Woodstone at Massanutten & Woodstone Casas

Woodstone Meadows vs. Casa de Campo

Feb 12, 2007

We have traded into a week at Massanutten and I am confused about the accommodations. We exchanged for "Woodstone" - which is supposed to be an RCI Gold Crown resort. We have been assigned "Casa de Campo." Are these the same thing? Any details would be appreciated.

Brian F.
Mar 01, 2007

We have traded into a week at Massanutten and I am confused about the accommodations. We exchanged for "Woodstone" - which is supposed to be an RCI Gold Crown resort. We have been assigned "Casa de Campo." Are these the same thing? Any details would be appreciated.

Cynthia H.
Mar 01, 2007

bman2p wrote:
We are owners of Casa de Campo /Woodstone Meadows, They are located close to the check in bldg. not up on the hillside. They are very new. You will love that you are close to a pool, store, pizza & sub shop. You will have a Great time there, lots to do.

Cynthia H.
Mar 07, 2007

cynthia954 wrote:

I CALLED THE WOODSTONE RESORT TODAY AND WAS TOLD THAT CASA DE CAMPO IS THE SAME RESORT AS WOODSTONE JUST A DIFFERENT SECTION. IT IS STILL A GOLD CROWN ACCOMODATION. I HOPE THAT I RECEIVED THE RIGHT INFORMATION TODAY. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

Donna M.
Mar 07, 2007

bman2p wrote:

I CALLED THE WOODSTONE RESORT TODAY AND WAS TOLD THAT CASA DE CAMPO IS THE SAME RESORT AS WOODSTONE JUST A DIFFERENT SECTION. IT IS STILL A GOLD CROWN ACCOMODATION. I HOPE THAT I RECEIVED THE RIGHT INFORMATION TODAY. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

Donna M.
Apr 27, 2007

Hello, I sell timeshare at Massanutten. The Casa de Campo is a gold crown facility. It actually is a great buy at the resort. It trades just like the bigger woodstone units and has less maintainance fees. You will love this luxurious unit!

Tracey T.
Apr 28, 2007

traceyt15 wrote:
Hello, I sell timeshare at Massanutten. The Casa de Campo is a gold crown facility. It actually is a great buy at the resort. It trades just like the bigger woodstone units and has less maintainance fees. You will love this luxurious unit!

Hi -- actually we did *not* love it. It was not luxurious at all!!! Despite being brand new, it is cheaply made and cheaply furnished and I don't think it will hold up with regular use. We could hear every word uttered in the unit next door because the walls were so thin. Our unit had ants in the kitchen and bathroom. It had a very odd smell the entire week we there, like old cooking smells. The furnishings and fixtures (carpet, cabinets, flooring, decorations) are cheap, cheap, cheap. It is a long way from the recreation center, so I had to drive my girls back and forth to every activity. To be honest, we were very disappointed with our unit and our entire stay at Massanutten. It has been overdeveloped with too many timeshares without the infrastructre to support the number of guests. Water park -- crowded and expensive. 30 minute wait in a chaotic line for check-in. Classes and activities booked up far in advance, even though we called to schedule them the day we checked in. Everything was charged a fee. Inconsistent policies regarding showing ID, as well as what is charged a fee and what isn't. Everything is spread out and requires a lot of driving and parking (a contrast to our home resorrt where we enjoy walking around the resort). We attended a magic show one night ($10 per person) and had to get there 90 minutes before show time to get in line to get a seat. Live and learn ... I'm sure other people think that it is fabulous, but we won't be back.

Brian F.
Jul 20, 2007

I always become perplexed by the complaint of being charged a fee for Massanutten amenities. When you go to Busch Gardens, Disney, Myrtle Beach or the OBX ... do you not pay for mini-golf? go-carting? waterparks? evening entertainment? Do you not drive to these activities? Do you not wait in long lines at a waterpark?

There are plenty of *free* things to do at Massanutten - 2 playgrounds, hiking trails, 4 indoor/outdoor swimming pools, softball tournaments, horse shoe tournaments, family scavenger hunts, use of the indoor sports complexes (pools, racquetball courts, ping-pong, gymnasium for volleyball & basketball, weight room), use of the *dozens* of outdoor basketball, tennis & volleyball courts and trout-stocked ponds.

I cannot speak for the Casa de Campo condos - I have heard that the quality of these units are not good -- but I cannot understand the complaint of 'driving' around the resort because if you vacationed at ANY of the locations mentioned above ... you would have to 'drive' to most family activities. Most people love the fact that you don't have to leave the resort property all week to find something to do -- yes, mini-golf is $5 -- that's what it costs when I am at home too -- yes, go-carting is $6 but when I went to Disney it was $8 --- yes, the magic show is $10 but when I went to the beach last summer I paid $20; if price is a concern you could attend Massanutten's family movie night on Tuesday evenings. The price is $1.

I completely agree that Massanutten should build another pool but I really just don't understand why people complain about *paying* for activities at Massanutten & don't complain about it when they go to the beach or Disney.

By the way, I own a year-round vacation house at Massanutten. If you have a question, feel free to ask.

