Kaanapali Beach Club

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

Mar 04, 2016

3-4-2016

Thank you CWU!

I found this article interesting. You will need to copy & paste it.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/business/diamond-resorts-accused-of-using-hard-sell-to-push-time-shares.html?post_id=10208642550371479_10208642550331478#_=_

Kathleen F.

Last edited by kathleenf57 on Mar 04, 2016 07:45 PM

Mar 05, 2016

3-5-2015. CWU

Is this wording correct?

If I sell, the new owners will not be able to have the platinum membership and it would worthless, because they would not have the platinum benefits. What can be done is making the membership under a living trust. Name it such as 'KL DRI living trust' the document can be found at http://m.legalzoom.com/living-trust-product After it is established, it may need to be witnessed and notorized. Then I will send a copy of the simple living trust which I am the trustee and request to change the contract to the name of the trust. (It cost about $100 per contract). You then can sell it and naming the buyer as the new trustee. The new trustee would be able to have full control of the living trust and keep the platinum membership.

Kathleen F.

Last edited by kathleenf57 on Mar 05, 2016 11:37 AM

Mar 05, 2016

Did you rescind the purchase? I had similar experience a few days ago. An owner update from 8:30 to 4 pm without lunch break. We signed to purchase 15,000 more points and get a club combination of 30k for a loan of $75k. I decided to cancel it the night of purchase. We just send the cancellation letter FedEx today. I was tired and felt I would just signed and cancel in order to stop keep going on. The high pressure sales is a shame. It waste my time and the salesman's time.

Corinna W.
Mar 06, 2016

We also rescinded a purchase last year after hearing the same sale tactics being used to get others to purchase. The salesperson made it out our situation was unique. Very simple process to rescind and it only took approximately a week to get refund. We decided we can rent an additional week if needed and not have the commitment.

Glenda P.
Mar 16, 2016

Please send me an email detailing what steps you took to rescind. My email is kathleenfras@aol.com

Kathleen F.
Mar 16, 2016

CWU,

May I ask how you came across this information?

I currently have all my timeshares in my personal trust fund.

Would I transfer them out of my personal trust and into the other KL DRI trust?

Would you recommend me doing this immediately or after I have a buyer.

How would you propose I go forth? Please email me at kathleenfras@aol.com

Kathleen F.
Mar 16, 2016

3/16/2016

If you are elite member, you need a living trust just for the DRI timeshares so you can easily transfer without touching your other personal trust. The living trust can be reassign a trustee easily. You could assign your children to be the trustee, and they can transfer by a sign different trustee. Actually this is told to me by DRI how to sell my platinum member and the buyer can still enjoy platinum member benefits during my last update. But make the trust name simple. Say KF DRI living trust. So the buyer can use the same trust name. You can go to legal zone.com to get a simple trust. You can just stated to see attachment of various DRI contracts. I was told that you need to change the title of your contracts to the name of the living trust. This trust could included in to your family trust as an item. You can pull this one out to sell it separately without affect to your family trust.

Corinna W.

Last edited by cwu on Mar 16, 2016 09:31 PM

Mar 17, 2016

I am so sorry that you finally came to realize how deceptive Diamond Resorts is... IN MY OPINION DRI is an ongoing criminal enterprise, defrauding their members, lying and manipulating... Their was a Class Action filed a number of years ago, But got settled out of court, and nothing changed... Civil Court is far to expensive for you to even consider, and I dare say a class action would be very hard to organized, so you are stuck.... We walked away from our membership that we paid 55,000 $ cash for, I was so sick of their lies and escalating costs, and the hidden damage assessments at the Point of Poipu, I was glad to just end the frustration of dealing with a criminal organization... Good Luck you will need it...

Michael D.
Feb 09, 2017

Hi, found this topic but it seems to have slowed down?

I am a deeded owner from back in 2001 when it was Embassy.

I don't have Facebook but would like to know more about the resort and its direction.

Any candidates that should be looking at more closely for our interests?

James B.
Feb 09, 2017

Ron Wade represents owners, so I am voting to keep him on the board. Steve Carrozzo and Kristen Kirkpatrick are owners unaffiliated with Diamond Resorts and have run for several years now in an effort to increase the owner's representation on the board. Diamond has too much control in my opinion and support their own agenda. Owner's have minimal to no input or communication currently. Would love to see this change along with reduced maintenance fees and better spending of budget money.

Ann B.
Feb 09, 2017

Thanks! I agree. That is exactly what I am looking for. Someone to represent our interests. I have really never thought about how secretive everything has been till I came across this forum.

Thanks!

annb255 wrote:
Ron Wade represents owners, so I am voting to keep him on the board. Steve Carrozzo and Kristen Kirkpatrick are owners unaffiliated with Diamond Resorts and have run for several years now in an effort to increase the owner's representation on the board. Diamond has too much control in my opinion and support their own agenda. Owner's have minimal to no input or communication currently. Would love to see this change along with reduced maintenance fees and better spending of budget money.

James B.
Feb 13, 2017

I relinquished my investment with DRI. I owned at Kaanapali Beach Club. I sent in relinquishment papers and a check for $250 per contract. I had 3 contracts.

I used what I paid for in 2016 and have not paid a penny towards 2017 dues. I am happy to walk away from a $10,000 a year payment which increases significantly yearly.

Should a class action against DRI for a conflict of interest (having both stockholders & owners) arise or any other for unethical practices, count me in!!!

Kathleen F.
Mar 02, 2017

Nice to see the community, thank you.

1 week semi-ocean, two contracts even/odd yr, "Traditional owner/Embassy", rescinded from the Arizona site with DRI points..., current maintenace fee is 4 times the original amount in 1998.

We don't go to the owner update anymore. They just irritate me for the reasons stated above and waste our time during vacation . We were black balled for awhile because we never bought anything (more). Finally!!

I suppose it's too late to vote online.. the voting site says it's down due to clerical error. www.kbcvote.com I'll try again tomorrow.

James M.
Mar 02, 2017

I just saw a post on the facebook site that someone got a special assessment for 2017. Guess I better check the mail.

James M.
Mar 03, 2017

Is there a facebook page for KBC timeshare owners that is unaffiliated with Diamond?

Ann B.
Mar 03, 2017

Is this one DRI? I can't tell.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/KaanapaliBeachClub/posts/?ref=page_internal

James M.

Last edited by jamesm2003 on Mar 03, 2017 07:10 PM

Mar 06, 2017

I need some information. DRI is trying to get my wife and me to sign over the title to our Ka'anapali Beach unit and convert them to the US collection. What are the pro's and cons of this transaction? What is the fair market value of a unit? We have a week in a single unit on odd years.

Steve B.
Mar 06, 2017

Do NOT sign over your deed. Deeded owners are the burr under the DRI saddle. The question to ask yourself is "how often have they offered me something that is best for me?" Never. When they make any offer it is what is best for them. Because even if they offer a ton of points, your maintenance fee in the future is based on points

Kristen K.
Mar 06, 2017

Agree 100%

Jerry U.
Mar 07, 2017

Doesn't seem to be affiliated with Diamond, but I am not 100% sure. Thank you for sharing.

Ann B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.