Timeshare Companies

Omega Marketing Solutions any one had dealings with them?

Feb 26, 2007

They want an up front fee and say they can sell my timeshare within a month with spring break coming and the time share being in Puerto Vallarta at the Melia.

Jd B.
Feb 28, 2007

See how fast they hang up on you when you tell them that you'll pay their fee after they sell your timeshare, not before.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 28, 2007 07:18 AM

Mar 07, 2007

I paid Omega Marketing 502.00 to sell my time share in Mass,back in October 2006. Before I paid them a Representative called me on an average of 3x,s a week.I have had no correspondence FROM them since that time at all.I have called them several times,left messages and spoken with the Receptionist. I have repeatedly been assurred that -someone -would get back to me however they have not.I find it strange that not one person has shown an interest in my timeshare, if they have shown any interest it was not conveyed to me. right now it looks as though I have thrown 502.00 out the window.

Alice B.
Mar 08, 2007

Your story is typical for upfront fee resale companies. I hope everyone heeds your story.

aliceb47 wrote:
I paid Omega Marketing 502.00 to sell my time share in Mass,back in October 2006. Before I paid them a Representative called me on an average of 3x,s a week.I have had no correspondence FROM them since that time at all.I have called them several times,left messages and spoken with the Receptionist. I have repeatedly been assurred that -someone -would get back to me however they have not.I find it strange that not one person has shown an interest in my timeshare, if they have shown any interest it was not conveyed to me. right now it looks as though I have thrown 502.00 out the window.

R P.
Mar 21, 2007

Omega Marketing Solutions called and left messages for me religiously before I gave them a one-time payment of more than $900 in Feb 2007 to sell my time share. After payment was received, now I seem to be the one calling them every day to check the status of my time share being sold. Unfortunately, no one ever has answers and I leave daily messages that are NEVER returned.

My advice to you is advice I wish I had gotten ...."Don't give them a dime or your business!"

Sharon C.

Last edited by sharonc190 on Mar 21, 2007 03:06 PM

Mar 23, 2007

My story is the same. Suggest you avoid dealing with them. I paid Omega Marketing $502.00 to sell my time share in England back in October 2006. Before I paid them a Representative called me on an average of 2x,s a week.I have had no correspondence FROM them since that time at all.I have called them several times,left messages and spoken with the Receptionist. I have repeatedly been assurred that -someone -would get back to me however they have not.I find it strange that not one person has shown an interest in my timeshare, if they have shown any interest it was not conveyed to me. right now it looks as though I have wasted 502.00 .

John C.
Mar 23, 2007

johnc649 wrote:
My story is the same. Suggest you avoid dealing with them. I paid Omega Marketing $502.00 to sell my time share in England back in October 2006. Before I paid them a Representative called me on an average of 2x,s a week.I have had no correspondence FROM them since that time at all.I have called them several times,left messages and spoken with the Receptionist. I have repeatedly been assurred that -someone -would get back to me however they have not.I find it strange that not one person has shown an interest in my timeshare, if they have shown any interest it was not conveyed to me. right now it looks as though I have wasted 502.00 .

John, this is one of those glass haft empty or half full deals!

Yes you most likly are out $502. 00 but other side of this is most companies take you for much more money!

This lesson could have cost you alot more money!

Phil L.
Apr 03, 2007

jdb6 wrote:
They want an up front fee and say they can sell my timeshare within a month with spring break coming and the time share being in Puerto Vallarta at the Melia.

In response to a comment posted here on redweek, I would like to state that after paying several companies to list my timeshare in Cancun for a rental or a sale, Omega Marketing was the only company who actually helped me out. I have been trying to sell this timeshare for over 2 years and was desperate. One of the agents at Omega told me it would cost $757 to do a rental or sale. Within 2 months I had rented out 2 different weeks for over $975 each. I am sticking with them for a "lifetime rental" and I have been very pleased with their customer service as well as performance.---John Craig

John C.
Apr 03, 2007

what was your secret for getting them to do anything, or call you back? They have not called me ONCE since I paid them the up front fee of 500.00!!!I wish I could alert EVERYONE to read all the negative feedback in regard to this CO. 500.00 and up for services that they apparently never intend to give!!! The REPRESENTATIVE who was supposedly handling my sale called me every day up untill I paid the fee, and then it was as though someone OR some CO.turned the lights off and closed up the shop!!!!! A 500.00 lesson has been well learned!!!!! aliceb47

Alice B.
Apr 04, 2007

As you can see by John's post, Omega Marketing rented his timeshare weeks but did not sell them. He paid them $700+ (or twice that amount since he owned 2 weeks) for them to list his timeshares for rent.

Again, never ever pay any company an upfront fee to sell or rent your timeshare. 99 out of 100 are outright scams.

Anyone can list their timeshare for sale or rent on Redweek and many other internet listing sites and have a much better chance of renting or selling than any upfront fee company.

