preview the new redweek.com!

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

Forum: Kaanapali Beach Club

page 1 of 8

«prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   next page»

Message Author

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

We wanted to draw your attention to a website dedicated to the owners at the Ka'anapali Beach Vacation Resort. The website was created to provide a means to communicate with all owners of our resort. Our goal is to become a vital communication link between Sunterra Corporation (the Developer) and the resort owners – the folks that pay all of the bills.

For the past several years we have been on a campaign to develop more owner input to the board of our resort. We had concerns regarding the business side of our resort and an apparent lack of owner input in the decision making process. A very real problem can exist when owners do not take an active role in the management of the property, but abdicate that power back to the developer and their employees. There is an obvious conflict of interest, in decisions like manager compensation, acceptable sales and reservation practices, usage of resort facilities, and more.

What we have been lacking is a reasonable amount of communication between the Developer, the board and the owners. We must get involved. We must develop more owner input. Our goal should be to work closely with the developer in doing all that we can to maintain the appeal of our resort and to protect our investments.

We were able to get another owner elected to the board of directors last year. Our annual meeting is coming up on March 9th and we hope to continue our progress in getting more owner representation.

Please go to www.kaanapalibeachresortowners.com/dnn and log in. It will take a few minutes to return an email with an authentication code you can use the first time you log on.

Please check in frequently to keep abreast of what is going on at our resort. When very important information is added, we will send an email to all registered owners alerting them to the update.

Again, welcome.

Bill Burns Owner Board Member

Avatar for billb168 billb168

7 years ago
Feb 20, 2007

Bill, Please keep me posted on communication regaring KBC resort. It would appear that our investmet is not fairing very well. One would think Hawaii would be a big demand. Keith Timmer kjt59@comcast.net

billb168 wrote:
We wanted to draw your attention to a website dedicated to the owners at the Ka'anapali Beach Vacation Resort. The website was created to provide a means to communicate with all owners of our resort. Our goal is to become a vital communication link between Sunterra Corporation (the Developer) and the resort owners – the folks that pay all of the bills.

For the past several years we have been on a campaign to develop more owner input to the board of our resort. We had concerns regarding the business side of our resort and an apparent lack of owner input in the decision making process. A very real problem can exist when owners do not take an active role in the management of the property, but abdicate that power back to the developer and their employees. There is an obvious conflict of interest, in decisions like manager compensation, acceptable sales and reservation practices, usage of resort facilities, and more.

What we have been lacking is a reasonable amount of communication between the Developer, the board and the owners. We must get involved. We must develop more owner input. Our goal should be to work closely with the developer in doing all that we can to maintain the appeal of our resort and to protect our investments.

We were able to get another owner elected to the board of directors last year. Our annual meeting is coming up on March 9th and we hope to continue our progress in getting more owner representation.

Please go to www.kaanapalibeachresortowners.com/dnn and log in. It will take a few minutes to return an email with an authentication code you can use the first time you log on.

Please check in frequently to keep abreast of what is going on at our resort. When very important information is added, we will send an email to all registered owners alerting them to the update.

Again, welcome.

Bill Burns Owner Board Member

Avatar for keithj34 keithj34

7 years ago
Feb 27, 2007

Why is Sunterra urging owners to upgrade and sign deed to them?

Avatar for melva11 melva11

7 years ago
Mar 01, 2007

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

billb168 Bill, I am an owner of two weeks and am having big issues with Diamond Resorts. Is there some kind of owner mediator that can get involved in this quite petty issue. Thanks Carmen

Avatar for carmenc56 carmenc56

6 years ago
Apr 14, 2008

keithj34 wrote:
Bill, Please keep me posted on communication regaring KBC resort. It would appear that our investmet is not fairing very well. One would think Hawaii would be a big demand. Keith Timmer kjt59@comcast.net
billb168 wrote:
We wanted to draw your attention to a website dedicated to the owners at the Ka'anapali Beach Vacation Resort. The website was created to provide a means to communicate with all owners of our resort. Our goal is to become a vital communication link between Sunterra Corporation (the Developer) and the resort owners – the folks that pay all of the bills.

