The Royal Mayan

Getting to the Royal Mayan

Apr 17, 2007

I am trying to decide if we should rent a car or not for 6 of us in June for a week. So I am analyzing the cost against using taxi's buses etc.

Does anyone know the best way to get to the Royal Mayan from the airport and about how much it costs.

Thanks!!!

Stacey M.
Apr 20, 2007

You can contact Thomas Moore Travel. They are affiated with the Royal Resorts and can be located on the Royal Resort website. A shared van ride from the airport is $17 round trip per person. With 6 of you it maybe cheaper to get the entire van and Thomas Moore Travel can do that.

Buses are cheap and safe. 65 cents per ride.

Taxis get pricey and with (6) you may be better off renting a car if you plan to do a lot of driving.

Barbara K.
Apr 20, 2007

Thanks..that is what I needed.

I am in the analyzing (UGH) stage right now trying to determine the cost of renting vs tours picking us up/shuttles from airport etc. vs how often we will need to drive (like to go to Tulum).

Someone else mentioned the buses being cheap, but made a comment that to get all 6 on all the time might be difficult.

Stacey M.
Apr 25, 2007

6 of us go every year to the Mayan. We always take Thomas Moore private Van/$50 each way and split the cost. Never have rented a car. We take the bus during the day to get around and we take taxis at night to go to dinner. The resorts offer transpo to all the best tourist spots. Just relax and have fun....don't over analyze!! I am in the analyzing (UGH) stage right now trying to determine the cost of renting vs tours picking us up/shuttles from airport etc. vs how o

stacey157 wrote:
Thanks..that is what I needed. ften we will need to drive (like to go to Tulum).

Someone else mentioned the buses being cheap, but made a comment that to get all 6 on all the time might be difficult.

Toni B.
Mar 24, 2009

thomas more a van private is 80 round trip we had 7 it w as great also we hired a taxi for the day 100.00 plus tip renting a car was alot extra very expensive

Jim L.

Last edited by jiml235 on Mar 24, 2009 03:51 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.