The most popular internet sites such as Redweek, Ebay, Bidshares and others get a lot of exposure, and the good thing about internet listing sites is that you can edit your ad as many times as you wish to bring down the price or add details. I sold 9 timeshares via these internet sites, but I was realistic in my pricing. It's very easy to construct an ad, especially on Redweek.

aliceb47 wrote:
what was your secret for getting them to do anything, or call you back? They have not called me ONCE since I paid them the up front fee of 500.00!!!I wish I could alert EVERYONE to read all the negative feedback in regard to this CO. 500.00 and up for services that they apparently never intend to give!!! The REPRESENTATIVE who was supposedly handling my sale called me every day up untill I paid the fee, and then it was as though someone OR some CO.turned the lights off and closed up the shop!!!!! A 500.00 lesson has been well learned!!!!! aliceb47

R P.
Apr 09, 2007

My situation is very similiar to John's. I dealt with many companies prior to discovering Omega Marketing Solutions. I spoke to my agent throughout the process, and he rented all three of my weeks in Mexico, as well as sold both of my shares in Orlando.

They are great I owe them big time...

Mike R.
Apr 10, 2007

miker, care to tell us how much upfront money you paid this company? Why would they charge you an upfront fee to list your timeshares for rent and for sale? Why could they not have taken the fee after they rented and sold your timeshares?

I would never pay a real estate company an upfront fee to sell my home, why do so with a timeshare?

Do you happen to work for Omega Marketing?

miker186 wrote:
My situation is very similiar to John's. I dealt with many companies prior to discovering Omega Marketing Solutions. I spoke to my agent throughout the process, and he rented all three of my weeks in Mexico, as well as sold both of my shares in Orlando.

They are great I owe them big time...

R P.
Apr 13, 2007

to jayjay:

Since you responded to my post, I'll have you know my timeshare was listed on redweek and did not rent though it did rent through omega. Thanks for the response.

John Craig

John C.
Apr 13, 2007

johnc661 wrote:
to jayjay:

Since you responded to my post, I'll have you know my timeshare was listed on redweek and did not rent though it did rent through omega. Thanks for the response.

John Craig

John, this account that you have on RedWeek.com is only 10 days old and it's a free guest account. Do you have a paid account that has the rental postings on it? Maybe I can see why you didn't have more response here on our website.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Apr 14, 2007

John, could you please tell us how much you had to pay Omega Marketing upfront to rent out your timeshare?

johnc661 wrote:
to jayjay:

John Craig

R P.
Apr 25, 2007

We put our timeshare up for sale in December 2006 and they swore that it would be sold by March 1st, 2007 and we have not heard any thing about any offers and we ask them to put it on the market for a price of $9999.00 or under and they assured us they could sell it for closer to $15000. and we paid them $950.00 and everytime we do get a actual person on the phone they swear that they are promoting it but I know they aren't , I want to go after these people who just took my money and keep running.

Cynthia W.
Apr 26, 2007

cynthiaw67 wrote:
We put our timeshare up for sale in December 2006 and they swore that it would be sold by March 1st, 2007 and we have not heard any thing about any offers and we ask them to put it on the market for a price of $9999.00 or under and they assured us they could sell it for closer to $15000. and we paid them $950.00 and everytime we do get a actual person on the phone they swear that they are promoting it but I know they aren't , I want to go after these people who just took my money and keep running.

Why not see if there is anyone interested in going in on a class action suit with you against Omega et.al.?

Irvin R.
Apr 27, 2007

Actually, I'd like to see a class action lawsuit against all upfront fee resale companies. They are out and out scams ... just another tarnish in the name of timesharing with it's already bad reputation, and we wonder how that reputation was garnered ?????? Geez!

irvinr2 wrote:
Why not see if there is anyone interested in going in on a class action suit with you against Omega et.al.?

R P.
Apr 28, 2007

Yep, I am interested! I am becoming increasingly confident that they are a big scam outfit and I think they survive because no one follows up! Trouble is when chased, these type of people can just rename themselves and start all over again. I also think that the people who say they have rented and/or sold are probably working for Omega. They'd have to be pretty stupid not to check the websites to check what is being said about them........that's what keeps them ahead of the game I guess.

John C.
Apr 29, 2007

johnc649 wrote:
Yep, I am interested! I am becoming increasingly confident that they are a big scam outfit and I think they survive because no one follows up! Trouble is when chased, these type of people can just rename themselves and start all over again. I also think that the people who say they have rented and/or sold are probably working for Omega. They'd have to be pretty stupid not to check the websites to check what is being said about them........that's what keeps them ahead of the game I guess.

WHY NOT POLL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE VENTED THEIR FRUSTRATIONS ON THIS SITE AND SEE IF THEY WOULD BE WILLING TO GET ON BOARD WITH YOU? i THINK THAT IIF YOU CAN CONTACT THEM ONE-ON-ONE IT WOULD KEEP OMEGA FROM GETTING WISE UNTIL AFTER THE LAWYERS ARE INVOLVED. THEY WOULD PROBABLY BE ABLE TO FIND OUT WHO'S INVOLVED. AT THE VERY LEAST, THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO INFORM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL.

Irvin R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.