Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

ANYONE WITH FEEDBACK AS TO EXPERIENCES HERE

Feb 12, 2007

CONSIDERING VACATIONING HERE IN JULY. HAVE NEVER STAYED AND WOULD LIKE OPINIONS ON RESORT. AS TO MAINTENANCE, NEWER UNITS OR OLDER NOT AS WELL-KEPT, WELL STAFFED OR NO.THANKS FOR ANY FEEDBACK!!

Felicia B.
Feb 13, 2007

We have taken our children and grandchildren here for the last 6 years. They love it and our grandchildren think we are rich. Their parents are really the rich ones. Try to get a unit facing the lake or one of the buildings in the back that are only 4 floors. There is alot to do for everyone. Dont attend the maintenance meeting with staff and you wont face a sales presentation.

Barbara B.
Feb 14, 2007

barbara1246 wrote:
We have taken our children and grandchildren here for the last 6 years. They love it and our grandchildren think we are rich. Their parents are really the rich ones. Try to get a unit facing the lake or one of the buildings in the back that are only 4 floors. There is alot to do for everyone. Dont attend the maintenance meeting with staff and you wont face a sales presentation.
Thanks a lot Barbara. I love FL, but I also like to hear feed back from others when it's concerning a new place. Thanks for your time and have a great day!!

Felicia B.
Mar 05, 2007

We chose to go on the Presidents Day weekend since the kids were out of school. It was a chilly weekend, and our westgate experience was terrible. We checked in at around 8pm and when we pulled up in front of the room, 2 maintence men ran out of our room looking very suspicous. We had no heat, refridgerator ran loudly all the time. The dryer would not blow hot air, the big screen tv was so scratched up you had to sit at an angle to get a clear picture. The kitchen tile was broken and reglued in many places. This was one trip we could not wait to get back home. The sales presentation lasted 3 hours and they wouldn't take "no" for an answer, very very pushy.

Lori P.
Apr 26, 2007

I own a unit facing the lake and have stayed there several times over the last few years. I am trying to sell, however, this is an unbiased opinion and I am selling mostly for economical reasons. Also I have only stayed in my own unit so cannot comment on the other buildings. The unit is spacious with an airy feel and has always been clean. The furniture is ok, but the cabinets etc look a bit plasticy in my opinion. The kitchen equipment is good and has always been in perfect working order, as have the whirlpool baths. The beds are very comfortable and the linen is clean. The balconies/patios have patio tables and chairs. I am always quite happy to stay in my unit and it is very convenient to pop up to Publix etc in Sand Lake Road and also convenient for SeaWorld, Disney and I-Drive. They do seem to be improving the resort by adding more amenities recently. If you prefer a quiet area I would suggest asking for a unit in the 2000s - 2300 building's patios and balconies all overlook the lake. Also if you have a ground floor you can open the screen door and walk straight out on the grass by the lake. If you choose the upper levels you can see the Disney fireworks in the distance. Hope this is of assistance

Karen W.
Apr 26, 2007

PS - if you don't want to buy do not attend a sales presentation or maintenance meeting - as has been said before, the sales people are extremely pushy. If you just say no, they won't bother you.

Karen W.
Sep 27, 2007

Terrible management from the top on down.I cannot wait to sell my 3/3 lockoff.I would not recommend this resort to anyone!

Jerry O.
Dec 12, 2007

wow! i am surprised by the diversity in peoples' postings. I have owned here since 2000. I have never had a maintenance issue that wasn't handled right away. My unit is always well kept and clean. I have ended up in other units other than my own. I find the resort has everything I need and more. I am in the quieter area on the end, and always request to be there. Parking has rarely been a problem. We own during one of the premium weeks, and although it can be busy, you can always find a quieter area/pool since there are so many of them. They are currently building a water park, but in the meantime, you can hit one of the 7 pools, or lake for water sports. Mini Golf is free for owners/guests. AND now they are having a PET BUILDING (Extra fees apply)! If you would like to e-mail me for more info, you can @sifisummer@yahoo.com. I recently upgraded.

Summer P.
Jan 30, 2008

Could anyone teel me which building to request? I would like a newer one.

Donnie J.
Jan 31, 2008

I haven't stayed in all the buildings but would recommend 2400 building because I have never had a problem with the unit facilities and they have a lovely view over the lake. Anything above the ground floor is very private - you are not overlooked by anybody.The unit is quite near the Turtle Cove pool. I have found them to be quiet. Last year I stayed a few days in 1100 building in a studio on the ground floor and it was really tatty and we had to be careful because people playing putting were right outside the patio.