Janet S.

Last edited by schultzie6 on Jul 20, 2007 04:45 AM

Jul 20, 2007

schultzie6 wrote:
I always become perplexed by the complaint of being charged a fee for Massanutten amenities. When you go to Busch Gardens, Disney, Myrtle Beach or the OBX ... do you not pay for mini-golf? go-carting? waterparks? evening entertainment? Do you not drive to these activities? Do you not wait in long lines at a waterpark?

There are plenty of *free* things to do at Massanutten - 2 playgrounds, hiking trails, 4 indoor/outdoor swimming pools, softball tournaments, horse shoe tournaments, family scavenger hunts, use of the indoor sports complexes (pools, racquetball courts, ping-pong, gymnasium for volleyball & basketball, weight room), use of the *dozens* of outdoor basketball, tennis & volleyball courts and trout-stocked ponds.

I cannot speak for the Casa de Campo condos - I have heard that the quality of these units are not good -- but I cannot understand the complaint of 'driving' around the resort because if you vacationed at ANY of the locations mentioned above ... you would have to 'drive' to most family activities. Most people love the fact that you don't have to leave the resort property all week to find something to do -- yes, mini-golf is $5 -- that's what it costs when I am at home too -- yes, go-carting is $6 but when I went to Disney it was $8 --- yes, the magic show is $10 but when I went to the beach last summer I paid $20; if price is a concern you could attend Massanutten's family movie night on Tuesday evenings. The price is $1.

I completely agree that Massanutten should build another pool but I really just don't understand why people complain about *paying* for activities at Massanutten & don't complain about it when they go to the beach or Disney.

By the way, I own a year-round vacation house at Massanutten. If you have a question, feel free to ask.

I guess we are spoiled becasue we own at Smuggler's Notch, Vermont. We don't pay extra for these things. The nightly entertainment is included (with the exception of paying for a Bingo card at Bingo, but you also have the option of playing for candy for free). We don't pay for mini golf. There are no go-carts (thank goodness!) There are 5 pools, one of which is like a water park - we don't pay to use those either. The kids' camp activities are included with our ownership.

We were particularly frustrated with the fact that we traded for Woodstone - within walking distance of the pool and activity center. We did this specifically so that our (teen) kids could go on their own to activities. Instead, we were put in Casa de Campo (Casa de Cheapo), a mile away. Yes, the kids can walk a mile -- but there is no sidewalk; you eiither walk on the road where cars speed, or have to walk through the golf course, which they know better than to do.

And no, we don't have to drive to things at Smuggs either. Our car stays parked unless we leave the resort to go sightseeing. The kids can walk to everything, or call for a free shuttle.

Clearly, our expectations were too high. Beyond these things, it was the general policies of the resort that we found aggravating. Thirty minute line to check in. Classes for the week already filled on the day we checked in so that we couldn't even taken advantage of the $100 activity card we paid for. Having to arrive 1 1/2 hours in advance for the evening entertainment in order to get a seat. Inconsistent policies regarding showing ID cards at facilities. Overcrowded everything. Things like that.

I'm happy you're happy with Massanutten - we weren't, and we won't be back.

Brian F.

Last edited by bman2p on Jul 20, 2007 06:18 AM

Jul 20, 2007

bman2p wrote:
schultzie6 wrote:

I guess we are spoiled becasue we own at Smuggler's Notch, Vermont. We don't pay extra for these things. The nightly entertainment is included (with the exception of paying for a Bingo card at Bingo, but you also have the option of playing for candy for free). We don't pay for mini golf. There are no go-carts (thank goodness!) There are 5 pools, one of which is like a water park - we don't pay to use those either. The kids' camp activities are included with our ownership.

We were particularly frustrated with the fact that we traded for Woodstone - within walking distance of the pool and activity center. We did this specifically so that our (teen) kids could go on their own to activities. Instead, we were put in Casa de Campo (Casa de Cheapo), a mile away. Yes, the kids can walk a mile -- but there is no sidewalk; you eiither walk on the road where cars speed, or have to walk through the golf course, which they know better than to do.

And no, we don't have to drive to things at Smuggs either. Our car stays parked unless we leave the resort to go sightseeing. The kids can walk to everything, or call for a free shuttle.

Clearly, our expectations were too high. Beyond these things, it was the general policies of the resort that we found aggravating. Thirty minute line to check in. Classes for the week already filled on the day we checked in so that we couldn't even taken advantage of the $100 activity card we paid for. Having to arrive 1 1/2 hours in advance for the evening entertainment in order to get a seat. Inconsistent policies regarding showing ID cards at facilities. Overcrowded everything. Things like that.

I'm happy you're happy with Massanutten - we weren't, and we won't be back.

**We too own @ Smuggs (week 6 & week 25; with floating weeks) -- when I rent my Smuggs unit during the summer, the guest needs to pay a $255/family fee to use the pools with waterslides & also has to pay for kids camps & skate park camps. For a family with 3 children this would equal almost $1000.00 -- or someone could rent directly from Smuggs Resort and pay $2,850.00 for the weekly rental and full use of all facilities/camps.

