Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Oct 11, 2010

judikoz wrote:
There are legitimate timeshare resale businesses all over this Country. They are just overshadowed by the dark side people. Deal with an agent that is licensed by the State that your timeshare is in. Then you have recourse.
Interesting..... It would be nice if they came out of the closet. Understandable that many are overshadowed by scum resellers that prey on the people that are already desperate. It seems like 99.9 % seek an UP-FRONT-FEE. That adds up to a SCAM. Why can't any one provide a legitimate company that doesn't require an up-front-fee?

Don R.
Oct 11, 2010

suzannes193 wrote:
Anyone know if timesharecomplaints.com is a legitimate company? They offered to take my every-other-year studio unit (that I've never used or traded) off my hands. I pay them $1925 (ouch! this after spending $8500 in sales price and maintenance fees since 2006 plus an upfront listing scam of $850 last year). Deed is supposedly out of my name, as are all future maintenance fees and any other obligations. Yes, that's a lot of money, but I guess it goes to an escrow company while the paperwork is completed. Is this legitimate???? I want this headache gone. It seems insane to pay someone to make it go away, but I'm afraid that in this economy, it's the best shot I have of guaranteed relief.
HOPEFULLY YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE mistake OF PAYING ANY MONEY UP FRONT.....

Don R.
Oct 11, 2010

suzannes193 wrote:
Anyone know if timesharecomplaints.com is a legitimate company? They offered to take my every-other-year studio unit (that I've never used or traded) off my hands. I pay them $1925 (ouch! this after spending $8500 in sales price and maintenance fees since 2006 plus an upfront listing scam of $850 last year). Deed is supposedly out of my name, as are all future maintenance fees and any other obligations. Yes, that's a lot of money, but I guess it goes to an escrow company while the paperwork is completed. Is this legitimate???? I want this headache gone. It seems insane to pay someone to make it go away, but I'm afraid that in this economy, it's the best shot I have of guaranteed relief.
:- ( I truly understand your frustration.... I've been dealing with 4 time shares that I'm really tiered of dealing with. Every year maintenance fee's go up, can't rent of sell them. I have more banked weeks than I know what to do with.....

Don R.
Oct 12, 2010

timesharecomplaints.com is part of VINNN. All of their different names are listed above. www.timesharebrokersmls.com has a list of brokers that do not charge up front fees.

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Oct 12, 2010

suzannes193 wrote:

You'd better make sure the timeshare is out of your name at the resort or you will continue being billed for future maintenance fees and will be responsible for paying them until the timeshare is out of your name.

R P.
Oct 17, 2010

jayjay wrote:
suzannes193 wrote:

You'd better make sure the timeshare is out of your name at the resort or you will continue being billed for future maintenance fees and will be responsible for paying them until the timeshare is out of your name.

Rich C.
Oct 17, 2010

They claim that my responsibilities end the day I sign a contract with them...may try the tug give-away angle first....

Suzanne S.
Oct 18, 2010

Did you know if you list your timeshare with a licensed timeshare resale broker and have a problem and lose money that the State of Florida has a recovery fund?

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Dec 05, 2010

jayjay wrote:
suzannes193 wrote:

Michael C.
Dec 13, 2010

I was contacted by RCI in April 2010 stating that they had a buyer for our timeshare in Las Vegas. They stated that the buyer was willing to pay and they would set up the contract but required money to set up the contract. They stated the money would go into a Good Faith Account and I would receive they money back along with final contract and the check for our timeshare. They stated the process would take up to 60 days to complete the underwriting of the contract. They would call weekly to update me on their progress. I was able to get in contact with them using the number they had listed for the first 2 months. The last time I talked to them was in July and they stated I should receive my check and final contract by August. I tried to get in contact with them in August and the number went straight to an answering service. I emailed them too with no response. I checked their website and discovered the scam alert on line. Is there any way to track these people down?

I found a company that seemed promising that actually turned out to NOT be a fraud and didnt charge me any upfront fees! The company is called BCA Recovery in Coconut Creek FL - guy by the name of Joseph at 800-982-0221 or email jbelleme@bcarecovery.com .... the process wasnt as fast as they maid it seem but i sure enough got my money back from those thieves and of course i paid them once i got my money back. BUT all in all they were great people to work with. THANK YOU!

Michael C.

Last edited by michaelc890 on Dec 13, 2010 08:02 PM

Dec 14, 2010

michaelc890 wrote:
I was contacted by RCI in April 2010 stating that they had a buyer for our timeshare in Las Vegas. They stated that the buyer was willing to pay and they would set up the contract but required money to set up the contract. They stated the money would go into a Good Faith Account and I would receive they money back along with final contract and the check for our timeshare. They stated the process would take up to 60 days to complete the underwriting of the contract. They would call weekly to update me on their progress. I was able to get in contact with them using the number they had listed for the first 2 months. The last time I talked to them was in July and they stated I should receive my check and final contract by August. I tried to get in contact with them in August and the number went straight to an answering service. I emailed them too with no response. I checked their website and discovered the scam alert on line. Is there any way to track these people down?

