Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

May 18, 2009

peterp151 wrote:
What then is your definition of a scam? Any company who says or implies in any way you can rent or sell your timeshare for an unrealistic price?

Not only that, many upfront fee resale/rental companies tell prospective clients that they have people waiting in line to buy or rent their timeshare at extravagant unrealistic prices. In other words many lie to the prospective client telling them what they want to hear. The testimonials are here if you care to search for them. Also, many resale companies tell prospective clients that they offer a money back guarantee, but when the client calls to get their money back all they get is an answering machine or the company has closed shop.

Quote:
Any company who charges too much for the listing/service? Any company who has no intention of providing the service owners pay for? Or any company who implies they can get your unit sold/rented that you pay money to and then your unit doesn't sell/rent?

All of the above ......

Quote:
I consider a scam as follows: Any company who does not intend to market your unit with the intention to work towards getting your unit sold/rented.

The vast majority of resale companies put a client's timeshare in an obscure database that no one will ever see ...... they don't actively market the timeshare and if they did the price of the rental or sale, that they've claimed/quoted the clients can get is so high that nobody in their right mind would bite. If buyers and renters wanted to pay developer/resort prices then they would do so directly from the resort, not a third party.

Quote:
Redweek and SMTN both work to improve their internet presence in order to bring more people to their sites to view, inquire and hopefully complete deals with owners. That's their responsibility regardless of what the sales staff says to you about what your unit is worth.

I don't know anything about SMTN, but if they charge an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars then they are in no way like Redweek's classified ads that charge a minimal fee for sales and rental ads. Therein lies the difference and Redweek has over a million members and their site gets millions of hits a day from people looking to buy, sale or rent a timeshare. They also advertise in many different media publications as well as billboards (we saw two in the Kissimmee area last year).

Quote:
It is then the owners' responsibility to price their unit .....

Most owners don't have a clue as to what to price their timeshares ..... many owners merely think they can sell for what they paid the developer and any timeshare educated person knows that you will get nowhere on resale what you paid a developer, but many upfront fee companies tell prospective clients exactly what they want to hear (that it's worth is what was paid the developer) knowing full well it won't happen.

Quote:
It's the owners' responsibility to learn and know what to do.

Exactly, and that's why we regular posters are here everyday on Redweek ..... to try and educate the unknowing timeshare owner about all phases of timesharing and all the scams involving such out there.

Quote:
I agree SMTN sales staff have embellished a number of points to me. They at times represented offers made on their site to owners are somewhat like negotiated prices. Apparently people believe these misrepresentations and then call SMTN a scam. I agree these actions are dishonest. But this type of misreprresentation is perpetuated upon us all the time.

Anytime untruths or embellishments are told to clients by a company then it is a scam, period. I don't know who you do business with in your personal life, but I don't do business with anyone that outright lies or embellishes anything concerning their business practices.

Quote:
I wish you not insinuat I am a shill merely because I disagreed with you initially.

I never called you a shill. I said that there are many shills that come onto these forums praising their upfront fee companies. Unless you own or are employed by SMTN, then you are not a shill.

Quote:
....... (you now agree low up front fee companies are not necessarily scams which was a part of my initial statement) yet you chose to accentuate "large up front fees" which we have not discussed in order to continue disagreeing where you can. How much then is a large up front fee?

In case you haven't been paying attention, I have reiterated many times that any company that charges an upfront fee in the hundred/thousands of dollars is a scam.

Quote:
You have not specifically contested my statements I sold on SMTN which is known to charge $200 to $900 up front. Are these large fees or not? Are you saling their sales process is a scam, the fees are a scam, or that the entire function of SMTN is a scam?

Why would any person in their right mind pay any company $200 - $900 to supposedly resale their timeshare ..... it's because of all the lies told the prospective client by the resale agent, that's why.

Quote:
Heck, I haven't paid (on average to a specific company) more than $300/unit for advertising/selling and I hate paying that unless I have a very high assurance the payment results in the sale of a unit.

How can any company assure that your timeshare will sell? This is ludicrous as there are millions upon millions of timeshare weeks for sell. How can they guarantee your's will sell. In the timeshare world, it's all about supply and demand of the resort and time owned and in this economy only the strong will sell at all then at a ridiculously low price at that.

