I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Forum: Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I Want To…

page 35 of 35

«  prev page   1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35   next page  »

Message Author

By williams1146

You just described every timeshare sales rep I've ever met. Why won't RedWeek and it's "moderators" go after the shady timeshare companies that screwed all these people over? I'll tell you why. It would hit too close to home. The timeshare industry is incestuous. These "moderators" are the same slimeballs that ripped off buyers to begin with. The world would be a better place if the timeshare and vacation club industry were eliminated and outlawed.

donp196 wrote:
All I hear from Scott is blah blah blah. Not one word about what they actually claim they do and how much they charge up front. They dazzle you with bs and lure you in and if you are naïve enough to fall for their scam they jerk you around until the period to dispute the charge on your credit card has expired.

Demand to see an actual contract in writing and they will probably hang up on you. They hide in the shadows and slither back into their rat holes at night.

Avatar for williams1146 williams1146

1 month ago
Oct 15, 2016

By markl18

williams1146 wrote:
Why won't RedWeek and it's "moderators" go after the shady timeshare companies that screwed all these people over? I'll tell you why. It would hit too close to home. The timeshare industry is incestuous. These "moderators" are the same slimeballs that ripped off buyers to begin with. The world would be a better place if the timeshare and vacation club industry were eliminated and outlawed.

"The world" would be a better place if lots of industries -- and, especially, governmental regulations -- were eliminated and outlawed. But who among us would do the "eliminating?" If we're a free people, we're free to make choices. Some of us took the bait and paid full boat for a timeshare. We regretted it. We still do. We're horribly disappointed to find that they're all-but-worthless. But -- hey -- as the old saying goes, we "paid our money and we took our choice." Not much sense ranting and raving about it. Just hope that others who find Redweek and read these entries get the point and -- if they want timeshares at all -- discover the secondary market.

Now if you'll just step across the lobby and talk to Harriet, she'll give you your parking pass and schedule you for your update.

Unquote. ;-)

1 month ago
Oct 15, 2016

By barryb244

"I soon realized that I was dealing with a timeshare scam by that time I had already been well on my way to making $156K for the year getting a 30% commission on every deal I sold."

You should have know it was a timeshare after your first sale. What did the company tell you they did when they hired you ?

Are you saying the company you worked for ripped people off by pressuring them into purchasing.

What exactly are you referring to as a "scam" ?

1 month ago
Oct 19, 2016

By barryb244

Here's why...let's say they all start out selling a $20,000 timeshare. If you purchase at $20,000....did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you negotiate and get the price down to $12,000 did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you really negotiate and get the price down to $6,000 with two more free resort vacations plus a 7 day cruise did you get scammed or ripped off ? If you go to the presentation only to get prizes and a free week at a nice resort did you rip them off ?

Everyone should go to work on straight commission at some point in their life whether it be selling real estate, vehicles, stocks, loans, insurance, appliances, etc. FYI. I have a 35 year sales career behind me. I never sold a timeshare but I am a hell of a negotiator :)

1 month ago
Oct 19, 2016

By simones43

Has anyone heard of Omni Ellis? They are another firm who says they will get me out of my timeshare contract .

1 month ago
Nov 07, 2016

By chrisv126

i haven't read all of the entries in this forum, nor do i intent to. has anyone worked at the MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE IN NYC SCAM ...AND BE WILLING TO TELL US ABOUT IT IN OUR MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT FORUM HERE ON REDWEEK. COM? if a former salesperson/or other type of employee would please come forward anonymously, of course (unless you're willing to identify yourself). your revealing more directly in detail in the scam operation would most likely assist THE NEW YORK ATTORNEY GENERAL, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN IN HIS PENDING CASE AGAINST THE MANHATTAN CLUB CURRENTLY IN COURT. your personally verified assistance would be helpful to all of us MANHATTAN CLUB OWNERS who are in such a predicament (actually, various and sundry types of predicaments concerning our ownership, e.g., exorbitant maintenance fees, mortgages (for those who have them) and attempting to get desired reservation time, if at all in some cases.)

YOUR ACTUAL EXPERIENCES AND METHODS OF SCAMMING (AS DIRECTED BY THE SPONSORS OF THE TIMESHARE) WOULD BE EXTREMELY HELPFUL TO ALL OF US WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED AND DEFRAUDED.

THANKS, WHOEVER YOU ARE.

CHRIS

1 month ago
Nov 07, 2016

By williams1146

Jay Jay..... People are force stop pay upfront when they buy from "developers". 1000's in down payments and maintenance fees must be paid in advance before you can even attempt the ridiculous process of booking a vacation. They try to upsell when the resort is booked, more money, upfront gets a room, supposedly. All this, UPFRONT, with little or no guarantee you'll even get what was promised.

Tell me again why you shill for this industry.

jayjay wrote:
amy, thanks for relating your story to us. That company is typical of upfront fee resale companies.

And may those here be made aware, once again, of your last very important statement that's been reiterated over and over in these forums you should NOT ever pay an UPFRONT FEE.

amyv41 wrote:
The place is still scamming to this day and they are still raking in the cash from unsuspecting timeshare young and old alike. I am sorry for my part in this SCAM. I just want you all to be aware of the fact that you should NOT pay an UPFRONT FEE.

Avatar for williams1146 williams1146

1 month ago
Nov 07, 2016

By lancec13

simones43 wrote:
Has anyone heard of Omni Ellis? They are another firm who says they will get me out of my timeshare contract .

I've never heard of them but usually these firms that claim that they will get owners out of their timeshare contracts simply negotiate with the resort to take the unit back. That's something you can do yourself for a lot less money than what OE will charge you.

1 month ago
Nov 07, 2016

page 35 of 35

«  prev page   1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free

I Want To…