Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Ocean View or Island View

Apr 07, 2007

Which view is considered the primo, most desirable view? What is the best location in the complex?

Sherry P.
Jun 14, 2007

Ocean View is the best and most costly. The buildings are called Hale and number 1-8. Hale 1 and 8 are the closest to the beach. An Ocean View in either of these buildings is the best in my opinion.

I prefer a first floor unit in Hale 8. Just walk out to the ocean or pool area - no elevators.

You can't go wrong here; only good and better.

Aloha

Pete K.
Aug 04, 2007

pete110 wrote:
Ocean View is the best and most costly. The buildings are called Hale and number 1-8. Hale 1 and 8 are the closest to the beach. An Ocean View in either of these buildings is the best in my opinion.

I prefer a first floor unit in Hale 8. Just walk out to the ocean or pool area - no elevators.

You can't go wrong here; only good and better.

Aloha

We were in 72xx, odd number, ocean view but it was mostly parking lot for the beach, with Brenneke's a bit further out. Bit of blue ocean too. Anyone know where "Island" view starts/stops vs "Ocean" view ? Hale5 perhaps ? http://www.wizardpub.com/kauai/krmarriottwaiohai.html

Thanks

Paul G.
Mar 19, 2008

The very best is Hale 1 ocean view, which overlooks a broad lawn and looks directly out onto the water. On the first floor you can just walk out onto the lawn so that kids can play soccer or whatever. Higher floors give gorgeous sunset views...just a good as the ones at the Beach House without the crowds.

Maureen C.
Apr 17, 2008

In my opinion Hale 1 and 8 are the best locations, particularly ground floor rooms 1103, -05, -07, or -09, which open to the lawn/beach and are relatively quiet. Accordingly, you have to make a building/room request when scheduling your weeks/s. However, you have to schedule 2 weeks or more of concurrent or consecutive usage to have much chance of getting your reservation in these buildings (though no guarantees). This means you have to own (or rent) 2 or more weeks at Waiohai. I learned this little wrinkle on my recent stay, so I bought a 2nd ocean view unit.

Jim

James W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 17, 2008 03:49 PM

Mar 10, 2009

Has the derelict property immediately to the west of Hale 1 & 2 been redeveloped yet ?

Paul G.
Aug 14, 2009

To answer my own question, yes it has ! http://www.koakea.com/ Looks great.

Paul G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.