I found a company that seemed promising that actually turned out to NOT be a fraud and didnt charge me any upfront fees! The company is called BCA Recovery in Coconut Creek FL - guy by the name of Joseph at 800-982-0221 or email jbelleme@bcarecovery.com .... the process wasnt as fast as they maid it seem but i sure enough got my money back from those thieves and of course i paid them once i got my money back. BUT all in all they were great people to work with. THANK YOU!

First of all RCI is not in the business of selling timeshares .... they are merely an exchange company, so you were dupped from the very beginning.

Would like to hear more reviews of BCA Recovery (never heard of them) before recommending them.

R P.
Dec 14, 2010

michaelc890 wrote:
the process wasnt as fast as they maid it seem but i sure enough got my money back from those thieves and of course i paid them once i got my money back. BUT all in all they were great people to work with. THANK YOU!

I have questions about getting your money back. How were you paid? Did the original scammer send you a check for the full amount you paid it and has that check cleared your bank account?

Did the scammer give you a credit on your credit card for the amount you originally paid?

Did the scammer send the money to BCA Recovery and then BCA Recovery send you a check minus its commission?

I ask these questions because a number of these "recovery firms" are really scams. Some of them may even be the same people that scammed you in the first place with the upfront fee.

This new scam is that, after the original scammer gives you a credit on your credit card, the "recovery firm" will ask you to send it a check as its commission. After that check has cleared, the credit on your credit card will be reversed. Then, you'll be out another $250 or so.

Please let us know what the process is. Thank you.

Lance C.
Dec 15, 2010

Interesting... Lot's of "fraud investigators" calling us too.

Bruce Z.
Jan 09, 2011

Suzanne, Did you use VI Network/TCS to transfer your timeshare successfully?

Mark D.
Mar 02, 2011

Buy Owner Resorts also tried ripping me off. I called my credit card company and I got all my money back. I really would like to trust someone to sell my timeshare. Right now I'm about to sign a contract with Marketing Direct. There is an upfront fee of $494 and another $490 when they sell it. They all seem so believable. I decided to trust this company because I know American Express has got my back.

Diane S.
Mar 02, 2011

dianes487 wrote:
Buy Owner Resorts also tried ripping me off. I called my credit card company and I got all my money back. I really would like to trust someone to sell my timeshare. Right now I'm about to sign a contract with Marketing Direct. There is an upfront fee of $494 and another $490 when they sell it. They all seem so believable. I decided to trust this company because I know American Express has got my back.

At least you won't have to worry about paying the $490. Once they get your $494 you'll not hear from them again. Make sure to dispute the charge within 60 days or the card issuer probably won't help you either.

Bruce Z.

Last edited by bruce727 on Mar 02, 2011 05:37 PM

Mar 02, 2011

bruce727 wrote:
dianes487 wrote:

At least you won't have to worry about paying the $490. Once they get your $494 you'll not hear from them again. Make sure to dispute the charge within 60 days or the card issuer probably won't help you either.

Judi K.
Mar 02, 2011

By the way American Express does not have your back. You will sign a piece of paper that says what they need to say to keep your money. Tell them you want American Express to check the paperwork first to make sure if they are lying you can back out.

Judi K.
Mar 03, 2011

OMG, yall just saved us. Im hoping. Tony Buglisi is now working for a company (or so he says) called Marketing Direct Timeshare Services, LLC. Now on the BBB sight it shows the company to have an A- rating. We went through the whole spill with him last night on the phone and went to the sights (that he recommended) in order to show how legit he was. When I saw his name come up in this feed I called my husband IMEDIATELY! They were charging us 998.00 for the marketing. Claiming that we needed to move quickly to get this done for the "BIKE WEEK" visitors to see. We gave our account number and so forth. We recieved our "contract" today and he told me that since my husband was out of town that I could just sign it and send it back. I then decided to google it and saw this thread. Thank you all so very much. My husband was able to call the bank and nip it in the bud. They cancelled his current debit card and issued another. I really hope this took care of it. Once again thanks for all of the info.

Momma B.

Last edited by detrad on Mar 03, 2011 01:55 PM

Mar 03, 2011

Well we saved the Attorney General and the other Agencies in Florida some time by not having to help these people file a claim. That is a notch in the belt. Thank you Redweek and all of you bloggers.

Judi K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.