For the past several years we have been on a campaign to develop more owner input to the board of our resort. We had concerns regarding the business side of our resort and an apparent lack of owner input in the decision making process. A very real problem can exist when owners do not take an active role in the management of the property, but abdicate that power back to the developer and their employees. There is an obvious conflict of interest, in decisions like manager compensation, acceptable sales and reservation practices, usage of resort facilities, and more.

What we have been lacking is a reasonable amount of communication between the Developer, the board and the owners. We must get involved. We must develop more owner input. Our goal should be to work closely with the developer in doing all that we can to maintain the appeal of our resort and to protect our investments.

We were able to get another owner elected to the board of directors last year. Our annual meeting is coming up on March 9th and we hope to continue our progress in getting more owner representation.

Please go to www.kaanapalibeachresortowners.com/dnn and log in. It will take a few minutes to return an email with an authentication code you can use the first time you log on.

Please check in frequently to keep abreast of what is going on at our resort. When very important information is added, we will send an email to all registered owners alerting them to the update.

Again, welcome.

Bill Burns Owner Board Member

Avatar for dennisp89 dennisp89

6 years ago
Jul 11, 2008

I totally agree. Please keep me abreast of anything having to do with the resort. As a new owner, I am very interested with anything pertaining to changes.

Sincerely,

Dennis Pollard Minneapolis, MN

Avatar for dennisp89 dennisp89

6 years ago
Jul 11, 2008

A vote for a change

Bill--We voted for this year's board members before we found this site or you would have received our votes. Gary Christensen and Franc Krebs received our votes and hopefully, they will represent our interests. We're getting tired of Diamond Resorts cutting out the amenities we originally had. No more 5:00 social hour--I now go next door to Kannapali Shores. I assume Diamond Resorts is paying an equitable rent to use the prime space where the happy hour used to be. No more good food in the dining room--essentially, no more dining room. Again, I go next door. There used to be a weekly get-together for owners only--no more. The carpets and furniture in the ocean view unit we stayed in are showing signs of wear. I don't know where my ever-increasing annual maintenance fee is spent but it isn't going toward rooms or amenities. It seems that Diamond Resorts is cutting costs wherever they can to improve their bottom line. I would rather listen to a used car dealer sell me a junker car than their pitch to convert my one week per year to points. The unit we paid $18900 for in 2003 will now net us about $7-8000. We hope this trend can be reversed and Kaanapali Beach Club can be returned to the great vacation destination it once was. Please keep us informed of future developments. Sincerely, Terry and Karen Thompson

Avatar for terrye59 terrye59

5 years ago
Feb 10, 2009

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

My wife and I own two units, totaling potentially 12,000 points if we convert to the points program with Diamond. They offered us the opportunity to buy the additional 3,000 points for $10,170 to get enough for the Elite Benefits with Diamond Points. We are trying to determine if this would be worth it. The sales person, from what I remember, stated:

1. That we would be able to book their 1,400 plus resorts world wide using the points directly online using the points.

2. That with the Elite membership, we could reserve an Ocean View, and pay $99 more to upgrade to a Ocean Front, at any of these resorts.

3. That we could reserve as many days as we wanted, versus only weeks.

4. That with the Elite Membership, we would be able to reserve 13 months out, versus 12 months out, insuring the top units at all resorts at the peak times, if we reserved 13 months out.

5. That with the Elite Membership, we would be able to go Online directly with Interval International and "book" at any of their resorts, versus exchanging, as you need to do without the Elite Membership.

Can anyone confirm these potential benefits? Also,

1. How easy is it to sell your points if you ever wanted to sell these. Do you still own the units? Can you sell all 15,000 points, and do they get a premium? Could I buy the additional points on Redweek and convert my units this way?

2. What if Diamond Resorts is sold or goes bankrupt? What are the benefits and detriments of having units versus points? How solvent is Diamond Resorts?

