Kaanapali Beach Club

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

Mar 30, 2012

michaeld414 wrote:
dann1904 wrote:
My concern is not just the increasing maintenance fees, but future assessments, such as what has happened at the Point at Poipu.

It will happen, DRI will continue selling points in these resorts and never disclose potential problems, so you are buying into these resorts blind.. All of these facilities will eventually need nmajor upgrades...

I own quite a few weeks at Kaanapali Beach Club and just left there. In fact, I just bought another week, but not from DRI. I like most everything about the resort and the entire staff is doing a fabulous job. They are very attentive and ongoing improvements at the resort are almost too numerous to mention. Even though DRI can pretty much put anyone on the board, they see that owners have representation. If you think that Ron Wade and Larry Woodard were elected by the owners only, think again. Noone can ever predict with certainty that there will not be any future special assessments, but personally I have enough faith in the current General Manager, whom I have got to know personally, that if there was a looming such assessment, he would not try and hide it. So far, reserves are healthy and enough to complete the improvements without the need for a special assessment. I am not here to say that the sales dept. won't tell you anything to get you to buy, I am just saying that I believe the staff, from the GM on down is solid and so is the property. As for the fiasco as Poipu, I honestly don't understand why it happened and I am just glad that it had very little impact on me. I feel very sorry for the many owners that were slammed by the cost!!

Gary B.
Apr 10, 2012

Point at Poipu Owners!! Here is the announcement for which we have all been waiting! The lawsuit has been filed! It was filed Friday in Federal District Court in Hawaii. COPP will be mailing out a note with the lawsuit attached. It will also be going up on our website. I think that we will have DRI's attention now! What did Mr. C say? Yes, that's right, there are "10" unhappy customers. We'll see...

David L.
Aug 26, 2012

I just received my Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection Members Association Notice of Annual Meeting. It will be held Wednesday, September 19 at 2 p.m. (Pacific time) at the Monte Carlo Resort & Hotel, Las Vegas. The following are the candidates for the Board of Directors of the Association:

Glennon Acksel Robert W. (Bob) Baird Eugene (Gene) Berkes Jim Brown John M. Burnham J. Hal Caton Ronald (Woodie) Cheek Bruce Dahl David M. Elias Brenda Joyce Flowers Charles Hogle Thomas M. Kuehn Trudy Mitchell James Newman Larry E. Smith Hiroaki Suda Jason Toste (incumbent & DRI Employee) Gary W. Wagner Frank Warfield

The only one above that includes in the summary that he is an employee of DRI is Jason Toste. Do we know of any others who are DRI employees or are related to employees? Trying to make a smart choice when completing my ballot. Will there be someone from our facebook page that will be in Las Vegas for the meeting who would be a good person to designate as a proxy?

Please, do not ask me any questions about the lawsuit. I just wanted to get on here to try and get the most informed idea on whom to chose for the Hawaii Collection Board of Directors of the Association.

Adrienne S.
Feb 05, 2013

Kaanapali Beach VOA/AOAO 2013 Election... who to vote for??

Michele L.
Feb 05, 2013

Ron Wade and Larry Woodford and Incumbents and are both owners. Dale Young and Kathy Wheeler are both DRI employees. I suggest voting for Ron Wade for VOA along with your choice other than Kathy Wheeler. For AOAO I suggest Larry Woodford. Frankly, the truth is that whoever DRI supports for these boards will be elected as they have the majority of the votes. DRI has supported both Larry and Ron in the past (along with Kathy Wheeler)

mll wrote:
Kaanapali Beach VOA/AOAO 2013 Election... who to vote for??

Gary B.
Feb 05, 2013

Thanks

Michele L.
Feb 06, 2013

Vote for whoever you want - DRI will choose who gets elected. How do I know this? I have run every year since DRI took over, and was once the favored candidate on this forum. I agree with the owner who said that we can have every faith in the KBC management. They are FANTASTIC. But the problems you read about on this Forum are with DRI, and DRI still has the highest number of votes and vote for who they want. If that were not the case, you'd see input from the Board - especially those who aren't DRI employees - on this site.

I am happy to be a deeded owner at KBC. When it comes to DRI, the Hawaii Collection, and all that comes out of sales, forget it.

Kristen K.
Feb 08, 2013

Do You know a good site where Kaanapoli deeded owners can share email contacts. Thanks

Roland S.
Feb 08, 2013

Do You know a good site where Kaanapoli deeded owners can share email contacts. Thanks

Roland S.
Feb 08, 2013

roland103 wrote:

I don't think there is one, unless possible by contacted Ron Wade or Larry via the KBC website set up by Diamond.

Gary B.
Feb 26, 2013

I am ready to email my ballot for Ron & Larry but do we have a member that we can assign as a Proxy to vote for us ? thank you, D. L.

kristenk15 wrote:
Vote for whoever you want - DRI will choose who gets elected. How do I know this? I have run every year since DRI took over, and was once the favored candidate on this forum. I agree with the owner who said that we can have every faith in the KBC management. They are FANTASTIC. But the problems you read about on this Forum are with DRI, and DRI still has the highest number of votes and vote for who they want. If that were not the case, you'd see input from the Board - especially those who aren't DRI employees - on this site.

