Club Wyndham Sea Gardens

Update on Sea Gardens Oceanview Units

Mar 28, 2007

If anyone has feedback on the oceanview units on the other side of A1A, please advise. I understand that they have undergone renovation due to hurricane, but all units are not finished.

Linda J.
Aug 20, 2007

I was at the sea gardens 2006 and I think they have been renovated. We stayed in an ocean front studio and we did not like the new set up there were only2 drawers for clothing. all of the nice storage drawers were removed from the bath area. dining table was a pedestal type with tall (uncomfortable) chairs. There were no bed tables. All of the unique design ammenities that we enjoyed in our previous stays were gone.

Rebecca T.
Aug 26, 2007

I was there July 4th 2007 and checked out those studio units. The North Building was "empty" of guests to undergo major work. Keycard locks were gone. They just had "finished" the South Building. I was in one of the South units on either the 3rd or 4th floor, just to look. It looked crowded with sofa, bed, mini-kit with a dishwasher. The furniture did not look new, but I was there for 5 minutes ... didn't look in the bathroom.

Linda M.
Nov 13, 2007

I just purchased week no. 8 ocenview studio south building, and no. 9 ocenview studio on north building. I plan to use them in 2008. Would like to know the condition and if the north building is finished.

Patricia W.
Dec 10, 2008

This is late, but... North Ocean View is now open, and has been for just a bit. They are ALL new, everything is new in each unit. The South has been opened for several years, and are NOT new! They are nice, but not like before. Some units have bed side tables, which makes the bedroom cramped, some dont with everything up on the divider wall. There is no storage for clothes, only 2 drawers under the TV. That is for the South, the North now has new Flat Screen TVs, not sure about storage, didn't think to look when we were looking around the North units. We own South, so know about those units, as I've stayed in 3 of them now. Hope this helps, even if late...

Gerasim M.
Mar 08, 2009

Magnificent!!! Stayed in both the South bldg & North Bldg this year. North building apparently just reopened this year after being gutted due to the hurricane. Biggest studio we were ever in. Big bathroom & semi-dressing room. Jacuzzi tub and the best is the stacked washer/dryer in the bathroom. The kitchen had everything you would ever need. The bathroom area also has a 10ft closet with an electronic safe. You can't get closer to the beach. All rooms seem to have a Ocean view. We will be back!

Jack L.
Mar 08, 2009

As you know there is the North and South OV buildings. The South building is the same as always, they have not been updated. They are very nice however. The North building was closed for 3 years or so. They reopened last ?June? and are all new. Every thing in them is new, All units have washer and dryer, flat screen TVs, new beds, sofa bed and all new kitchen with a stone counter top. The draw back to the new kitchen is they didn't extend the counter top around the wall so there is very little space for all the toaster, blender, towels, etc, which leaves you with no space to cook. Aslo the cabinets are cut back so the silverwear is up overhead with the glasses. The North OV is fully completed, every unit open, as are all units in South OV. North looks as nice as Santa Barbara does now. Hope this helps.....

Gerasim M.
Apr 21, 2009

I have never been to this place and own points and apparently own OceanView, if someone is familiar with this please let me know, since I recently lost my job I don't think I'll be able to keep this. Sounds like some are very happy with the new units, but are all units the same?

Ilana T.

Last edited by ilanat2 on Apr 21, 2009 09:36 PM

Oct 12, 2009

We are going to be at the Sea garden Feb 7th To the 14th,what building and what floors do you recommend that we request on our reversation form,we -like most people- like to sit on the patio and look at the ocean,and if possible some of the activity around the pool.Thank You. karl swanson.

Karl S.

