Feb 16, 2007

Just purchased resale Can anyone who has been there give me any insight on this resort?

Benjamin B.
Feb 24, 2007

I'm an owner since last June. Bought during our preview stay. Reserved for 10 nights in June of 07. What would you like to know, and I'll try to help?

C. N.

Last edited by c922 on Feb 24, 2007 06:55 AM

Feb 25, 2007

c922 wrote:
I'm an owner since last June. Bought during our preview stay. Reserved for 10 nights in June of 07. What would you like to know, and I'll try to help?

Thanks can you give me an objective review? Id like to hear the good points as well as bad ones.

Benjamin B.
Feb 25, 2007

I'm not sure how objective I can be. We love this place!!! We visited on a preview trip, determined that we would not, under any circumstances, buy anything. The salesman was very low key, and we are very familiar with sales tactics after both having careers in sales. However, we weren't counting on falling in love with the place. With all of this in mind, I'll try the negatives first: - no ocean views - the "view" units are not worth the extra points - a concern - if the units will always have hotel pool access - pool at units only "ok" - closest beach is a short drive (or shuttle) away - I didn't go to the beach, but my family reported that the sand was coarse and hard to walk on - no one bedroom units in Kohola Suites, 2br, 2ba only

Positives, in my opinion far outweigh the negatives. - beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bath interiors - 3 plasma TVs, one each in living and both bedrooms - guest bedroom has two double beds - plenty of free parking - elevators in each building - peaceful location in Waikoloa - free shuttle to hotel, beach shopping and restaurants in Waikoloa - above, all in walking distance with nice side walks along Waikoloa Drive - it is on the Big Island and in Hawaii!!! - helpful and attentive staff - several golf courses in area - Waikoloa is expanding to include additional shopping and eating selections - dive trip pick-ups at the front gate - use of pools and lagoon beach at the Hilton Waikoloa!!! The hotel is like a tropical fantasy land. The rooms are only passable, but the exterior is incredible. So staying at the condos are the best of both worlds - great accommodation, great amenities!

Most other details are available on the HGVC website. I've tried to offer some that aren't there. If you can PM me, I can point you to a lengthy discussion from several people on these timeshares.

I hope this helps!

nonutrix

C. N.

Last edited by c922 on Feb 25, 2007 06:34 AM

Oct 10, 2007

staying at this resort do you have free acess to to hilton's pools....how do they check? If you stay at the bay club do you have access to the hilton;s pools.....Is the beach a close walk from the waikola beach resort condos? If you exchange into this prperty do you still get access to the pools at the Hilton.... or do you have to actually be an owner....tHow hard is it it if you have Hilton points and try to book 9 months ahead to get into this resort...what is the sq ft of these 2 bedrooms?

Donna T.
Oct 11, 2007

donnat33 wrote:
staying at this resort do you have free acess to to hilton's pools....how do they check? If you stay at the bay club do you have access to the hilton;s pools.....Is the beach a close walk from the waikola beach resort condos? If you exchange into this prperty do you still get access to the pools at the Hilton.... or do you have to actually be an owner....tHow hard is it it if you have Hilton points and try to book 9 months ahead to get into this resort...what is the sq ft of these 2 bedrooms?

-All guests staying at HGVC Waikoloa have free use of the pools at the Hilton Hotel. You are given a guest card upon check-in at Waikoloa which you then use to get a daily wrist band at the hotel pool - very easy! -Bay Club does not have free access. -The beach is not a short walk from the condos. It can be reached by a free shuttle. The hotel has a salt water lagoon with beach which can be reached by the free shuttle or a 10 minute walk. -Booking 9 months out is easy. I just booked July 4th week at the nine month mark. -The two bedroom is not huge, but well arranged. I would say it is about 1100 sq ft, but that is only a guess. It is very comfortable for two adults and two teenage boys.

Hope this helps!

C. N.
Oct 11, 2007

c922 wrote:
donnat33 wrote:

-All guests staying at HGVC Waikoloa have free use of the pools at the Hilton Hotel. You are given a guest card upon check-in at Waikoloa which you then use to get a daily wrist band at the hotel pool - very easy! -Bay Club does not have free access. -The beach is not a short walk from the condos. It can be reached by a free shuttle. The hotel has a salt water lagoon with beach which can be reached by the free shuttle or a 10 minute walk. -Booking 9 months out is easy. I just booked July 4th week at the nine month mark. -The two bedroom is not huge, but well arranged. I would say it is about 1100 sq ft, but that is only a guess. It is very comfortable for two adults and two teenage boys.

Hope this helps!

thanks for the quick response...I assume you own at this resort...I was thinking of buying Hgvc at las vegas hilton and trading into Waikola beach resort....at the 9 mark window...however the agent checked for me with Hilton and said if I didn't own there and just owned at another hgvd like las vegas I couldn't use the Hilton's facilities..any feedback?thanks I'm a single mom with 3 kids so I want to make sure I make a good purchase...HGVC is always a good investment...but I know my kids would like the Hilton's pools..

Donna T.
Oct 12, 2007

donnat33 wrote:
c922 wrote:
donnat33 wrote:

Hope this helps!

thanks for the quick response...I assume you own at this resort...I was thinking of buying Hgvc at las vegas hilton and trading into Waikola beach resort....at the 9 mark window...however the agent checked for me with Hilton and said if I didn't own there and just owned at another hgvd like las vegas I couldn't use the Hilton's facilities..any feedback?thanks I'm a single mom with 3 kids so I want to make sure I make a good purchase...HGVC is always a good investment...but I know my kids would like the Hilton's pools..
We do own at HGVC Waikoloa. I appreciate your due diligence in researching your sale. Are you buying new through HGVC? Is your agent an HGVC agent? As far as I know, there is no difference between me staying at Waikoloa and an exchanger. I can't guarantee that my info is correct. I'll go to another discussion forum and ask the question for you, and then I'll get back to you in this forum. Let me know if you would like me to do this.

C. N.
Oct 12, 2007

c922 yes...thank you ..I am thinking resales...yes an authorizedHGVC

Donna T.
Oct 12, 2007

donnat33 wrote:

I have it on very good authority from three different HGVC owners of other TS in the system that their use of the Hilton hotel pools at Waikoloa was free while they stayed in HGVC Waikoloa. These are all from recent stays. If you are still concerned, call the front desk at 808-886-4484 to ask.

BTW, resale is the way to go.

Good luck!

C. N.
Oct 12, 2007

c922 wrote:
donnat33 wrote:

I have it on very good authority from three different HGVC owners of other TS in the system that their use of the Hilton hotel pools at Waikoloa was free while they stayed in HGVC Waikoloa. These are all from recent stays. If you are still concerned, call the front desk at 808-886-4484 to ask.

BTW, resale is the way to go.

Good luck!

You are so nice to respond back...I will call the resort...donna

Donna T.
Oct 15, 2007

hi c922...I forgot...can this unit sleep 5 or 6? there's a king in master 2 double or twin beds in the 2nd bedroom ? a sofa bed?...so important...thanks donna

Donna T.
Oct 15, 2007

donnat33 wrote:
hi c922...I forgot...can this unit sleep 5 or 6? there's a king in master 2 double or twin beds in the 2nd bedroom ? a sofa bed?...so important...thanks donna

Master-king bed guest br-two double beds living-queen sofa bed

max allowed occupancy - 6, any combination of adults/children

beautiful resort!

C. N.
Oct 15, 2007

double beds...my other timeshares have two twins...that is nice..I remember you wrote you didn't haven't a hard time getting something 4th of July...my 3 kids are out end of July and one week beginning of August which is still prime summer...do you think it's hard getting a week end of July or lst week of August at the 9 month mark...I appreciate your answering all my questions..I am studying ..cooking...while thinking of this Hilton Purchase...however..I probably will have to trade into Waikola...thanks donna

Donna T.
Oct 16, 2007

donnat33 wrote:
double beds...my other timeshares have two twins...that is nice..I remember you wrote you didn't haven't a hard time getting something 4th of July...my 3 kids are out end of July and one week beginning of August which is still prime summer...do you think it's hard getting a week end of July or lst week of August at the 9 month mark...I appreciate your answering all my questions..I am studying ..cooking...while thinking of this Hilton Purchase...however..I probably will have to trade into Waikola...thanks donna

You should have no trouble at all getting any week in the summer at the nine month mark. Shorter notice would be possible, but not assured. I have given up my 12 month owner reservation for two years in a row at Waikoloa, and been able to get exactly what I wanted at the 9 month mark at both Waikoloa and HHV. The only time of year that is a challenge for either HGVC Waikoloa or HGVC Hilton Hawaiian Village is Christmas and New Year weeks, because those are sold as fixed weeks.

You will not go wrong with an HGVC ownership. We've been in the system for two years and love it! Good luck!

C. N.
Oct 16, 2007

I will soon be an owner...maybe 2 months..have you ever stayed in the Bay Club property....I heard the units were a bit larger...I will probably stay with my kids everyother year at the newer resort if I get in ..and when I'm by myself...I may try the Bay club to save some points...thanks c922 for all your help!!!!

Donna T.
Oct 17, 2007

donnat33 wrote:
I will soon be an owner...maybe 2 months..have you ever stayed in the Bay Club property....I heard the units were a bit larger...I will probably stay with my kids everyother year at the newer resort if I get in ..and when I'm by myself...I may try the Bay club to save some points...thanks c922 for all your help!!!!

You're very welcome!

Have never stayed in the Bay Club, but have walked through it many times on the way to the hotel. I would never stay there unless it was all I could get and I really wanted to be on the Big Island. They don't look inviting from the outside. However, the reviews are favorable. I plan to keep trying to get inside to look - that might change my mind.

C. N.
Oct 18, 2007

c922 wrote:
donnat33 wrote:

You're very welcome!

Have never stayed in the Bay Club, but have walked through it many times on the way to the hotel. I would never stay there unless it was all I could get and I really wanted to be on the Big Island. They don't look inviting from the outside. However, the reviews are favorable. I plan to keep trying to get inside to look - that might change my mind.

I have twice/ HGVC Waikoloa resort - once Negatives- Older units- You may get a good one or a bad one- a crapshoot They are not owned- just managed by HILTON So the Bay Club does not have near the same quality as the waikola resort- Also if you plan on using the pools at Waik Village - forget it- itll cost you 75.00 Grounds are average

Positives Larger units Much cheaper than HGVC waik resort you could purchase Bay Club resale and internal exchange for waikoloa resort

Hope this helps

Benjamin B.
Nov 01, 2007

benjaminb13 wrote:
c922 wrote:
donnat33 wrote:

You're very welcome!

I have twice/ HGVC Waikoloa resort - once Negatives- Older units- You may get a good one or a bad one- a crapshoot They are not owned- just managed by HILTON So the Bay Club does not have near the same quality as the waikola resort- Also if you plan on using the pools at Waik Village - forget it- itll cost you 75.00 Grounds are average

Positives Larger units Much cheaper than HGVC waik resort you could purchase Bay Club resale and internal exchange for waikoloa resort

Hope this helps

Hi, just found this forum and thought you might like another "2 cents". I live on the Big Island and just purchased into the new HGVC Kingsland. Our property is just in the groundbreaking stage, so we've been taking advantage of the other HGVC properties available. HGVC Waikoloa is MUCH MUCH better than Bay Club. I've stayed at both and would rather pass on a Bay Club stay. Now, I live here, so I have the luxury of using open season and being very flexible in our getaway plans. You are NOT given free access to the Hilton pool if you stay at the Bay Club. You are able to purchase privileges (IF AVAILABLE) at a very expensive rate. YOU ARE GIVEN hotel pool privileges when you stay at the HGVC. Have a great stay, you won't go wrong with HGVC.

Dawn K.
Oct 05, 2009

I'm also an owner and agree with this posting. My wife and I spent our first week here the first year of opening. We were quite surprised that we didn't have the reqired points for a golf course view. The Garden view is realy a "street view". We made the most of it by using the tennis courts next door at the Bay Club. As a member you have use of the Hilton Waikoloa's Spa. It's a short walk or use the shuttle. For a beach we hung out at hiltons lagoon. If your tired of the mega resort experience, you'll enjoy HGVC at Waikoloa Beach Resort.

Larry K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.