Timeshare Companies

Westin Timeshare System

Apr 06, 2007

Does anyone have any experience with this company...good or bad. I am considering buying a week in Princeville HI.

Edward K.
Apr 07, 2007

I don't know anything about Westin Timeshare Sysem, but if they are a developer sales company as I suspect, then don't buy from them. Buy in Princeville, HI through the resale market. You will save a lot of money. I bought a property on the resale market for 25% of developer price and I still probably paid too much, but I am happy with my purchase. You will save substantial sums of money if you buy in the resale market, you won't get developer perks, but they can be offset by all that money that you did not spend. Stan.

stanleyf5
Apr 07, 2007

stanleyf5 wrote:
I don't know anything about Westin Timeshare Sysem, but if they are a developer sales company as I suspect, then don't buy from them. Buy in Princeville, HI through the resale market. You will save a lot of money. I bought a property on the resale market for 25% of developer price and I still probably paid too much, but I am happy with my purchase. You will save substantial sums of money if you buy in the resale market, you won't get developer perks, but they can be offset by all that money that you did not spend. Stan.

Try not ever to buy from the developer. They get whatever they can wring out of anyone. The secondary or resale market is the way to go. You will buy for far, far less and get the same amenities.

Beverly J.
Apr 30, 2007

edwardk36 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this company...good or bad. I am considering buying a week in Princeville HI.

Westin is part of the Starwood Vacation Ownership program. I don't own a unit with them, but I've been looking at them, too. I don't know if you would be able to get the points you can use at Starwood hotels (Sheraton, Westin, etc.) if you don't go through the developer. Does any one know?

Deborah M.
May 23, 2007

I own at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort in Maui. I bought resale and saved about 40% off of developer prices.

I love the resort, and I'm very happy with the Starwood Vacation Ownership program. They use a point based system called StarOptions for exchanges.

So far, I've stayed at my home resort and the Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando.

My experience with Starwood has been positive.

Alex S.
Apr 22, 2008

I am considering buying a week at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, but am worried about availability during school vacation times. I travel with school aged children and am limited by the school calendar. Have people had good experiences being able to book weeks during school vacation times? Specifically, I am interested in an ocean front unit and wonder if I can actually book an ocean front unit during spring break and summer breaks or if everything will be immediately booked during these weeks.

Melissa M.
Jun 27, 2008

melissam241 wrote:
I am considering buying a week at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, but am worried about availability during school vacation times. I travel with school aged children and am limited by the school calendar. Have people had good experiences being able to book weeks during school vacation times? Specifically, I am interested in an ocean front unit and wonder if I can actually book an ocean front unit during spring break and summer breaks or if everything will be immediately booked during these weeks.
If you own at the resort, and reserve your unit at the 12 month window, you will have no problem getting your unit.

Tom F.
Jan 20, 2009

tom1004 wrote:
melissam241 wrote:

If you own at the resort, and reserve your unit at the 12 month window, you will have no problem getting your unit.

Ron D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.