I am happy to be a deeded owner at KBC. When it comes to DRI, the Hawaii Collection, and all that comes out of sales, forget it.

David L.
Feb 26, 2013

Use Ron or Larry, they should both be there. Remember, the proxy is only necessary if you do not submit a vote yourself. Since you are sending it in, the proxy is redundant.

Brien B.
Aug 31, 2014

We are KBC "traditional owners" and just found out that that the crooks at DRI are now allowing their platinum and gold members to reserve specific rooms where we can merely request what we would like. Just another example of how they are trying to squeeze us out. We really need to have a traditional owners website and association so that we can preserve our rights and what we originally bought. Thanks for reading. We at at KBC right now having a great time in a good unit. I am wondering how much longer we will be able to get a good unit when every year they erode our rights a little more. We spent plenty to buy 2 weeks in deluxe ocean view and just want to come here every year. We have seen our maintenance fees increase lots and even paid the assessment way back when. What is a honest person to do? We went to the owners update. Out salesman told us that he really wanted to be down at the ocean front location selling to the DRI Owners, the traditional owners are entertained up in the old Happy Hour venue, apparently we are a hard sell. We are still having a great time at KBC but we keep getting the feeling that our days are numbered. Anyone else feel that way? And what can we do about it?

Julie O.
Sep 01, 2014

I would not worry very much. I am a gold owner and they make very clear to us that it is NOT guaranteed to have a specific room. Like all points levels it's not guaranteed. You have a CONTRACT for your room to be a deluxe ocean view and you should have just that.

julie1368 wrote:
We are KBC "traditional owners" and just found out that that the crooks at DRI are now allowing their platinum and gold members to reserve specific rooms where we can merely request what we would like. Just another example of how they are trying to squeeze us out. We really need to have a traditional owners website and association so that we can preserve our rights and what we originally bought. Thanks for reading. We at at KBC right now having a great time in a good unit. I am wondering how much longer we will be able to get a good unit when every year they erode our rights a little more. We spent plenty to buy 2 weeks in deluxe ocean view and just want to come here every year. We have seen our maintenance fees increase lots and even paid the assessment way back when. What is a honest person to do? We went to the owners update. Out salesman told us that he really wanted to be down at the ocean front location selling to the DRI Owners, the traditional owners are entertained up in the old Happy Hour venue, apparently we are a hard sell. We are still having a great time at KBC but we keep getting the feeling that our days are numbered. Anyone else feel that way? And what can we do about it?

Charles S.
Sep 01, 2014

Julie1368 we are in the same boat! We don't want points, we are fine with a week in a two bedroom, our problem is now we can only get a two bedroom unit with a mountain view because points people can book before us, our purchase has lost it's value it used to be you could only stay in a two bedroom if you owned a two bedroom, now all you have to do is have enough points and you can stay in a two bedroom. They are SO rude to us when we go for an owner update, all they want to do is convert us to points and tell us how stupid we are for not converting....literally he told my husband what a stupid mistake he was making for not converting...we didn't get one update on what's going on with the property. My mom is a points owner and came home with all sorts of news on upgrades and changes to the property. If there is a FB page or web page (or lawsuit)for traditional weeks owners I'd love to join it

Michele L.
Sep 02, 2014

I'm reading with interest the comments regarding the 'owner updates' being an opportunity to harass and belittle owners if they don't convert to points. That has been our experience as well. We stopped attending the updates. Not sure what we can do regarding our concerns. I will say that the resort has never disappointed us and we still love it there.

Wendy T.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 02, 2014 08:38 AM

Sep 02, 2014

I, too, wish there was a way to connect with all traditional owners outside of DRI to allow our collective voice to be heard, especially when voting for board members. We need equal representation! The maintenance fees have become outrageous!

Ann B.
Sep 02, 2014

The reserving go specific rooms at KBC for Gold and Platinum points members is new this year. Also apparently DRI has already oversold KBC because they are now contracting rooms at Kaanapali Shores to bring in potentials buyers for short vacations. People with DRI Hawaii Collection (Polo Towers, Sedona, Kawaii and KBC) points have a deed in the Trust that is for those 4 resorts. However everyone wants to go to KBC this is why there is a problem! DRI wants our traditional deeded weeks badly. If you have a 2 bedroom call the resort directly and talk to Libby in owners services. Make sure you reserve 12 months out and request the unit you want. Owners Services works for us traditional owners and they do what is in their power to do.

Julie O.
Sep 14, 2014

We are owners of an odd week and have no desire to convert to points. We actually want to sell it. Anyone have ideas on that?

Nancy S.
Oct 08, 2014

has the owner's site gone away? Messages are very old...I would love to participate in owner's site!

Mary W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.