It's a buyers market, not a seller's market ..... as a matter of fact, I don't think the timeshare industry will ever recover in the future. People have adjusted their spending habits due to this flailing economy and they won't be buying a luxury items such as timeshares ..... renting perhaps at reasonable prices, but they won't be buying. This ecomomy has taught people valuable lessons and the Dave Ramseys and Suze Ormans of this country. Everyone I know is cutting back drastically.

Quote:
Here I am then, completely willing to prove I have paid up front fees which resulted in the sale of timeshares. I'm shocked you are so confident no one has ever paid a large up front fee and been able to sell a timeshare. It's done on SMTN which is an up front fee site. They would not likely be so large if they were not enabling bookings and sales to occur.

I don't have documented proof that SMTN sold your timeshare and many upfront fee resale sites are very large because they have scammed so many unknowing people by telling them untruths and outright lies ..... they put on a show with their fancy websites, but that doesn't mean a thing.

Quote:
I have sold multiple timeshares thru the ads I paid for on SellMyTimeshareNow, primarily The Historic Powhatan Resort, Scottsdale Villa Mirage, and I believe Sedona Summit or The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort. While I have listed units for sale on Redweek I have not yet sold any thru this website but I have rented some units to people. I've had great success renting from other owners on this site!

I sold nine timeshare weeks myself via internet timeshare ad sites such as Redweek, etc. and I didn't pay out hundreds of dollars in doing so, however I priced my weeks competitively because I bought all but one on the resale market and the one I bought from the developer I lost money on bigtime, however I don't blame the developer I blame myself for not doing my homework before signing on that dotted line. Edcuation and research is the key .... after I bought the developer week (too late to rescind) I started researching timesharing backwards and forwards and in and out thus educating myself.

Quote:
I paid Universal Marketing Solutions $3,400 to buy or otherwise enable another buyer to buy 11 of my timeshares, pretty much all at once.

Why would anyone buy 11 timeshare weeks when they would be responsible for 11 yearly maintenance fees and possible special assessments? The owner who supposedly bought your 11 timeshare weeks will be responsible for all fees related to those weeks until hid death and even after that his estate is responsible for the fees until the weeks are sold or changes hands. This sounds unrealistic when one can pick up a nice timeshare on Ebay for 1 cent to $1.

Quote:
I'm not a shill, please don't call me one because I disagree with you.

I haven't called you a shill, yet, but the more you post the more you're beginning to sound like one .... sorry, I call it like I see it.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 18, 2009 09:14 AM

May 18, 2009

I briefly checked out SMTN's webpage and I didn't see anywhere on the site where they list their fees for buying, selling or renting timeshares. I don't trust any company that doesn't post all it's upfront fees on their main web page ... what's there to hide?

R P.
May 19, 2009

Aparently we will never agree then. I'm disappointed you continue to claim I'm not telling the truth based on the fact you have no interest in seeing the truth. I offered to provide documents, and it's pretty easy to look up the deeded transfers at each county website to verify my docs are valid. Go ahead then and find another excuse why you can't find documentable proof. Based on your last response though, you aren't looking in places where you will find it and I think you know that.

Go ahead and keep your head in the sand, this is exactly why people make mistakes and blame others for events which could have been avoided. I will only provide one response to all your rebutals since the theme between us is repetitive.

I said "Heck, I haven't paid (on average to a specific company) more than $300/unit for advertising/selling and I hate paying that unless I have a very high assurance the payment results in the sale of a unit."

You then said "How can any company assure that your timeshare will sell?"

I have two responses.

First, while you continue to insist on using free or low fee vendors even though you have not provided any evidence the vendors actually result in sales, I explained that before I paid SMTN I took the time to verify the site had the most traffic of all timeshare sites in the world. As I said before I believe VRBO now has that title. The website tracking evidence was convincing to me that high traffic results in potential inquiries which provides a higher probability of bookings/sales when compared to other lower traffic sites. While I haven't paid VRBO for listings yet, their high traffic goes hand in hand with people who tell me they have success on the site. I don't get why their site works, which holds me back from paying for a listing. But I'm not letting my view about their site prevent me from admitting the site appears to work very well.

Second, I insisted with UMS that before I pay any money, we both sign a contract specifying that for each unit which didn't complete closing within 60 days, I would receive a prorated refund of the up front fee for the units which did not "sell". Since I was paid for all 11 units before the 60 days was up, I haven't asked for any refunds. I am aware of at least one unit which is still in my name though. It's a Royal Holiday Club where the maintenance for FY10 is now due. I'm trying to allow time to pass since I know RHC is very slow to transfer ownership but another clause in my contract allows me to re-posess the unit if it is not transferred out of my name when the maintenance becomes overdue.

