Surf Rider Resort

Surf Rider Resort

Apr 15, 2007

Should not be called a resort. It is a dump with little or anything to do with a resort. The only thing there is cockroach haven, filth spread and bad service. I will never ever stay in that place again. Don't understand how it gets to be called a resort. Beware people, don't pick that one, is a left over from the 20's and a bad one at that.

Maria Elena G.
Sep 06, 2007

mariaelenag wrote:
Should not be called a resort. It is a dump with little or anything to do with a resort. The only thing there is cockroach haven, filth spread and bad service. I will never ever stay in that place again. Don't understand how it gets to be called a resort. Beware people, don't pick that one, is a left over from the 20's and a bad one at that.

Did you really stay at Surf Rider? Sounds like you went to the Roach Motel instead. Yes, Surf Rider is older and is in the midst of renovations. The pool is FANTASTIC! It is extra large. You will never feel crowded in it. It is also on A1A across from the Beach.

While there are washers and dryers in the room, they are coin operated, which was kind of tacky. The rooms, like the pool are EXTRA spacious.

Please give a proper well thought out review instead of an emotional one.

Rebecca B.
May 08, 2008

rebeccab131 wrote:
mariaelenag wrote:

Did you really stay at Surf Rider? Sounds like you went to the Roach Motel instead. Yes, Surf Rider is older and is in the midst of renovations. The pool is FANTASTIC! It is extra large. You will never feel crowded in it. It is also on A1A across from the Beach.

While there are washers and dryers in the room, they are coin operated, which was kind of tacky. The rooms, like the pool are EXTRA spacious.

Please give a proper well thought out review instead of an emotional one.

We have stayed at the Surf Rider Resort for the past 11 years and love it.

They have updated it and the rooms are spacious and lovely. They have updated the kitchens, living room and dining room.

It is directly across from the beach, has an enormous heated pool, hot-tub, outside bathrooms, shower, tennis courts, shuffleboard, etc.

It doesn't sound like you really ever stayed at the Surf Rider Resort. Perhaps it was the Surf Sider Resort?

Lucy H.
May 08, 2008

The Surf Rider Resort is a lovely place to stay. It has a lot of amenties such as: large heated pool, hot tub, tennis courts, across from the beach, shuffleboard, etc.

The rooms are large and clean. The one-bedroom units have 1 1/2 baths with a Murphy bed in the living room. It accomodates 4. The two-bedroom units have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with a Murphy bed in the living room and accomodates 6 comfortably.

The entire Surf Rider Resort has been updated inside and outside and looks fantastic.

We have been coming for many years and would highly recommend it to everyone.

Lucy H.
Mar 02, 2009

think you must be referring to the surfsider(behind the surfrider(not part of the surfrider), which is not up to snuff--many issues.

we have stayed at the surfrider for the past 6 years, and puchased units, based on the cleanliness, value and location.

wonderful staff and guests--attentive to any issues and the property has been extensively renovated, with more improvements to come

pls revisit--sure you will be pleased!

Carol M.
Mar 16, 2009

We just came back from staying 5 weeks at the Surf Rider Resort. My family and I love it.

It is a great place to bring your family and friends.

It has been updated and is presently under new management.

I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. The rooms are large and the 1 bedroom units accomodates 4 people & has 1.5 baths. The 2 bedroom units accomodates 6 people w/2 baths.

We like it so much that we purchased 9 weeks of timeshare.

In fact, it just won an award form RCI.

If you like the beach and a large olympic size heated pool, you will love this place.

Lucy H.

Last edited by lucyh8 on Mar 16, 2009 09:34 PM

Jan 10, 2012

This first person complaining about the SURFRIDER really did not stay there, they were at the SURFSIDER which is the building at the tennis courts. And the SURFRIDER does not own that awful place. I do believe they should change the name of the back building because people think it's part of the SURFRIDERS COMPLEX. So get the facts stright before slamming a great vacation spot.

Diana B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.