Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Jan 15, 2013

ronc207 wrote:
We have purchased 15 resale contracts and Sue at "Timeshare Closings for Less" in Orlando, FL handled at least 10 of those transfers. She is very good to work with and is very thorough. We will use them again when we start to sell some of our 6+ million points over the next year or so.

If anyone wants contact information, I will provide that if requested.

does she help sell the timeshare? that would be great if she could help me

Joann C.
Jan 15, 2013

joannc110 wrote:
I currently have a timeshare and i need to get rid of it. do any of u know of a company that can help me. I have already been scammed by www.sellmytimesharenow.com and im out that money. I can't afford the stupid thing (i bought it for my ex and they didn't want it after we broke up) with the HOA fees. I would like to donate it but it isn't paid off yet. Can anyone help me please?

If you still have a mortgage on your timeshare then there's no way you can find a buyer or even a bogus charity that will accept it ..... you'll have to pay if off then try to sell it or give it away. In the meantime the best thing you can do is use it, exchange it or rent it out

R P.
Feb 05, 2013

I just got help with my timeshare.. I had been talked into buying more points and my dept went from $11,000 to $59,000. I told them i could not afford it but they insisted i would get approved for a loan. they told me to wait 14 days to apply for it.. I wasnt thinking about the fact that i only had 10days to rescind. after the 14days i was told to wait, i applied for the loan and was denied.. I loved my timeshare and really didnt want to get rid of it completely but really couldnt afford it.. A guy called me and told me he was investigating time share scams.. I really let him have it at first. I am not the kind of person to keep my feelings to myself, I wanted him to know how i felt about people (like him) but he started asking questions and assuring me that they are not asking for money up front. he gave me the name of the lawyer they use and told me they could give me some references of people they have already helped.. He told me to look into it, gave me his number and extension and told me to call him back.. I did some research and did call him back. they got my points back to where they were before I had been talked into the new purchase and my debt back to where it should be.. they saved me $43,000. I truly would not have listened to this guy after believing the sales man who talked me into buying the extra if he hadnt told me that they wanted no money up front, but im glad i listened. I am also glad i did research because you can NEVER be to careful.

Tara G.
Feb 11, 2013

I appreciate your honesty but I cannot understand why a timeshare any timeshare can promise, mislead, lie, and continue to deceive all these good people. We were just scammed at Coral Sands on Hilton Head Island, on Oct. of 2012. We were promised all of these wonderful things, 2 weeks a year, $2000 back on an additional third week that they called a developer's week. we went back two days after signing the contract and a financial manager supported the lies that were first told us. Needless to say when we received our RCI points resort directory, we then and only then did we find out that our week vacation, turned into one vacation every three years. Not only this but they had us trade in our two bedroom lookoff in Sedona,AZ.

W. Michael G.
Feb 11, 2013

wmichaelg wrote:
I appreciate your honesty but I cannot understand why a timeshare any timeshare can promise, mislead, lie, and continue to deceive all these good people. We were just scammed at Coral Sands on Hilton Head Island, on Oct. of 2012. We were promised all of these wonderful things, 2 weeks a year, $2000 back on an additional third week that they called a developer's week. we went back two days after signing the contract and a financial manager supported the lies that were first told us. Needless to say when we received our RCI points resort directory, we then and only then did we find out that our week vacation, turned into one vacation every three years. Not only this but they had us trade in our two bedroom lookoff in Sedona,AZ.

That's why it's so important to make sure that all the promises made to you are in the WRITTEN contract.

R P.
Feb 20, 2013

What was the name of the gentleman b/c i unfortunately have the exact same problem.

A T.
Apr 01, 2013

Another scam--same old same old?

Timothy B.
Apr 04, 2013

Is Time Share Helping Hand in Florida a legit Co.? But they do ask for 699.dollars afraid to send them this now even tho they say thrir bonded. Please reply.

Jo A.
Apr 04, 2013

joa325 wrote:
Is Time Share Helping Hand in Florida a legit Co.? But they do ask for 699.dollars afraid to send them this now even tho they say thrir bonded. Please reply.

One more time ..... never, ever pay any timeshare entity a large upfront fee .... what does bonded have to do with anything? BTW, the FL attorney general and the FL legislature are cracking down bigtime on scams like this .... you might want to share this fact with this timeshare entity.

R P.
Apr 24, 2013

williamg345 wrote:
Using the Quit Claim Deed found on My Attorney software I have personally transferred an Orange Lakes deed to my brother, returned a North Carolina time share to Wyndham, and sold a Gold Key time share at Virginia Beach to a friend. It is pretty straight forward. Once both parties sign the deed, you send it to County/City Courthouse for filing. You may have to pay some unreasonable fee established by the time share compay just to have them change the name of the proprieter in their data base. Use an escrow account to hold the funds while the transaction takes place. Needless to say, I am not a lawyer nor am I certified to hand out advice, just an average Joe.

You mentioned that you "returned a timeshare back to Wyndham" Did they buy it back? I have a timeshare that is paid off and we would like to sell it. I already have been taken some years ago with the upfront fee scam. Really just want to find someone that is legitimately looking to buy!