So OK, don't believe me. Why then, have you not contacted me to see my docs? It's pretty easy to match a copy of a doc to a County record on the web these days. I know why, you don't want to find out I was telling the truth!

Let's stop arguing. We both agree there are a lot of scams. I just wish people would stop over reacting. What would be nice is if we could get legislation passed to punish more of these scam companies as well as all forms of timeshare sales tactics which cause people to pay money they probably shouldn't. and I'm talking about direct sales tactics as well as resale listing scams.

Beck
May 19, 2009

As long as any resale company charges an upfront fee in the hundreds to thousands of dollars I will continue my crusade against them, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Why would it be so hard for the company you praise so highly to charge a fee after they sell? I know that you'll say, "well they're not licensed real estate agents so therefore they have to take any fees (they call them marketing, advertising, listing etc) before they sell". This is total BS in my opinion as they can most certainly take any fees after they sell, they just can't cal the fees commission.

Would you list your home on the market with a real estate company that would charge you an upfront fee ..... absolutely not ..... should be no differrence with timeshares.

Again, all upfront fee parasites have spoiled the entire barrel of apples, however I'm glad that you're satisfied with your upfront fee company.

R P.
May 20, 2009

jayjay wrote:
As long as any resale company charges an upfront fee in the hundreds to thousands of dollars I will continue my crusade against them, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Why would it be so hard for the company you praise so highly to charge a fee after they sell? I know that you'll say, "well they're not licensed real estate agents so therefore they have to take any fees (they call them marketing, advertising, listing etc) before they sell". This is total BS in my opinion as they can most certainly take any fees after they sell, they just can't cal the fees commission.

Would you list your home on the market with a real estate company that would charge you an upfront fee ..... absolutely not ..... should be no differrence with timeshares.

Again, all upfront fee parasites have spoiled the entire barrel of apples, however I'm glad that you're satisfied with your upfront fee company.

Jay Jay, There are real estate companies that charge upfront fees to sell houses. They do quite well. What they do is a comparative market analysis for the Seller and then put the listing in the MLS for the Seller. The Seller pays a $500-$600 fee for this service. The Seller does everything else. What they don't do is lie to the Seller about the price. They don't tell the Seller that there will be no additional Broker fees. If you call SMTN they will tell you prices that are out of site and tell you there are no Broker fees but if the property is sold by their Broker Company there is definitely a Brokers fee. And I will guarantee you it will not sell for the price that is quoted to the Seller when they are collecting their upfront fee. There is nothing wrong with the upfront fee. It is the lies that are told to collect them. What you should be talking about is the fact that they collect an upfront fee and then collect a Brokers commission.

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
May 21, 2009

judik7 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

Jay Jay, There are real estate companies that charge upfront fees to sell houses. They do quite well. What they do is a comparative market analysis for the Seller and then put the listing in the MLS for the Seller. The Seller pays a $500-$600 fee for this service. The Seller does everything else. What they don't do is lie to the Seller about the price. They don't tell the Seller that there will be no additional Broker fees. If you call SMTN they will tell you prices that are out of site and tell you there are no Broker fees but if the property is sold by their Broker Company there is definitely a Brokers fee. And I will guarantee you it will not sell for the price that is quoted to the Seller when they are collecting their upfront fee. There is nothing wrong with the upfront fee. It is the lies that are told to collect them. What you should be talking about is the fact that they collect an upfront fee and then collect a Brokers commission.

Throughout the years we've sold 3 houses ..... we would never, ever even consider paying an upfront fee to a real estate agency to list any of those homes. The comparative anaylsis and listing in the MLS brochure was included in the contract at no charge and on top of that we got an appraisal with a professional appraiser (at our cost) to be on the safe side. The agents had to WORK to sell those houses if they wanted the commission.

