Star Island Resort

Star Island review

Mar 07, 2007

we just returned from a week at this resort, and I would rate it very high. It is located right off I 192 and yet is very quite. The pools are very well heated and there is plenty of activities on sight if you just want to hang out. The 3 bedroom unit is very large and nicely decortated.I would return any time. This is a "must See" resort in my book.

Danny K.
Mar 27, 2007

Danny,

My family and I are planning to visit the property in June but we were having second thoughts about the property. It does not look very kid friendly; is it? How long was your stay?

Marcia C.
May 01, 2007

Does anyone know if building 18 is a newer building?

Deb R.
May 01, 2007

Hi- We are staying at Star Island in June, can anyone tell me the condition of the units at this resort. The pictures do not look very good, the furnishings look a bit dated- I am a bit nervous about what I am getting into.

Deb R.
Aug 15, 2007

debr21 wrote:
Hi- We are staying at Star Island in June, can anyone tell me the condition of the units at this resort. The pictures do not look very good, the furnishings look a bit dated- I am a bit nervous about what I am getting into.
By now you've already been there. I'm betting you found this resort to be lovely with lots to do there.

Katherine A.

Last edited by katherinea26 on Aug 15, 2007 07:37 PM

Aug 16, 2007

marciac24 wrote:
Danny,

My family and I are planning to visit the property in June but we were having second thoughts about the property. It does not look very kid friendly; is it? How long was your stay?

Marcia, Sorry I did not respond, I did not see your question until now. I hope that you went and had a good time. If you were there, I'm sure you found out that the place is very KID friendy and there are lots of activities for kids.

Danny K.
Oct 29, 2007

There are so many other timeshare properties available in the Orlando area that are better than this, I purchased at WestGate Lakes and the difference is night and day, the units are not maintained in any compairision to the Westgate properties when looking at the outside of the buildings. Westgate acctually has a water park for the kids right on the property and so much more to do there that you dont even have to leave the property to have a GREAT time!

Bill L.

Last edited by billl142 on Oct 29, 2007 08:57 AM

Jan 16, 2008

dannyk10 wrote:
we just returned from a week at this resort, and I would rate it very high. It is located right off I 192 and yet is very quite. The pools are very well heated and there is plenty of activities on sight if you just want to hang out. The 3 bedroom unit is very large and nicely decortated.I would return any time. This is a "must See" resort in my book.

Would you say that the rooms were very modern. Were you in building 19? Was everything clean especially the pools?

Frances L.
Jan 16, 2008

I have just purchased a unit in building 19 and would like as much iinformation as possible Is it really a 5 star establishment. Are the rooms modern in decor? Are the pools clean and well lit. Are ther bugs in the rooms? Would you visit there again? Were you impressed or displeased. Thanks

Frances L.
Feb 13, 2008

francesl31 wrote:
I have just purchased a unit in building 19 and would like as much iinformation as possible Is it really a 5 star establishment. Are the rooms modern in decor? Are the pools clean and well lit. Are ther bugs in the rooms? Would you visit there again? Were you impressed or displeased. Thanks

We stayed there last year in Feb, I do not know which is bldg 19, but I can tell you that the resort is definately a 5 star and everything was top notch. we would return anytime. very freindly staff and lots for kids to do there.

Danny K.
Apr 16, 2013

Thought I would add a more "CURRENT " post. F.Y.I. We bought two weeks at Star Island and have been coming since 1994. We picked Star Island because of it's QUIET beautiful park-like setting away from the hustle and bustle. The rooms are CLEAN, bright, airy and spacious. Great kitchen area! Many wonderful updates and ammeninite over the years. There is a huge whirlpool tub in the master bedroom and the king size bed is very comfortable. The covered decks are large and have ceiling fans. With eight people you don't feel claustrophobic ! There is plenty to do on sight: a putting green/driving range, tennis courts, jet skiing, a teriffic gym, amazing spa, kids play ground (last year they had a bounce house). Our grand-children love the kid friendly zero enterance pool with fountain sprays- wheelchair accessible too! We have stayed in a LOT of time-shares and Star Island has never dissapointed.

Nana F.

Last edited by nanaf on Apr 16, 2013 09:47 PM

Aug 03, 2014

Danny, Did you end up staying at this resort and if so how was the stay? Was it kid friendly?

marciac24 wrote:
Danny,

Brian K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.