Frances V.
Apr 25, 2013

francesv17 wrote:
williamg345 wrote:
Using the Quit Claim Deed found on My Attorney software I have personally transferred an Orange Lakes deed to my brother, returned a North Carolina time share to Wyndham, and sold a Gold Key time share at Virginia Beach to a friend. It is pretty straight forward. Once both parties sign the deed, you send it to County/City Courthouse for filing. You may have to pay some unreasonable fee established by the time share compay just to have them change the name of the proprieter in their data base. Use an escrow account to hold the funds while the transaction takes place. Needless to say, I am not a lawyer nor am I certified to hand out advice, just an average Joe.

You mentioned that you "returned a timeshare back to Wyndham" Did they buy it back? I have a timeshare that is paid off and we would like to sell it. I already have been taken some years ago with the upfront fee scam. Really just want to find someone that is legitimately looking to buy!

Be very careful about using an escrow company unless you know them, can go to them personally etc. We were scammed in a sale using Fidelis Title and Escrow out of Chicago--said they were bonded etc--lies. The dal (which was fake anyway) did go south and that was the reason they stated it was important to use an escrow. Beware is all I can say

Heidi J.
Apr 28, 2013

"You mentioned that you "returned a timeshare back to Wyndham" Did they buy it back? I have a timeshare that is paid off and we would like to sell it. I already have been taken some years ago with the upfront fee scam. Really just want to find someone that is legitimately looking to buy!"

No Wyndham will not "buy it back" from you. If they accept a deedback you will pay a small to moderate fee to them to process the deedback ($300-$1500).

If it is a points based timeshare you should be either able to give it away or sell for a few hundred or in rare cases $1000-$4000 depending on where you own and how many points you have. If you have a high MF/point ratio or a very small amount of points you may have to sweeten the pot to give it away. If it is a deeded wyndham week that was never enrolled in the points program very few weeks will have any value and those that do will only be the prime weeks.

You may want to visit TUG to try to get a more specific value for your week or points package.

Tracey S.
May 24, 2013

Please send me the name and number of the man that helped you get your money back. thanks, Karen

Karen G.

Last edited by kareng542 on May 25, 2013 03:22 PM

May 25, 2013

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get rid of your timeshare. You will end up coming back to tell everyone how they ripped you off for thousands. If you have that kind of money to throw away spend it on something usefull.

Don P.
Jun 05, 2013

Many people have become victims of timeshare scams during their vacation, which is not a reason to be embarrassed. A timeshare is a huge financial commitment, and not everyone is able to afford the timeshare maintenance fees.

Melanie B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 05, 2013 02:06 PM

Jul 09, 2013

hi, you were asking about contact information for a gentleman who could help you get out of your timeshare. could you share that information with me, I am in the same boat.....

Kathryn K.
Jul 09, 2013

Nobody is going to get you out of your contract. They are all scam companies that just want to rip you off for upfront money. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare.

Don P.
Aug 02, 2013

If someone calls you to tell you they have a buyer for your timeshare and you need to send them $2,400.00 to process the deal, hang up the phone! Better, tell them you will use your own title company and they'll hang up the phone! It's just another scam to get $2,400.00 out of you -- the closing will take considerable time and likely you'll get exhausted before anything actually happens.

Liz T.
Aug 02, 2013

I am looking to find current Board of Directors for a resort- does any one know where to find these? at the library or resort? for Estero Island Beach Club -looking for emails of Directors.

Susan M.
Aug 22, 2013

I wish you can answer my broken heart. i was going to a time share presentation with my wife as a young couple, and.... i was one of the unfortunate ones, they catched me to buy. i cant afford the payments and do not see any future potential in this. i tried advertising it for a hefty price, and did not her anything from them ever since. I am resentful as could be, if it was just a 1 time loss-no problem , i can get on with my life. but i am facing a (hopefully not!) life struggle with this. Please see if you can help me out. thanks tons in advance.

amyv41 wrote:
2 years ago I worked at a timeshare scam. I am a single mother (it doesn't condone my actions but please understand). I easily made over 3k a WEEK at my resell job. The company has a really BAD rep online you will find them on ripoffreport.com.

The owner a very young guy and his pal run the place his pals father is an attorney and they are the lowest of the low.

I found the job being unemployed and afraid I answered an ad in the Orlando Sentinel for sales people. I have quite a bit of sales and marketing experience and they gladly took me aboard.

I soon realized that I was dealing with a timeshare scam by that time I had already been well on my way to making $156K for the year getting a 30% commission on every deal I sold.

As you may be able to imagine I was having a worldly & spirally binding war within my self. I can still remember how excited that the whole office was when the first hour I made my first sell. It was an intoxicating experience I still bare the shame for. the man & wife even called immediately back after I got their credit card just to check if the number was real, and of course it was. As you already know my faith, my spirit and my fear of god brought me to my senses. I started to question the owner in front of the "other" employees and I did my own Internet investigations including a back ground check on the owners & the DUI attorney daddy. I found what I was looking for and I was not quiet about it so they FIRED me. I expected as much. I needed to be fired to clear my conscious.

The place is still scamming to this day and they are still raking in the cash from unsuspecting timeshare young and old alike. I am sorry for my part in this SCAM. I just want you all to be aware of the fact that you should NOT pay an UPFRONT FEE. TO anyone ever. I find that this site is the best source of renting the timeshares out (by word of mouth).

Good luck to all and I am sorry if I hurt you who ever you are.

Aaron G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.