3. Are there any other issues that we should consider of converting to points, and getting to the Elite level?

Thanks for your help,

Mahalo

Avatar for james2910 james2910

5 years ago
Mar 19, 2009

Has anyone been able to get a hold of Bill Burns? The Ka'anapali Beach Club owners website now forwards to Diamond's main page and I have not received any updates since March. I would like to make sure that all owners are on the same page with regard to the October votes! Mahalo!

Avatar for amyr36 amyr36

5 years ago
Sep 14, 2009

Bill Burns resigned from the Board due to health reasons. Now more than ever, it is imparative that we use our proxy ballots to elect two new representatives to our boards. I believe Bill Burns was genuine and was trying against some very big odds, to achieve some real say-so on the board of directors on behalf of the owners. It is imperative that we work together if we are to every have a voice in the management of our resort. The first step right now is to turn in our proxy ballots by the deadline which is 11:59:59 p.m. EST on Feb. 22, 2010. Ideally we should collectively decide who we want to represent us on the VOA board and the AOAO board. Two positions on each board are up for election. I have a substantial finacial interest in Kaanapali Beach Club as an owner of numerous weeks. I want to protect that interest. The only way we can achieve a voice is to agree on who we want to serve on the board. If we all vote for different candidates, we will accomplish nothing. Losing Bill Burns meant we took a big step backwards. As you have noticed, we have heard nothing from anyone since he resigned due to health reasons. As I read through all of the candidates, two stuck out to me as two who would work hard to see that we have a say on the board. I suggest that we vote for Kristen Kirkpatrick and Lawrence Woodford. I honestly do not know them from Adam, but they sound like two people that would represent my interests. If you have other opinions, feel free to share them. Let's work together and try to equalize the situation. Above all, DO NOT SEND IN YOUR BLANK PROXY!!!! Please fill it out and vote for who you think will do a good job represening us. If you send it in blank, you will no doubt be electing another Diamond Resorts employee.

Avatar for gary769 gary769

4 years ago
Jan 31, 2010

Do I fill in a name in the "undersigned" blocks or leave it blank to let the Board of Directors vote my choices -we should all vote for the same people to get more owners on the board - I will also vote for Kristen & Lawrence, any other ideas from anybody ?? dlos

gary769 wrote:
Bill Burns resigned from the Board due to health reasons. Now more than ever, it is imparative that we use our proxy ballots to elect two new representatives to our boards. I believe Bill Burns was genuine and was trying against some very big odds, to achieve some real say-so on the board of directors on behalf of the owners. It is imperative that we work together if we are to every have a voice in the management of our resort. The first step right now is to turn in our proxy ballots by the deadline which is 11:59:59 p.m. EST on Feb. 22, 2010. Ideally we should collectively decide who we want to represent us on the VOA board and the AOAO board. Two positions on each board are up for election. I have a substantial finacial interest in Kaanapali Beach Club as an owner of numerous weeks. I want to protect that interest. The only way we can achieve a voice is to agree on who we want to serve on the board. If we all vote for different candidates, we will accomplish nothing. Losing Bill Burns meant we took a big step backwards. As you have noticed, we have heard nothing from anyone since he resigned due to health reasons. As I read through all of the candidates, two stuck out to me as two who would work hard to see that we have a say on the board. I suggest that we vote for Kristen Kirkpatrick and Lawrence Woodford. I honestly do not know them from Adam, but they sound like two people that would represent my interests. If you have other opinions, feel free to share them. Let's work together and try to equalize the situation. Above all, DO NOT SEND IN YOUR BLANK PROXY!!!! Please fill it out and vote for who you think will do a good job represening us. If you send it in blank, you will no doubt be electing another Diamond Resorts employee.

Avatar for davidl773 davidl773

4 years ago
Feb 02, 2010

I would most definately fill in the names of the 2 candidates that I mentioned. If you send it in blank, you are no doubt letting Diamond Resorts fill it in and that just means you voted for more DRI employees on the board.

