Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Nov 02, 2013

Don,

Of course you don't work for anyone.

John B.
Nov 02, 2013

Tracey... it's a SCAM !!!! He's just another scammer trying to get people to email him so he can isolate them and take their money claiming he can get them out of their timeshare just like all the other scammers that have used other technques.

Just like I told BJ Cooke and his scam machine that I would continue to post everytime he did I am telling this scammer the same thing. I will monitor the forum every day and post after him to warn people to avoid him.

Doesn't it make you wonder why he is so persistant if he is only a " customer " like he claims to be.

IT'S A SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it sounds " too good to be true " then IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE .

Don P.
Nov 02, 2013

Don does not know me nor my attorney, who has successfully gotten people out of timeshare ownership (including me). Why is Don so persistent in discrediting someone who:

1) Had a bad experience with a timeshare, 2) Finally found an attorney who has gotten many people out of timeshare ownership. 3) Is kind enough to offer that attorney's contact information to interested people?

The reason is Don represents a timeshare developer. That is all one can conclude.

Don is the scammer!

John B.

Last edited by johnb2353 on Nov 02, 2013 04:24 PM

Nov 02, 2013

By the way, Don will return here and write:

"It's a SCAM." That is his favorite word.

He's very predictable and should be ashamed of himself for trying to discredit an excellent attorney I know, and to whom I will continue to refer people.

John B.

Last edited by johnb2353 on Nov 02, 2013 04:29 PM

Nov 02, 2013

please disclose the name and contact method of your excellent and timeshare-knowledgeable attorney. we can all use a good recommendation.

thanks.

johnb2353 wrote:
Don does not know me nor my attorney, who has successfully gotten people out of timeshare ownership (including me). Why is Don so persistent in discrediting someone who:

1) Had a bad experience with a timeshare, 2) Finally found an attorney who has gotten many people out of timeshare ownership. 3) Is kind enough to offer that attorney's contact information to interested people?

The reason is Don represents a timeshare developer. That is all one can conclude.

Don is the scammer!

Chris V.
Nov 02, 2013

Chris, I will be happy to if you e-mail me. I am simply screening people for my attorney, who is flooded with requests to get out of timeshares. My e-mail address is jockwood@hotmail.com Thanks.

John B.
Nov 03, 2013

John2353 is a scammer. He wants you to contact him by email so he can isolate you and draw you into his phony attorney scam. Get the physical address of the attorney office and you will find out it's a scam. Check out the attorney and find out there is no office. The only want your " upfront " money.

Don P.
Nov 03, 2013

In the past 24 hours, I have referred three more individuals to my attorney. And yes, they get my attorney's name, office address and phone number. I will continue to refer people to my attorney. One of the functions of this forum is to help people who have had difficulties with timeshares. I have a resource to share, and will continue to do so. jockwood@hotmail.com

John B.
Nov 03, 2013

Johnb2353 is running a SCAM !!!!!

Don P.
Nov 03, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
In the past 24 hours, I have referred three more individuals to my attorney. And yes, they get my attorney's name, office address and phone number. I will continue to refer people to my attorney. One of the functions of this forum is to help people who have had difficulties with timeshares. I have a resource to share, and will continue to do so. jockwood@hotmail.com

This is what I wrote under another of your posts concerning your socalled attorney ..... if that attorney did get you out of the contract it was because it was the Manhattan Club in NYC ..... low in supply and high in demand .... they could easily turn around and sell it to someone else .... that's not the case with the vast majority of timeshares.

"You evidently owned a floating week and not a fixed week. With floating weeks (especially for timeshares that are in popular locations such as NYC) you have to make your reservations up to a year in advance. Owning such a floating week in such a popular location is not for the last minute vacation planner. IF (and I say IF) an attorney took your case and was successful in getting you out of your contract then the Manhatta Club evidently had someone waiting in the wings they could sell it to. NYC is a very expensive city for rental accomodations".