Karen W.
Feb 19, 2008

joconsecur wrote:
Terrible management from the top on down.I cannot wait to sell my 3/3 lockoff.I would not recommend this resort to anyone!
This is a wonderful resort, I have owned since 2003 and paid very little for my 3bedroom,3bath lock-off unit, but that!s beside the point. Westgate is top of the line, best of the best, management is top notch. If you have such distaste for your unite, offer it to charity. I recently let a friend spend 2 weeks in my unit in January 2008, this is all he talks about, how he enjoyed it and how well it was maintained. You know I never hear comments about the gated security at Westgate!! Westgate has something to offer for everyone. Case closed!!!!

Gary S.
May 12, 2008

We purchased our timeshare last year (2007) and used it for the first time this year (May 3-10, 2008). We stayed in building 100. It's new and very nice. The unit we purchased is still under construction. We happened to be in the midst of the construction, but it wasn't very disruptive to our stay. We had a little trouble getting our lockoff unlocked, but otherwise no issues with staff. The place was very clean. We're looking forward to the water park at our next visit and staying in our new unit.

Karen D.
May 12, 2008

donniej5 wrote:
Could anyone teel me which building to request? I would like a newer one.
The lower the number the newer the building. I owned in the 200 building, then they built the 300 building which i stayed in on my last stay, very nice. And now i have upgraded to the 100 building (where they are building the water park and it faces the lake, but as of Feb, they were just digging the holes for that. I think they said Oct they would be done with the water park?) but i believe they opened the 100 building right after i stayed in late Feb. IF you stay there prior to the finish of the water park though, you will hear plenty of construction during the day. Also they are going to be building a 90 building soon, same area.

Summer P.
Mar 11, 2012

this is the last place that you should vacation. it sucks imo.

Jerry O.

Last edited by joconsecur on Mar 11, 2012 06:52 PM

Mar 11, 2012

Many of their domestic people there do not understand english,therefore you spend alot of wasted time trying to get your message across. I thought that i was in a foreign land.-forget this place.

Jerry O.

Last edited by joconsecur on Mar 11, 2012 06:58 PM

Mar 11, 2012

run-don't walk away from this dump. there are much better run locations nearby.

Jerry O.

Last edited by joconsecur on Mar 11, 2012 06:53 PM

Mar 11, 2012

garystpierre wrote:
joconsecur wrote:
This is a wonderful resort, I have owned since 2003 and paid very little for my 3bedroom,3bath lock-off unit, but that!s beside the point. Westgate is top of the line, best of the best, management is top notch. If you have such distaste for your unite, offer it to charity. I recently let a friend spend 2 weeks in my unit in January 2008, this is all he talks about, how he enjoyed it and how well it was maintained. You know I never hear comments about the gated security at Westgate!! Westgate has something to offer for everyone. Case closed!!!!

Jerry O.
Sep 16, 2012

We have owned since 2003. Love the resort, hate the pushiness of the Salespeople. We were told that now we can rent without WG taking part of the profits. That wasn't the case 9 years ago. So that may have saved us from donating our 3 br. We do like having it for big family events. Also there is a cruise option that is rather attractive in the last few months. This is 2012 and we are trying to make a decision. We have always liked the amenities, atmosphere and location of Westgate Lakes. But the maintenance fees seem to just keep going up. And they have been trying to get us to buy the Odd years to go with our Even years. Really don't see the point in that. But the security is good, and our kids loved this property when they were small. Next our grandkids will be here with us.

Joshua S.
Apr 29, 2013

I have owned this property since 2010 and I am very impressed with it. I own one of the newer models in 80 bldg. Very quiet with everything at your fingertips. This model is so relaxing much like home. The staff was very friendly and available. Rooms were very cleaned. I have stayed in many hotels and resorts and it compares to some 5-star hotels. Very impressive.

Cheryl M.
Jun 30, 2013

We have owned since 2003 and have upgrading three times , we also had upgraded to bldg 90. 4 bedroom platinum , we love it never had a problem

cherylm482 wrote:
I have owned this property since 2010 and I am very impressed with it. I own one of the newer models in 80 bldg. Very quiet with everything at your fingertips. This model is so relaxing much like home. The staff was very friendly and available. Rooms were very cleaned. I have stayed in many hotels and resorts and it compares to some 5-star hotels. Very impressive.

Rosalind D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.