specific resorts. It gives you results right away. it's fun and easy, alot better than talking to someone. the key to enjoying timesharing is knowledge. learn how to use the system, and you'll enjoy. Lenny

Langdon M.
Feb 19, 2007

langdonmic wrote:
rebeccar77 wrote:

Rebecca I've found that it is easier to exchange yourself online. I've done that my last two exchanges, with great results. I've exchanged a gold crown blue for gold crown red for 07 and 08. Just go into exchange your vacation and put in areas and dates against your deposit. you can even select specific resorts. It gives you results right away. it's fun and easy, alot better than talking to someone. the key to enjoying timesharing is knowledge. learn how to use the system, and you'll enjoy. Lenny

Hey Texas! How do you exchange your unit online yourself without the help of RCI? Is there a website? Thanks, Pam

Pamela T.
Feb 19, 2007

pgolfer47 wrote:
langdonmic wrote:
rebeccar77 wrote:

Hey Texas! How do you exchange your unit online yourself without the help of RCI? Is there a website? Thanks, Pam

Hi Pam,

You can try using RedWeek.com. We have Free Direct Exchanges on RedWeek.com Until March 1, 2007 promotion

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 19, 2007 04:05 PM

Feb 20, 2007

You can go to www.rci.com and set up your online account. It's easy and you can perform your own online exchanges. We seldom used a RCI guide to book any of our exchanges ... we did them all online. You can also do the same with II (Interval Internationa).

rebeccar77 wrote:

R P.
Feb 20, 2007

In order to get an exchange you want (especially if it's in a very popular location and/or a very popular time), you have to deposit and book your week many months in advance with the exchange companies.

March is spring break across the USA for many colleges and high schools and it's a very popular vacation time for families who head south to Florida or other popular locations. The key is to deposit and start searching for such popular weeks many months in advance of your travel date.

Key words in exchanging are SUPPLY and DEMAND concerning a particular area or resort.

You can also check out the independent exchange companies such as ( www.dae.com www.sfx.com www.tradingplaces.com ) Many people are pleased with the exchanges they get from the independents.

rebeccar77 wrote:
My husband and I just bought our first timeshare in summer '06. I wanted to exchange a week for March 2007. I called RCI (in Nov '06), completely naive, and thought this would be a fast and easy phone call. I have gotten nothing but lies, a screaming lady, and even a hang up from their employees. I am VERY disappointed with RCI. When we bought the timeshare, they gave us our first year free. I definately will NOT renew. They were VERY eager to take my gold crown red week and asked during every phone call if I'd like to depositing more weeks. They even asked me to renew my dues. I think not!!! Horrible Experience, Texas

R P.
Feb 20, 2007

pgolfer47 wrote:
langdonmic wrote:
rebeccar77 wrote:

Pam If you're already a RCI member, all you need to do is set up an online account at rci.com. Then you'll be able to see what you have deposited, review and print your reservations etc... As long as you have a week to exchange. You can go to the exchange tab and just fill in areas or resorts that you want to go to and "click". You'll know what's available right away. Lenny

Langdon M.
Feb 21, 2007

I agree that RCI'S fees are a lot for what they actually do. However, they are not responsible for maintenance fees and these too, are a sore point. This year we've actually got what we wanted for probably the first time or maybe 2nd time. When you book by phone you can also book the flight but on the web you couldn't do that all at the same time. If you could it would be much easier as we can be on the phone for an hour.

Edna B.
Feb 21, 2007

ednab2 When you book by phone you can also book the flight but on the web you couldn't do that all at the same time. If you could it would be much easier as we can be on the phone for an hour.

I don't know about Rci booking your flights but II does same thing with their travel agency there and their statement of lowest prices and saving you money!

I did my homework last year and found that out of four of the top travel ticket offices II came in last. They also limited your choices to flights and we found the flights we would book with other companies wasn't even on their list.

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Feb 25, 2007 02:42 PM

Feb 24, 2007

langdonmic wrote:
rebeccar77 wrote:

Hi -- I'm an rci member and have some certificates for weeks that I received when we purchased our timeshare. Is there a way I can "deposit" these so that I can book online, or do I have to go through phone?

Deb M.
Feb 24, 2007

debm12 wrote:
langdonmic wrote:
rebeccar77 wrote:

Hi -- I'm an rci member and have some certificates for weeks that I received when we purchased our timeshare. Is there a way I can "deposit" these so that I can book online, or do I have to go through phone?

Hi, I'm not sure about that. the best thing to do is to call and ask them. They are good a year from the date you got them, right. when we used ours, I remembering calling. Lenny

Langdon M.
Feb 24, 2007

langdonmic wrote:
debm12 wrote:
langdonmic wrote:
rebeccar77 wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure about that. the best thing to do is to call and ask them. They are good a year from the date you got them, right. when we used ours, I remembering calling. Lenny

Thanks Lenny

Deb M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.