Feb 08, 2007

I just got back from staying a this wonderful resort on Feb 2 2007. There is not enough room on this page to say how nice this place is. The resort, the people who work there, the beach is the best!! The rooms are really nice and the daily maid service did a great job. They have a nice gym with new equipment. Never had a bad meal while staying in Aruba right down to Pizza Bobs outside the lobby to the right. It's one of the best pizza's I've had. I give it a five star rating and I can't wait to go back!

Debbie D.
Feb 20, 2007

Everythig you said is absolutely true and then some. We have been going there for 12 years and Costa Linda is the best by far. You are so right about the food and the people, they are the greatest and Pizza Bobs is our favorite place for pizza, none better on the island that we have found. We will be there in June/July and we are already looing forward to the trip...of course we have to come home and go on a diet right away but we do try and work out when we are there in the new gym....it is really state of the art now.

Carrie H.
Mar 22, 2007

carrieh38 wrote:
Everythig you said is absolutely true and then some. We have been going there for 12 years and Costa Linda is the best by far. You are so right about the food and the people, they are the greatest and Pizza Bobs is our favorite place for pizza, none better on the island that we have found. We will be there in June/July and we are already looing forward to the trip...of course we have to come home and go on a diet right away but we do try and work out when we are there in the new gym....it is really state of the art now.

We are considering Costa Linda for a family vacation this winter (with 3 young children ages 5 - 11). What is the surf like on this beach??? We were in Cancun last year and the waves were too rough for the younger kids. We would like a calmer surf.

The room we are considering is called "cayena". It looks from the resort layout on the website that these are all on the ground floor, which is fine with us since it looks like you can exit right to the pool area out the back. Can anyone confirm this? Also, what is the suggested mode of transportation to and from the resort?

Any hints, suggestions or inside information that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Susan G.
Mar 22, 2007

Better check on the room it is a one bed room and it is nice but may be a little small for 5.....the resort is very "kid" friendly and thay have planned activities every day for them.....I think you will fall in love with Aruba and the resort......you can hire sitters if you wanted to go to dinner one night alone and if you do be sure and try Madam Jeannetts....it is the greatest food ever and if you wanted to take the children that would work as well. We will be there the last week of June and the first week of July...when are you planning on being there?? And remember Pizza Bob's for the pizza.....the children will love it and you can order room service for them if you go out for dinner and get a sitter for them.

Carrie H.
Mar 23, 2007

Thanks! It looked into it and it is a 2 bedroom Cayena. What is the difference between the Cayena suites and the superior suites? Do you know?

Also, can anyone tell me what the surf is like on the beach? Are the waves strong or mild???

One more thing, what is the best way to get to the resort from the airport?

Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Susan G.
Mar 24, 2007

susang121 wrote:
carrieh38 wrote:

We are considering Costa Linda for a family vacation this winter (with 3 young children ages 5 - 11). What is the surf like on this beach??? We were in Cancun last year and the waves were too rough for the younger kids. We would like a calmer surf.

The room we are considering is called "cayena". It looks from the resort layout on the website that these are all on the ground floor, which is fine with us since it looks like you can exit right to the pool area out the back. Can anyone confirm this? Also, what is the suggested mode of transportation to and from the resort?

Any hints, suggestions or inside information that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

The Cuyan units are on the ground floor and you can walk directly to the pool...great location. Also the waves are mostly small and suitable for children at most times of the year.

Carrie H.
Apr 08, 2007

Some days the waves are rough and some days they are calm. We were there with our 2 children ages 10 & 6 in March. The water was calm for half the week. The little one preferred the pool and the 10 yr old loved the waves as long as someone was in with him...it can get rough and you have to be aware at all times or you can get hurt if you are not at the right spot of the wave. You should bring the kids life vests because the water is deep and if they are not strong swimmers they will come in handy. We brought noodles and I was glad we did....I even used them!! You will definately have a great time at Costa Linda. We took a cab to and from the airport, they are available at all times. If you want to e-mail me with any questions you have I would love to reply.

Tracy P.

Last edited by tracyp53 on Apr 08, 2007 11:52 AM

Apr 08, 2007

Thanks! That is great info. My children will be very close in age to yours when we travel, so any inside info. you can think of would be greatly appreciated.

Did you spend most of your time at the resort? How was the pool? Where did you eat that the kids liked? Did you mostly walk to dinner or cab? What did you do for breakfast and lunch? Are there any activities at the resort that the kids especially enjoyed? Did you order from the store at the resort store before you got there? How is the drinking water in Aruba? I know that in some places it is OK to drink, but not in others? Any other special precautions? How do towels work? Are they plentiful? Are they available at the pool?

I hope it doesn't sound like I am attacking you with questions. But, I always get a little nervous when I book a resort that I know nothing about and that no one I know personally has stayed at.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!!

Susan G.

Last edited by susang121 on Apr 08, 2007 02:08 PM

May 21, 2007

Balcony for 2 Bedroom unit & Resort Layout

I'm confused, from the pictures I've seen, some balconys seemed larger than others. How can I determine which balconys are applicable to which units.

How can I determine which units are closetest to the ocean? Is there a floor plan which shows exectly where the units are located?

Catherine W.
May 23, 2007

catherine266 wrote:
Balcony for 2 Bedroom unit & Resort Layout

I'm confused, from the pictures I've seen, some balconys seemed larger than others. How can I determine which balconys are applicable to which units.

How can I determine which units are closetest to the ocean? Is there a floor plan which shows exectly where the units are located?

There is a resort map on their website http://www.costalinda-aruba.com/

Susan G.
Mar 21, 2009

The Cayenne units are hotel rooms created from the former location of a restaurant. They are either 1 or 2 bedrooms on the ground floors with patioes.

The timeshare portion of the resort consists of mostly 2-bedroom units with balconies or patios on the ground floor. There are also 3-bedroom units with huge balconies and patioes. These 3-bedroom units have lockoffs with balconies/patios smaller than the 2-bedroom ones.

Website has layouuts and resort plan.

I. M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.