Last edited by karls14 on Oct 12, 2009 09:28 PM

Oct 13, 2009

North OV are the completely new units, everything in each unit is brand new, or was a year ago! N.OV has washer dryers with a smaller tubs. South OV are the older units, without washer dryers but a larger tub, without the flat screen TVs, but have more storage for your clothes. On either side, the higher the number the closer you are to the ocean. Go to www.seagarden.com and under one of the tabs you will find each of the 5 buildings listed, click on the link there and you will find photos, room numbers and layouts of the room. If you want to see the ocean from the balcony, good luck! You can, but the balcony is only about 2ft wide!, you can stand on it, set on the a/c unit, or a kitchen chair will fit, but that's all. The pool at OV is NOT heated and will be cooler than the 3 heated pools on the other side. Any unit in OV will over look the pool and ocean. I will be there in a Waterfall unit the same time you are. I own So OV but am using points for my Feb trip. So OV will not have afternoon sun in the rooms and the units are cooler and the balcony is in the shade. The No OV will have full sun and are MUCH warmer will a sunny balcony. This is my faviorite resort with Wyndham. More questions, ask..... gary

Gerasim M.
Oct 14, 2009

Don't know if it is worth paying the assessment bill we just received. We are in the S. Oceanview units and appear to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to renovations. I own there, but have never been there, and after reading comments, it doesn't appear to be worth the trip there. I think I will sell it cheap, just to get rid of it, if I can sell it at all.

Linda J.
Oct 14, 2009

You are correct, the No OV are great, all new everything. the So OV were only cleaned up. But the SA ($1,000 per week per unit) applies to all units, the 24 So and 28 No units. Sea Gardens has FIVE HoA, one for each of the building groups, so we have to pay the millions ourselves. A good question is why didn't Wyn HoA have the proper insurance? Why do we have to pay for their mess up? Plus the fact that some 20+% of the owners have walked away. Those fees are passed on to the rest of us. To be honest not all the 20-30% walked away, some of the owners have died and Wyn has no way to find who in the wills were to take over or notify them. It will be hard to sell OV now. There are several fixed weeks for sale now on the web for $1.00 and they haven't sold. What ever someone pays for the unit, there's closing, county fees, some times Wyn transfer fees and then the $1,000. It's smarter to buy points some where without storms and use those points to book SG at 10 months. I see on the web that a week at SG will rent for less than my MF! I don't know how they can do that! I have a fix winter week there and wanted a spring week also as I do love the resort, one of my favorite Wyn resorts, but $1,000 is a bit rich for me for an older resort. There's a lady on this site with three weeks she's been trying to sell for months, good luck. I wish you luck with what ever you do. gary...

Gerasim M.
Oct 16, 2009

Is anyone attending the HOA meeting November 6, 2009?

Jim and Christine R.
Dec 15, 2009

Any new info on Sea Gardens Oceanview Units and what was covered at the HOA meeting on Nov. 6th.

Linda J.
Dec 15, 2009

I was not at the POA meeting so don't know what was covered. Two weeks ago I spoke with the SG mgr about the changes to OV. The new pool is in and operating. It's only 6ft deep now and does have a nice fountain with colored LEDs on one end! He said they were going to close a couple of So OV units and update them to match the new No OV with everything new. He said they would do this slowly and without an increase of the MF or a SA. We hope so! The $1000 for No OV that all OV owners paid was a lot! He did say the new insurance does cover everything now and we'll not have SA again. I'll be there again week 5 & 6 and told him I'd meet with him for more details. Hope this helped a little, gary...

Gerasim M.
Jan 15, 2010

Hello,

What do you know about the waterfall units. Have they been updated recently. We will be there in a couple of weeks!

Ellen M.
Jan 15, 2010

Hi, I'm not sure about Waterfall Units. I think it was about 2 or 3 years ago while we were there the No WF outsides were covered with plastic sheeting. They said that they were updating, but I didn't ask at the time just what and how much 'updating' they were doing. As this is the Oceanview topic page, you might look and see if Red Week has a forum for those units or maybe a general Sea Gardens. You might call the resort at 954 943.6200. The General Manager is Mr. RIck Dunstan at ext 4102. There is also a Wyn Owners Forum with almost 6,000 owners signed up and posting. Some one there may have the info you need. That forum is at http://forums.atozed.com/ Good luck... gary

Gerasim M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.