I agree that the check-in line is ridiculous and the administrative staff should certainly be able to diminish the chaos. Regarding driving, Massanutten Resort is a 6,000 acre resort. When we use our Smugglers Notch timeshare we have to drive down to the "Village" area since we own in the Sycamore units & when purchasing, the timeshare the owner needs to decide whether or not to purchase the 20 year Family Activity package (dependant upon the family size, this can run an extra $2,000 - $5,500) -- unless of course you purchased a timeshare from the resort sales staff which can run upwards of $35,000 for a 2 Bdrm unit (instead of on resale at 50% below the resort prices).

I agree that Massanutten is not for everyone ... neither is Smuggs. But quite honestly, I own at both Smuggs and Massanutten ... personally, my family of 6 kids (9 - 21) prefer Massanutten. JMHO

Janet S.
Sep 16, 2007

Massanutten is one of the best places we've been at. I would not hesitate to promote it to friends and family. Top 10% of all the timeshares out there.

Howie S.
Sep 16, 2007

bman2p wrote:

I sell timeshare at Massanutten. The Casa is equivalent to the luxury unit. Both are Woodstone Meadows Properties and are Gold Crown properties.

Tracey T.
Sep 30, 2007

Is there such a thing as a Casa de Campo that accomodates 12 people? I am looking at one property for sale, and I believe the information is not correct. They mention 4 bedrooms, 12 people occ, $425 FM, and it is Casa de Campo (Woodstone). Description fits more the Woodstone Meadows (4 bedrooms).

Thanks for any information.

Lawrence M.
Sep 30, 2007

To the best of my knowledge (I own timeshares in the Summit/Woodstone and Eagle Trace plus a year-round home near the ski slopes), if it is deeded as as Campo de Campo then is is not a unit that accommodates 12 people. The BEST way to verify ownership is to ask the seller for their contract number, then call the resort's owner services department and have them look it up in the data base.

Janet S.
Sep 30, 2007

Thank you Schultzie6, you are always so helpful and knowledgeable, and so lucky to own something at Massanutten. We just really love the resort and area, and are looking for something we can afford. We are goingto visit the area for one day for the Fall Feast and to visit the Green Valley Book Fair that we discovered last year.

Lawrence M.
Nov 18, 2007

The difference between Woodstone and Woodstone (Casa de Campo). The first to be built were the Woodstone which are 4 bedroom lock-offs. Maint Fee $440. They can be split off into 2 - 2 bedroom units. If you exchange into a 2 bedroom you get the two bedrooms within the same unit. You can not get a one bedroom in the Woodstone. If you exchange into a 4 bedroom you get a separate entrance and 2 kitchens - accommodates 12. The Woodstone (Casa de Campo) are all 2 bedroom lock-offs. Maint Fee $330. They can be split off into 2 - 1 bedroom units. You can exchange into a one bedroom or you can exchange into a 2 bedroom here with separate entrance and two kitchens. I hope this helps. Too bad that the sales people that replied could not give you the information requested.

George K.
Jan 12, 2008

georgek74 wrote:
The difference between Woodstone and Woodstone (Casa de Campo). The first to be built were the Woodstone which are 4 bedroom lock-offs. Maint Fee $440. They can be split off into 2 - 2 bedroom units. If you exchange into a 2 bedroom you get the two bedrooms within the same unit. You can not get a one bedroom in the Woodstone. If you exchange into a 4 bedroom you get a separate entrance and 2 kitchens - accommodates 12. The Woodstone (Casa de Campo) are all 2 bedroom lock-offs. Maint Fee $330. They can be split off into 2 - 1 bedroom units. You can exchange into a one bedroom or you can exchange into a 2 bedroom here with separate entrance and two kitchens. I hope this helps. Too bad that the sales people that replied could not give you the information requested.
Questions: We will be staying for the first time this spring and plan to cook a few meals during our stay. What to pack as cleaning supplies, salt&pepper, paper towels ect.?

S. L.
Jan 12, 2008

. Questions: We will be staying for the first time this spring and plan to cook a few meals during our stay. What to pack as cleaning supplies, salt&pepper, paper towels ect.?

They are very well supplied at the Woodstone. We normally bring with us salt and pepper and spices, but sometimes these are supplied. All cleaning supplies have always been available in the units including paper towels, dish washing detergent, laundry soap etc.

George K.
Jan 13, 2008

georgek74 wrote:
Questions: We will be staying for the first time this spring and plan to cook a few meals during our stay. What to pack as cleaning supplies, salt&pepper, paper towels ect.?

They are very well supplied at the Woodstone. We normally bring with us salt and pepper and spices, but sometimes these are supplied. All cleaning supplies have always been available in the units including paper towels, dish washing detergent, laundry soap etc.

Thank you! What, if any would be good restaurants close (within 10-12 miles)?

S. L.
Jan 14, 2008

We cooked the majority of our meals but leaving the resort driving towards Harrisonburg you will come across many restaurants and shopping centers as well as food stores. Absolutely no problem finding what you want.

George K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.