Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Dec 15, 2007

amyv41 wrote:
2 years ago I worked at a timeshare scam. I am a single mother (it doesn't condone my actions but please understand). I easily made over 3k a WEEK at my resell job. The company has a really BAD rep online you will find them on ripoffreport.com.

The owner a very young guy and his pal run the place his pals father is an attorney and they are the lowest of the low.

I found the job being unemployed and afraid I answered an ad in the Orlando Sentinel for sales people. I have quite a bit of sales and marketing experience and they gladly took me aboard.

I soon realized that I was dealing with a timeshare scam by that time I had already been well on my way to making $156K for the year getting a 30% commission on every deal I sold.

As you may be able to imagine I was having a worldly & spirally binding war within my self. I can still remember how excited that the whole office was when the first hour I made my first sell. It was an intoxicating experience I still bare the shame for. the man & wife even called immediately back after I got their credit card just to check if the number was real, and of course it was. As you already know my faith, my spirit and my fear of god brought me to my senses. I started to question the owner in front of the "other" employees and I did my own Internet investigations including a back ground check on the owners & the DUI attorney daddy. I found what I was looking for and I was not quiet about it so they FIRED me. I expected as much. I needed to be fired to clear my conscious.

The place is still scamming to this day and they are still raking in the cash from unsuspecting timeshare young and old alike. I am sorry for my part in this SCAM. I just want you all to be aware of the fact that you should NOT pay an UPFRONT FEE. TO anyone ever. I find that this site is the best source of renting the timeshares out (by word of mouth).

Good luck to all and I am sorry if I hurt you who ever you are.

What was the name of this company?

Timothy H.
Feb 01, 2008

Although you can call the office & report companies, the AG does very little about it until they have a huge number of complaints. It is much more likely you would get a result thru a class action suit. I filed online, then sent all the copied information by mail & still haven't heard of any action since last year.

Suzy C.
Feb 02, 2008

I have been hounded by IBD matrketing and almost took the bait, but having read all the info here on redweek about upfront fees, I told that "Brian Davis" that I would pay after he sold my property and I would give him the full price of $899 plus extra to make it $1800 if he did sell it for the $28,000 he "promised" he could sell it for. I got a laugh that he told me that it was ILLEGAL for him to do it that way !!!!! The price they want now is $150 to "advertise" with them. They just don't give up. I'm thinking I'll go to florida and visit their office and ask for this fella. I used to be a pro wrestler and I would like to see the look on his face as he's looking up to to me at 7' 8" and 480 lbs !!!

Ben D.
Feb 03, 2008

bend40 wrote:
I have been hounded by IBD matrketing and almost took the bait, but having read all the info here on redweek about upfront fees, I told that "Brian Davis" that I would pay after he sold my property and I would give him the full price of $899 plus extra to make it $1800 if he did sell it for the $28,000 he "promised" he could sell it for. I got a laugh that he told me that it was ILLEGAL for him to do it that way !!!!! The price they want now is $150 to "advertise" with them. They just don't give up. I'm thinking I'll go to florida and visit their office and ask for this fella. I used to be a pro wrestler and I would like to see the look on his face as he's looking up to to me at 7' 8" and 480 lbs !!!

This is how they snare their clients, quoting some outrageous price they say they can get for your timeshare .... it's all a scam.

R P.
Feb 04, 2008

bend40 wrote:
Do not use the people. Theu just keep your money and do nothing.They put you on there web site and that is it.You do not get any hits on your timeshare. They took me for $499.00.

Sheila S.
Feb 04, 2008

I THINK THEY'RE OUT OF BUSINESS (IBD MARKETING). TRIED TO CALL THEIR PHONE NUMBER AND DISCONNECTED. CHECKED FLORIDA BUSINESS DOCUMENTS AND FOUND THAT THE OWNER IS/WAS RICHARD P BEATRICE. HE'S HAD ABOUT 8 ADDRESSES ACROSS SEVERAL STATES. SAME FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE LISTED ON THE OWNERSHIP, JOHN M BEATRICE AND KAREN A WHITEAR. THE IBD WEBSITE DOESN'T ACCESS ALL THOSE UNITS ANYMORE.

Ben D.
Feb 05, 2008

Anyone have problems with Omega Marketing Solutions? I am sending complaints about them to BBB, FL AG,& Dept of AG & Consumer. The more I can tell them, the better. Thanks.

Suzy C.
Feb 05, 2008

suzyc6 wrote:
Anyone have problems with Omega Marketing Solutions? I am sending complaints about them to BBB, FL AG,& Dept of AG & Consumer. The more I can tell them, the better. Thanks.

