Oceanique Resort

Lack of listings

Apr 02, 2007

It seems odd that there are no resale nor rental listings currently. I wonder if that's because the resort is so small?

Lee L.
Jun 18, 2007

Are you an owner at the resort?

LeeAnn F.
Jun 19, 2007

leeannf2 wrote:

Yes, I have 3 weeks there.

Lee L.
Jul 27, 2007

llacy wrote:
leeannf2 wrote:

I am interested in purchasing a week at this resort. I would like any information about the property. My plan is to buy for the winter (Oct-May) season. Also have you used the II exchange program and is it pretty easy to exchange? Thank you

Mariann L.
Jul 28, 2007

mariannl wrote:
llacy wrote:
leeannf2 wrote:

I am interested in purchasing a week at this resort. I would like any information about the property. My plan is to buy for the winter (Oct-May) season. Also have you used the II exchange program and is it pretty easy to exchange? Thank you

Can you be more specific about what you'd like to know?

Lee L.
Jul 28, 2007

llacy wrote:
mariannl wrote:
llacy wrote:
leeannf2 wrote:

Can you be more specific about what you'd like to know?

What time of year do you use the timeshare? Are the condos clean and kept up with? Is it difficult to get a reservation for the week that you want since it is a float? How far in advance do you usually call for the reservation? How long have you owned your timeshare? Do you use it every year? Do you belong to the II exchange program and if so have you had any problems exchanging your week? How often does the price of the maintainence fee go up? I have never owned a timeshare before, so anything else you can add would be helpful. Thanks

Mariann L.
Oct 16, 2007

THE REASON THERE ARE NO LISTINGS IS THAT THERE ARE ONLY 24 UNITS .IT'S A GREAT PLACE TO VACATION .I HAVE OWNED SINCE 1988 AND IT HAS GOTTEN BETTER EACH YEAR.SORRY NOT SELLING OR RENTING THIS TIMESHARE OUT

Michael D.
Oct 16, 2007

Newktwo: good point. The small # of units is probably why, although thee's 2 units for sale in RedWeek now.

I agree that it improves all the time.

Mariannl: To try and answer your specific questions:

What time of year do you use the timeshare? I usually go when I have time off work (Chritmas, 4th of July, etc.)

Are the condos clean and kept up with? They're a little dated, but they're well cleaned.

Is it difficult to get a reservation for the week that you want since it is a float? I've never had a problem. Janet handles reservations and she's extremely helpful.

How far in advance do you usually call for the reservation? 1 year

How long have you owned your timeshare? a few years

Do you use it every year? yes, all 3 weeks

Do you belong to the II exchange program and if so have you had any problems exchanging your week? I'm in II but have never exchanged my Oceanique weeks.

How often does the price of the maintainence fee go up? I haven't seen it rise much and they didn't even hit us with a special assessment after the hurricanes a few years ago.

I have never owned a timeshare before, so anything else you can add would be helpful. Recomed you look @ Timeshare User's Group http://www.tug2.net/ lots of good advice in the forums.

Also, I'd recommend renting there a night before you commit to buying. The resort usually has some foreclosed units for sale at a reasonable price without pressure.

Lee L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.