R P.
Nov 03, 2013

jayjay -- You are partly right, though I don't understand your use of the term "so-called attorney." I worked with a very effective licensed attorney. Regardless, there were many difficulties with The Manhattan Club. In addition to time being hard to get, they now rent their suites on the open market, functioning as a hotel would. That further decreases availability for owners. When I bought, that was not being done. It's a very difficult property with which to work. I am a business owner with other investments to manage. This, in the overall scheme of things, was a small investment. But it was still a money soak, and paying for nothing was not acceptable for me. You cannot just call them up and negotiate a deed back. They have all kinds of stalling tactics. Hence I turned it all over to an attorney.

John B.

Last edited by johnb2353 on Nov 03, 2013 02:04 PM

Dec 29, 2013

BEWARE,BEWARE,BEWARE OF THE LAW FIRM??? MILLER AND MARKEZ IN MEXICO CITY DO YOUR HOMEWORK. TRY TO GET SOME BIO'S OF THE ATTORNEYS. THEY ARE PHANTOMS...

Jim J.
Jan 02, 2014

I have also been contacted by Marketing Direct in Florida. Are going to get me thousands for my one bedroom unit every other year. They have a buyer waiting. There are so many scams out there. I told them I am the do not call list.

Sheila M.
Jan 03, 2014

sheilam206 wrote:
I have also been contacted by Marketing Direct in Florida. Are going to get me thousands for my one bedroom unit every other year. They have a buyer waiting. There are so many scams out there. I told them I am the do not call list.

Good for you using your gut instinct. They do not have a buyer .... what they will do is ask a large upfront fee from you and then put your timeshare on a list that no one will ever see .... all they want is that upfront fee,

R P.
Jan 27, 2014

Does anybody know anything about California attorney Mitchell Reed Sussman?

Susan I.
Jan 27, 2014

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/75107

His record is clean, but that's never a 100% guarantee of someone being a safe bet.

For future reference most questions like that can be answered by Google. For instance, with a question like this you would type in "California bar search" and it'll pull up a link to the page that allows you to search the records of the California Bar.

This isn't meant to discourage you from asking questions, but to give you more access to the information yourself.

J V.
Jan 27, 2014

His CA State Bar Association and his CA Real Estate Brokers licenses are both clean - no complaints lodged. His retainer retainer asks for a flat fee of $750, refundable if he cannot get you out of your timeshare. With all that's going on with timeshares, I'm still nervous about hiring him. There's no mention of him in any of the forums that I've found so far.

Susan I.
Jan 27, 2014

Did he or someone in his office cold call you? That's a red flag as well as the upfront fee of course. Every attorney I know thinks cold calling is an ethically reprehensible practice for a law firm to utilize (also, possibly illegal in certain states).

It appears as though he has filed a suit against Wyndham, which you can see here:

http://timesharelegalaction.com/wyndham-timeshare-owners-lawsuit.php

As someone who grew up around attorneys I avoid what I like to call "bus bench attorneys", which is what he appears to be.

I think you should browse Redweek for your other possible options, maybe speak with some of the veteran posters about options that won't cost you anything. You can contact your resort as well, some resorts do have buyback programs.

Based on principle though I can't tell you it's a good idea to pay him even though there's no negative information. He does appear to have a longstanding clean record in the areas of law and real estate.

susani67 wrote:
His CA State Bar Association and his CA Real Estate Brokers licenses are both clean - no complaints lodged. His retainer retainer asks for a flat fee of $750, refundable if he cannot get you out of your timeshare. With all that's going on with timeshares, I'm still nervous about hiring him. There's no mention of him in any of the forums that I've found so far.

J V.
Jan 28, 2014

If you can't walk into his office and physically see his staff working it's probably a scam. There is a phony attorney and para legal scam going around. I wouldn't give anyone a penny unless I can actually verify they have a practice in a real office.

Don P.
Jan 28, 2014

susani67 wrote:
His CA State Bar Association and his CA Real Estate Brokers licenses are both clean - no complaints lodged. His retainer retainer asks for a flat fee of $750, refundable if he cannot get you out of your timeshare.

What exactly are you hoping to accomplish by paying this attorney $750?

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.