Use the search feature (top right hand corner under 'I WANT TO .........') and you will find many comments concerning Omega Marketing Solutions.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 05, 2008 05:59 AM

Mar 05, 2008

Thieves have many faces and characteristics. The real scam artists are the timeshares thamselves. For example, paying 15,000 dollars for a vacation you only used once isn't a scam? Plus the 500-700 dollars a year paid to the resorts for upkeep. The Timeshares like Wyndam, Starwood, Blue-Green don't have resale programs that work. Heck, they just want you to stop using so they can rent it out. The fact is that minutes after you sign the contract on your timeshare, in most cases, it is only worth pennies on a dollar. For example, I have seen $20,000 timeshares resell for 500 dollars. A timeshare is a luxury item, only good if you use it. I am convinced that the timeshare companies like having people call them on the phone and tell them their timeshare is worth an inflated amount. It pumps up the empty balloon which is the time share value. Listing companies take your money, don't advertise their website, and no offers ever come in. Timeshares are selling, but not near the price people want. Remember the scam artists are the Timeshare salesman that sold it to gullible people.

Carmine P.
Mar 13, 2008

amyv41 wrote:
ghulamalig wrote:
amyv41 wrote:
2 years ago I worked at a timeshare scam. I am a single mother (it doesn't condone my actions but please understand). I easily made over 3k a WEEK at my resell job. The company has a really BAD rep online you will find them on ripoffreport.com.

The owner a very young guy and his pal run the place his pals father is an attorney and they are the lowest of the low.

I found the job being unemployed and afraid I answered an ad in the Orlando Sentinel for sales people. I have quite a bit of sales and marketing experience and they gladly took me aboard.

I soon realized that I was dealing with a timeshare scam by that time I had already been well on my way to making $156K for the year getting a 30% commission on every deal I sold.

As you may be able to imagine I was having a worldly & spirally binding war within my self. I can still remember how excited that the whole office was when the first hour I made my first sell. It was an intoxicating experience I still bare the shame for. the man & wife even called immediately back after I got their credit card just to check if the number was real, and of course it was. As you already know my faith, my spirit and my fear of god brought me to my senses. I started to question the owner in front of the "other" employees and I did my own Internet investigations including a back ground check on the owners & the DUI attorney daddy. I found what I was looking for and I was not quiet about it so they FIRED me. I expected as much. I needed to be fired to clear my conscious.

The place is still scamming to this day and they are still raking in the cash from unsuspecting timeshare young and old alike. I am sorry for my part in this SCAM. I just want you all to be aware of the fact that you should NOT pay an UPFRONT FEE. TO anyone ever. I find that this site is the best source of renting the timeshares out (by word of mouth).

Thankyou very very much for this vital info. about not giving upfront fee. I am trying to sell my time share westgate town center at orlando but all companies want upfront fee, which I refuse to pay. Could you please advise me how I sell this time share. thankyou

Yes. You should go to your resorts in house resell office. If your resort is not able to resell please avoid UP FRONT FEES OF ANY KIND even through a so called lic real estate broker/agent, However, a licensed professional is regulated by the FREC in Florida and the laws about upfront fees are very clear they can not take up front fees EVER, for more info contact the DBR dept of business regulations. GOOD LUCK. I feel for you.

What about GMAC timshare resales, I spoke with one of their reps today and she wanted $1200 registration fee that is when I politely told her no Thank you and hung up. I've been scammed before lost $600, not doing it again. But I thought by contacting GMAC, it would be legit, I mean I was under the impression they were a real estate company. So who should I contact? I am an owner at Bluegreen.

Miranda H.
Mar 13, 2008

carminep4 wrote:
Thieves have many faces and characteristics. The real scam artists are the timeshares thamselves. For example, paying 15,000 dollars for a vacation you only used once isn't a scam? Plus the 500-700 dollars a year paid to the resorts for upkeep. The Timeshares like Wyndam, Starwood, Blue-Green don't have resale programs that work. Heck, they just want you to stop using so they can rent it out. The fact is that minutes after you sign the contract on your timeshare, in most cases, it is only worth pennies on a dollar. For example, I have seen $20,000 timeshares resell for 500 dollars. A timeshare is a luxury item, only good if you use it. I am convinced that the timeshare companies like having people call them on the phone and tell them their timeshare is worth an inflated amount. It pumps up the empty balloon which is the time share value. Listing companies take your money, don't advertise their website, and no offers ever come in. Timeshares are selling, but not near the price people want. Remember the scam artists are the Timeshare salesman that sold it to gullible people.
I am an owner at Bluegreen and seeing your post has just crushed me, My husband and I blindly bought into the whole scene. And of course we were told that if we ever wanted to resale it that each year the price of our 10,000 pts that we receive each year, would just keep going up. Yesterday I had one of those resale reps call me and offered me $1000.00 to my timeshare. I just laughed. We paid right at $30,000 and I was offered $1,000, that's how much our points went up.But seriously can anyone tell me a legit co. to get to resell our timeshare, with no upfront fees? I did a search for timeshare brokers, and GMAC came up. I figured OK a legit real estate co. this is GREAT. When I spoke with the lady on the phone all was going great then she asked for a $1200 registration fee, that's when I said no thank you and hung up. So who can you trust?

Miranda H.
Mar 13, 2008

mirandah13 [I am an owner at Bluegreen and seeing your post has just crushed me, My husband and I blindly bought into the whole scene. And of course we were told that if we ever wanted to resale it that each year the price of our 10,000 pts that we receive each year, would just keep going up. Yesterday I had one of those resale reps call me and offered me $1000.00 to my timeshare. I just laughed. We paid right at $30,000 and I was offered $1,000, that's how much our points went up.But seriously can anyone tell me a legit co. to get to resell our timeshare, with no upfront fees? I did a search for timeshare brokers, and GMAC came up. I figured OK a legit real estate co. this is GREAT. When I spoke with the lady on the phone all was going great then she asked for a $1200 registration fee, that's when I said no thank you and hung up. So who can you trust?[/Q]

Go to 'I want to .... search forums' on the right side of this page and enter 'no upfront free timeshare resale companies'. There are several listed there.

R P.
Mar 13, 2008

There's also a guy on www.tugbbs.com with the screen name of BocaBum that specializes in Bluegreen points. You might want to contact him with your questions. There's also a Bluegree forum there. You'll have to register on Tug to contact BocaBum but you don't have to pay to be a guest. Paying members are the ones that want to enter the speicalized areas and the review section.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 13, 2008 02:19 PM

Mar 13, 2008

mirandah13 wrote:
carminep4 wrote:
I am an owner at Bluegreen and seeing your post has just crushed me, My husband and I blindly bought into the whole scene. And of course we were told that if we ever wanted to resale it that each year the price of our 10,000 pts that we receive each year, would just keep going up. Yesterday I had one of those resale reps call me and offered me $1000.00 to my timeshare. I just laughed. We paid right at $30,000 and I was offered $1,000, that's how much our points went up.But seriously can anyone tell me a legit co. to get to resell our timeshare, with no upfront fees? I did a search for timeshare brokers, and GMAC came up. I figured OK a legit real estate co. this is GREAT. When I spoke with the lady on the phone all was going great then she asked for a $1200 registration fee, that's when I said no thank you and hung up. So who can you trust?

Chances are that you won't see the $30,000 for your timeshare but you can add it to RedWeek.com for a year membership and sale posting for a total of $64.98.

Best of luck!

Marty

Marty F
Mar 18, 2008

Miranda, Go to bluegreen@yahoogroups.com if you want more Bluegreen information. The guy jayjay mentioned called BocaBum is frequently in the discussions there (and it's free.) Boca works with Pinnacle which is an authorized resale outfit related to Bluegreen. For this reason, he can resell without the new buyer losing the VIP perks etc. that your ownership may currently have. This makes it a better buy for a prospective purchaser, even while earning the seller a bit more.

EDITED: Just went to the BG site and picked up this information: "Boca Bum" bocabum1999@yahoo.com is Jim's direct address. In part of the posting he says,"For those who want to learn more about buying, selling or renting Bluegreen Points, check out my websites in the links below: Bluegreen Resales: www.bgexperts.com "

However, you may decide to keep and enjoy your Bluegreen ownership. Most of the owners on that site seem to be rather happy campers. MD

Mary D.

Last edited by adahiscout on Mar 18, 2008 10:39 PM

Mar 19, 2008

adahiscout wrote:
Miranda, Go to bluegreen@yahoogroups.com if you want more Bluegreen information. The guy jayjay mentioned called BocaBum is frequently in the discussions there (and it's free.) Boca works with Pinnacle which is an authorized resale outfit related to Bluegreen. For this reason, he can resell without the new buyer losing the VIP perks etc. that your ownership may currently have. This makes it a better buy for a prospective purchaser, even while earning the seller a bit more.