Avatar for gary769 gary769

4 years ago
Feb 02, 2010

You misread my question, I am refering to the blocks on the very top of the ballot " I, the undersigned, do hereby constitute and appoint the Board of Directors of the association so listed above or" --------------------------- "to act as my attorney and agent -------" Do we know any ower that will be at the meeting so we can fill in his/her name or leave these blocks blank and let the board vote for the nominees we select -- Kristen K. & Lawrence W. david1773

Avatar for davidl773 davidl773

4 years ago
Feb 02, 2010

Richard Gray also looks like a good choice. Most importantly, vote for candidates who are NOT Diamond Club employees, but owners like ourselves. I just voted on-line, directions are on the front of the ballot.

Avatar for pams77 pams77

4 years ago
Feb 03, 2010

I'm sorry, I thought about that after I replied. I don't have my ballot anymore because I sent it in. I thought that box was in regards to a proxy vote in case you didn't want to choose your self, but mayber not.

Avatar for gary769 gary769

4 years ago
Feb 03, 2010

I too have read through the list of candidates and I also had selected Kristen Kirkpatrick and Richard Gray. Seems a mention of Bill Burns and anti-board sentiment gets most of us excited.

Avatar for michaelh646 michaelh646

4 years ago
Feb 07, 2010

I am going with Kristen Kirkpatrick and Lawrence Woodford for the following reasons.

Kristen sounds like she will keep us informed.

Lawrence's access may be beneficial as we organize.

Who on the board represents the owners now? What is the ratio to non-DRI owners and DRI on the board?

Is this the site we want to keep in touch with or another? How do get the word out?

Avatar for jamesw563 jamesw563

4 years ago
Feb 07, 2010

I suggest any of you that are concerned, Post the comments to as many forums as you can. Unfortunately, it appears the owner's site that Bill Burns got up and running is no more. I have not been able to get any response from him. Bill's seat on the board looks like it was replaced with another Diamond Resorts employee giving the count 3 out of 4 are DRI employees. The owners of KBC need to get their own website up and running like the owners at Poipu so we can start establising a data base and communicate with one another. This is beyond my scope.

Avatar for gary769 gary769

4 years ago
Feb 08, 2010

Do we know the name and/or email of the present owner that is on the board ? Yes we do need a site where owners can communicate with each other, I thought that Bill Burns said that he or someone he knew had a list of owners ? If owners reading this posting would send me their e-mail addresses I will try to keep us all informed of what we can find out. I don't know Bill Burn's email or what state he is in so that someone can talk to him and find out information that he knew or who he passed it on to. Does anyone have any information on the present owner that is on the Board ? Lets see if we can start an owner's list. --losd@cox.net

Avatar for davidl773 davidl773

4 years ago
Feb 08, 2010

davidl773 wrote:
Do we know the name and/or email of the present owner that is on the board ? Yes we do need a site where owners can communicate with each other, I thought that Bill Burns said that he or someone he knew had a list of owners ? If owners reading this posting would send me their e-mail addresses I will try to keep us all informed of what we can find out. I don't know Bill Burn's email or what state he is in so that someone can talk to him and find out information that he knew or who he passed it on to. Does anyone have any information on the present owner that is on the Board ? Lets see if we can start an owner's list. --losd@cox.net
Please add our e-mail list and name to contact list you are formulating for Kaanapali Beach Vacation Resort owner information/news/ issues/ etc. My wife and I would like to remain in the loop. We felt informed when Bill Burns was sending out occasional e-mails and posting to the owners website. The website now seems to have been directed back to a Diamond Resorts website, so the owner touch is obviously lost. We appreciated Bill's communication to all of the owners and would like to stay informed. We have two deeded weeks (used now as points) and expect to enjoy these for many years intot he future, so it is important to stay informed and involved. If you or someone else is developing a new listor cleaning up an old list to keep owners informed, we want to be added to the list. Thanks.

Mike and Pat Crilly mjcrilly@pacbell.net

Avatar for michaelc270 michaelc270

4 years ago
Feb 08, 2010

page 1 of 8

«prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests
Log in or sign up for free

I Want To…

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »