Timeshare Companies

Allegro Vacation Club - BEWARE

Feb 19, 2007

My friend and I each rented a week at an all-inclusive resort in Antigua. We both paid for our own room/week and the all-inclusive fee. We were told we had to pay by check, which we did. We had seperate confirmation numbers, paid seperate, etc. We then had to call and confirm with Allegro Vacation Club. They confirmed months in advance and also again two days before we left. Upon arrival we were told that the resort had been sold many months ago and no longer delt with Allegro Vacation Club. We were put up in a totally different resort that was much less than what we paid for. We also were put in the same room for the first three nights, with one bed. I was on a cot for those nights and didn't sleep at all. The owner told me that he couldn't do anything about it and Allegro Vacation Club will not even return my calls. I'm told every time that the supervisor will call me back within an hour. My vacation was destroyed and I had to be in a room with another person when we purposely booked and paid for two rooms. As far as I'm concerned, someone stole from us. At the time we booked, I did not know about the vacation escrow service that is available. I sure wish I did because I may not be out all of this money like I am now.

Jacci B.

Last edited by jaccib on Feb 19, 2007 06:11 PM

Feb 20, 2007

I don't know anything about vacation clubs, but I would demand to speak to a supervisor or someone in higher management at Allegro Vacation Club, and I would NOT hang up the phone until my request was respected.

If they keep hanging up on you or putting you on hold then just keep calling until someone addresses the horrible experience you had to endure. Many times you (the customer) have to be as hardnosed as the company on the other end of the phone line.

I feel your pain and it's your RIGHT to get answers. Please keep us informed.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 20, 2007 08:14 AM

Feb 20, 2007

jayjay wrote:
I don't know anything about vacation clubs, but I would demand to speak to a supervisor or someone in higher management at Allegro Vacation Club, and I would NOT hang up the phone until my request was respected.

If they keep hanging up on you or putting you on hold then just keep calling until someone addresses the horrible experience you had to endure. Many times you (the customer) have to be as hardnosed as the company on the other end of the phone line.

Thank you for your response. You made me try one last time before giving up. I did talk to the manager of the supervisor that would never call me back. You're correct, I had to get a bit hardnosed. He claims he will do something about it and also acted upset that I did not receive a return call after almost 4 weeks. He said to give him 24 hours and he would call me back with what he can offer. We'll see what is offered, if anything. I'll keep you posted.

Jacci B.
Feb 21, 2007

jaccib, never give up until you are satisfied that they have handled this situation to your satisfaction. Giving up is what they wanted you to do when they kept telling you a supervisor would return your call and that never happened until you got hardnosed with them. If the supervisor fails to call you back as he/she stated then just keep on calling and pestering them.

There's an old saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease' and it's very true. This is not a situation in which to be passive. You must stand up for your rights as a member of this vacation club.

jaccib wrote:
jayjay wrote:

Thank you for your response. You made me try one last time before giving up. I did talk to the manager of the supervisor that would never call me back. You're correct, I had to get a bit hardnosed. He claims he will do something about it and also acted upset that I did not receive a return call after almost 4 weeks. He said to give him 24 hours and he would call me back with what he can offer. We'll see what is offered, if anything. I'll keep you posted.

R P.
Mar 14, 2007

jayjay wrote:
jaccib, never give up until you are satisfied that they have handled this situation to your satisfaction. Giving up is what they wanted you to do when they kept telling you a supervisor would return your call and that never happened until you got hardnosed with them. If the supervisor fails to call you back as he/she stated then just keep on calling and pestering them.

There's an old saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease' and it's very true. This is not a situation in which to be passive. You must stand up for your rights as a member of this vacation club.

jaccib wrote:
jayjay wrote:

They finally made it right with me and refunded some money. Thanks for your support.

Jacci B.
Jun 19, 2009

i have been a member of allegro vacation club as a platinum plus member for 5 years and on only 1 occassion was placed in sub standard accomadation at this point after 1 night the representitive moved me immidiately into a larger accomadation stating this was no way to treat some one on vacation and i can say the service ihave received on all my vacations has been second to none i am sorry you have had a bad experience but every member of the club is more than satisfied with the service they have received unlike the poor sods who own rci

Gerald D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.