EDITED: Just went to the BG site and picked up this information: "Boca Bum" bocabum1999@yahoo.com is Jim's direct address. In part of the posting he says,"For those who want to learn more about buying, selling or renting Bluegreen Points, check out my websites in the links below: Bluegreen Resales: www.bgexperts.com "

However, you may decide to keep and enjoy your Bluegreen ownership. Most of the owners on that site seem to be rather happy campers. MD

Thaks guys for all the info. I will give it a try.

Miranda H.
Mar 20, 2008

mirandah13 wrote:
amyv41 wrote:
ghulamalig wrote:
amyv41 wrote:

Thankyou very very much for this vital info. about not giving upfront fee. I am trying to sell my time share westgate town center at orlando but all companies want upfront fee, which I refuse to pay. Could you please advise me how I sell this time share. thankyou

Yes. You should go to your resorts in house resell office. If your resort is not able to resell please avoid UP FRONT FEES OF ANY KIND even through a so called lic real estate broker/agent, However, a licensed professional is regulated by the FREC in Florida and the laws about upfront fees are very clear they can not take up front fees EVER, for more info contact the DBR dept of business regulations. GOOD LUCK. I feel for you.

What about GMAC timshare resales, I spoke with one of their reps today and she wanted $1200 registration fee that is when I politely told her no Thank you and hung up. I've been scammed before lost $600, not doing it again. But I thought by contacting GMAC, it would be legit, I mean I was under the impression they were a real estate company. So who should I contact? I am an owner at Bluegreen.
If you contact a Realtor and they tell you that you should pay anything upfront you should report them to the Real Estate Board for the County they work in. If it is a State that allows upfront fees like Missouri you should contact the division that handles timeshare and complain until somebody listens. If you contact Century 21, RE/MAX, GMAC or any other Company that is a franchise they are usually required to belong to the real estate board. Then you have someplace to complain to that will usually take action. If it is a smaller real estate company they do not have to belong to the Board of Realtors so you have to complain to the Department of Business and Professional Regulatory Board that handles real estate licenses. It will be different in each state. If it is in Florida email me and I will give you the proper association that handles the problem or at least listens to the problem. If they get enough complaints they will do something. I was just told by an attorney that there is nothing wrong with charging an upfront fee. After all if the person went to the local newspaper they would have to pay ahead for their advertising. Real estate companies are not advertising companies. He is correct that an advertising company should be allowed to charge an upfront fee. What they should not be able to do is lie to collect the fee. Since I shop these companies all the time I am very familiar with the lies. The bottom line is you NEVER have to pay an upfront fee to sell timeshare. If RE/MAX, GMAC or Century 21 or any other company sends you to an advertising company you should run the other way and you should report them to the Board of Realtors for their county.

Jay K.
Mar 23, 2008

suzyc6 wrote:
YES I GAVE OMEGA M>S. 500.00[504 to be exact] in october 2006.all the statements are right,I was very vulnerable and anxious to sell since i never utilized my week.I thought i checked these scavengers out pretty good but I was wrong.I called them several times after waiting about 4 months to hear from them. David Rich was NEVER available.They emailed me ONE time in April or may of 2007 to say they are strenulously marketing my week!!!!! March 2008 I have never heard from them again. To get my money back would be wonderful but to see them totally out of business would be great so they can not prey on any other innocent victims! I am a trusting person, however I have learned from these bottom feeders that not all of our fellow brothers and sisters are NOT GOING TO FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE OF DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!!! aliceb47

Alice B.
Jun 08, 2008

I went to this website and they told me what to do.

try it an let me know what happens.

http://www.freewebs.com/timeshareexpert/index.htm

C C.
Jun 09, 2008

aliceb47 wrote:
suzyc6 wrote:
YES I GAVE OMEGA M>S. 500.00[504 to be exact] in october 2006.all the statements are right,I was very vulnerable and anxious to sell since i never utilized my week.I thought i checked these scavengers out pretty good but I was wrong.I called them several times after waiting about 4 months to hear from them. David Rich was NEVER available.They emailed me ONE time in April or may of 2007 to say they are strenulously marketing my week!!!!! March 2008 I have never heard from them again. To get my money back would be wonderful but to see them totally out of business would be great so they can not prey on any other innocent victims! I am a trusting person, however I have learned from these bottom feeders that not all of our fellow brothers and sisters are NOT GOING TO FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE OF DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!!! aliceb47
Alice you never will hear from them either...they took your money..the salesman david rich made probally up 50% commission and that is that...sorry

Carmine P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.