Again, I would never consider paying an upfront fee to a real estate agent or a timeshare resale company to sell my home or my timeshare.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 21, 2009 08:36 AM

May 21, 2009

judik7 wrote:
There are real estate companies that charge upfront fees to sell houses. They do quite well. What they do is a comparative market analysis for the Seller and then put the listing in the MLS for the Seller. The Seller pays a $500-$600 fee for this service. The Seller does everything else.

jayjay wrote:
Throughout the years we've sold 3 houses ..... we would never, ever even consider paying an upfront fee to a real estate agency to list any of those homes. The comparative anaylsis and listing in the MLS brochure was included in the contract at no charge and on top of that we got an appraisal with a professional appraiser (at our cost) to be on the safe side. The agents had to WORK to sell those houses if they wanted the commission.

Jayjay, I'm guessing judi is referring to paying a fee to get a market analysis, get it listed on a MLS site, then basically do a For Sale By Owner; a real estate agent is not involved. So while I would not pay an agency an upfront fee to sell my home, I would consider fees to assist selling my home without an agent. If the fee gets access to MLS, so be it. It's also easier to research a true market value for a house vs a timeshare.

As judi said the biggest scam is the lies, not responding to customer complaints, etc. BUT if these companies told you the truth, then they would never get the business. If owners did a little research as to how little their TS is worth, then they wouln't be suckered by a Co who claims it is worth thousands more. If a person has a valuable TS, then it should sell fairly easily, with or without an upfront fee company. As for SMTN, at least if you google Timeshare Resales, their name comes up as a choice, some of the other outfits do not.

Mike N.
May 21, 2009

I don't believe anymore that real estate agents work very hard to sell houses. Certainly there are agents who work very hard to sell houses. But the process I've experienced suggests very few agents work had when selling. They work hard to get people to list and they work hard to keep their clients believing they are working hard selling. But in my experience, the real work is getting buyers to choose a house and buy it. Selling is all about listing the house on the MLS. It's the agents who bring buyers to the house because the MLS or websites relying on the MLS make the house available to be found that counts. There is nothing like this for timeshares. Some timeshares are on the MLS, some sites or companies work hard to provide what the MLS provides. But nothing works for timeshares yet (not even the MLS) like the MLS works for housing.

A number of times (more than 10) I paid up front fees between $300 and $500 to have my houses (rentals, personal, and even a grandmother's) placed on the MLS where I did not use a broker to represent me. I still paid the buyer's agent 1.5%-2.75%. JayJay, I paid in advance to get listed on the MLS to save 1%-3% the selling agent would normally charge. That's a huge savings. I had to do the work the selling agent would normally do but I was comfortable with that. If you are unwilling to spend $500 for an option like this, it comes down to a few basic points: 1) You prefer to have an agent do the work and it doesn't matter how much additional money you are paying on the back end for this service. That's fine, but please stop insisting people who do it with the up front fee are doing something wrong. Especially in the case of regular homes, the MLS is the Valhalla of marketing engines and while sales agents can do a great job for people I get the feeling there is a lot of hype to what they represent they do. Getting listed on the MLS is what's critical. 2) If you're just going to refuse to pay an up front fee, nothing I can say to change your mind. Just recognize you wouldn't do it but it can be beneficial for others. Or do you need me to provide proof how I sold the houses so you won't call me an MLS shill?

Unfortunately, the process of an orderly marketplace for timeshares is not as efficient as selling your home. Thus our dilemma.

BTW, I have also sold a number of timeshares thru SMTN's broker service which I have previously mentioned as Timeshare Broker Services. The buyer has always paid the broker fee rather than me but I suppose this could be because I have so many listings with SMTN. I sold a few units thru TBS, one we are working on currently is a DRI US Collecitons 5,000 point contract. Currently the buyer is considering withdrawing because they want to get the contract back into Club and DRI wants to charge about $6k (re-sale buyer must buy about 2,000 points from DRI in order to get the resale purchase back into Club). IMHO it is DRI who is the scammer but DRI is doing what everyone would like to do - make some money. But I digress. I'm selling my 5,000 point contract for $1,500 with the buyer paying the broker fee to TBS of $1,500, plus closing costs and the resort transfer fee. I don't know the conversation between TBS and the Buyer. But TBS knows I won't sell a $1,500 timeshare and pay a $1,500 fee. I don't know the normal pitch TBS makes since my first conversation with Bob at TBS for the first unit he brokered has set the trend for my other sales thru him. In my case, we agree on a price which tends to be in line with what I'm selling my units for on my own, and the buyer pays all other costs at closing.

Please don't call me a shill for TBS. Contact me via ad R416945 and in addition to asking to rent that unit you may also communicate with me about my docs for the subject transactions. I've already said my experience is probably different that for other people. Maybe a $1,500 lising fee is far too much. I have declined to pay fees this high in advance. TBS is licensed though, and they can take the fee on the back end and in my case they do so I assume there must be some way they make this work for other people as well.

Beck
May 21, 2009

BTW,

I was called on my home phone from The Vacation Depot on Tuesday. This worries me a bit because ALL my timeshare contact info is via my cell phone and only my first Fairfiled timeshare used my home phone, which Wyndham now has my cell since I changed the contact info. Since I receive 1-20 calls a week from these listing companies (two today from area code 561 which I was unable to answer) on my cell phone it bothers me they are now calling my home number since it's on the do not call registry.

the first call from TVD was a basic first inquiry, the guy was not very bright and there was a lot of noise in the background due to his call center. The call back however was by Amanda who is very professional sounding. Smooth delivery of the process they use to get units sold. But they charge $898 to get a unit listed which they claim will sell for over $20,000 for a 2BR in Branson. And after two calls they still haven't verified what I actually own by name, I couldn't remember the specific name of my DRI units in Branson (The Suites at Fall Creek which I think have been renamed recently, I looked it up before posting!).

Anyway, Amanda is very nice and professional sounding. But I find it odd they can quote me pricing on a unit for a resort which they have not verified the name of. I'll keep you posted, so far they have sent me an e-mail with a froo froo flyer talking about how they can help me so much and a sample contract. What scares me most is not only does their contract have the "we aren't responsible" text, they are only liable to providing a refund if I sell my unit without their help within the first 90 days - and only if I sell within 20% (or any price higher) of the contracted listing price.

I'm going to spend a little more time working her, but I did submit a complaint to the West Palm Beach BBB where TVD is a member. Amanda made a statement about the non-taxibility of a profitable timeshare to a certain price point which concerned me and I thought to complain about it and other aspects of the sales presentation.

Not that I think I'll have a successful sale thru them, I can't see anyone paying $20,000 for a resale timeshare like mine. Amanda said they work with corporate clients who pay more. I'll work it a little just to see but I'm not hopeful. My goal is to use the BBB complaint to get TVD to agree to charge me the $898 during close, or on a similar condition I made with Universal Marketing Solutions. Amanda was resolute on Tuesday about their fee system when I made the statement about no longer paying up front so I doubt I will be successful.

Beck
May 22, 2009

I'm curious about you fellows who speak of having sold so many timeshares--9 here, 11 there! How did you happen to accumulate so many which you seem not to want? MD

Mary D.
May 23, 2009

peterp151I don't believe anymore that real estate agents work very hard to sell houses. Certainly there are agents who work very hard to sell houses. But the process I've experienced suggests very few agents work had when selling. They work hard to get people to list and they work hard to keep their clients believing they are working hard selling. But in my experience, the real work is getting buyers to choose a house and buy it.

Peter, you and I definitely agree on the above. The MLS listing is what sells a house, not an agent, but they get credit for the listing and get commission no matter what agent sells the house.

Our previous home was on a waterway about 20 miles from the nearest town and only people interested in buying on water would have been interested in our listing and they could find that in the MLS brochure themselves ..... it was a slam/dunk for the agent that sold it and the agent that listed it.

R P.
May 23, 2009

peterp151 wrote:
A number of times (more than 10) I paid up front fees between $300 and $500 to have my houses (rentals, personal, and even a grandmother's) placed on the MLS where I did not use a broker to represent me. I still paid the buyer's agent 1.5%-2.75%. JayJay, I paid in advance to get listed on the MLS to save 1%-3% the selling agent would normally charge. That's a huge savings. I had to do the work the selling agent would normally do but I was comfortable with that. If you are unwilling to spend $500 for an option like this ....

We were never given the option above, but even if we had there would have probably been more tire kickers than truly interested people. Tire kickers would have been curious to know what a house on the water was like, not really being interested in buying. I don't have a lot of patience with tire kickers, so it was probably best that we listed with an agent.

We did try to sell a lot that we owned across the street ourselves that we listed in the classifieds of the local newspaper and you wouldn't believe all the crazy calls and offers with no results .... I just don't have patience for that kind of insanity thus it was worth it to us to pay the 7% commission to the agency that sold it.

R P.
May 23, 2009

adahiscout wrote:
I'm curious about you fellows who speak of having sold so many timeshares--9 here, 11 there! How did you happen to accumulate so many which you seem not to want? MD

My husband retired from AT&T in May 2000. We then took a trip to Orlando and got caught up in a timeshare presentation at Orange Lake. We were taken by the sales pitch hook, line and sinker and bought from the developer.

When we finally got back home and I was able to get on the internet to research timeshares, I came across Timeshare Users Group and the mantra was never to buy from the devloper but to buy resale to save tons of money, however it was too late to rescind our developer purchase.

As we had planned to travel a lot after retirement we started looking at resales in areas we like to go (mainly south coastal areas and mountains) thus the 9 timeshare purchases. We owned at Sapphire Valley NC, Lake Lure NC, Helen GA and Kinston Manor at Foxwood in SC (all in the NC GA SC mountains).

We also owned oceanfront at Atlantic Terrace in Daytona Beach FL - Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, Panama City Beach FL - The Summit, Panama City Beach Florida - Hotel D' L Eau Vive, New Orleans LA, plus the developer bought one at Orange Lake.

We had traveled for five years (every other month) via our timeshares and exchanges and saw many beautiful areas of this great country until we found the place that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives and that was in the mountains of NC near the Smokies. We put our home on the waterway on the market and began selling all our timeshares. I was successful in selling all the resales for what we bought for them (very reasonable prices) but the developer one we lost money on (typical).

We finally sold our home and all of our timeshares and had a cabin built in the mountains of NC. Now we don't care to go on week long vacations, we prefer to take 2-3 day get-a-ways around this area.

I'm glad we sold when we did because that was before postcard companies, $1.00 timeshares on Ebay and the economic downturn. I doubt I could give them away now ..... we were lucky that the timing was right.

R P.
May 25, 2009

adahiscout wrote:

For me it was an "accidental" accumulation combined with a slight obsessive compulsive habbit. That grew into renting out what I couldn't use, then renting units so I could write off my trips (go somewhere, then when renting to people I can tell them more about the resort and location). Then due to a conflict with DRI (they claim I'm a commercial entity and froze my membership) I have become exactly what they chraged me of - I now help rent other people's units for a living. Oddly enough, DRI's actions are primarily why I'm selling my units now.

Beck
May 26, 2009

peterp151 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

For me it was an "accidental" accumulation combined with a slight obsessive compulsive habbit. That grew into renting out what I couldn't use, then renting units so I could write off my trips (go somewhere, then when renting to people I can tell them more about the resort and location). Then due to a conflict with DRI (they claim I'm a commercial entity and froze my membership) I have become exactly what they chraged me of - I now help rent other people's units for a living. Oddly enough, DRI's actions are primarily why I'm selling my units now.

Mary D.
Jun 13, 2009

I was contacted by GMAC to sell my timeshare and they asked me for an enrollment fee of $1,200. Is this good?

Alex M.
Jun 13, 2009

Is Timeshare resale GMAC the best option?

Alex M.
Jun 13, 2009

alexm97 wrote:
I was contacted by GMAC to sell my timeshare and they asked me for an enrollment fee of $1,200. Is this good?
RUN AWAY FAST WHILE SCREAMING LOUDLY!!!

Bruce Z.
Jun 13, 2009

alexm97 wrote:

Did you take the time to read the ten pages on this upfront fee subject?

Never pay upfront fee's of large sum because in most cases you will lose your money! These companies make their scam money from listing fee's and not selling timeshares!

Go to search and type GMAC and you will find 29 different postings on this subject to read and learn from.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jun 14, 2009 09:59 AM

Jun 14, 2009

phill12 wrote:
Did you take the time to read the ten pages on this upfront fee subject?

Never pay upfront fee's of large sum because in most cases you will lose your money! These companies make their scam money from listing fee's and not selling timeshares!

Go to search and type GMAC and you will find 29 different postings on this subject to read and learn from. PHILL12

Phil, sometimes I wonder why we even bother to spend our valuable time trying to educate people in these forums. They will ask the same question concerning companies time and time again when all they have to do is go to the 'Search Forum' feature on the right hand side of this page and enter the company they are trying to research.

REDWEEK, would you please put a 'sticky' at the top of the forums page asking that people please use the 'Search Forum' feature before asking questions. It would save the regular forum posters here, who try to help educate others, from repeating the same information over and over again.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.