Marriott's Grand Chateau

Renting out and Marriott's immediate offer

Apr 28, 2007

I have a Mar 08 week at MGC and want to rent it out probably through Marriott. Has anyone here ever done it before? Any advice?

Krapuk Y.
May 31, 2007

I have not advertised my 3BRM unit at the MGC but am interested in doing so. I think you can get a better rate than going through Marriott.

Have you had any success?

Jacqueline H.
Jun 03, 2007

post your weeks on redweek ... I've rented from owners advertising on this site - as well as sold to others ... has always worked out just fine

Memoree P.
Jul 10, 2007

krapuky;

I agree with memoree1 - post your week for rent on Redweek. I've done this for the past two years, and both years sucessfully rented my Marriott property (Barony Beach in Hilton Head, SC) for what I asked.

When I had a week I couldn't use previously, I gave it to Marriott to rent. They rented it, and I ended up getting a check from Marriott for just slightly more than my annual maintenance fee - exactly $20. more!

When I rented on Redweek, I asked $1500. per week and got it in all four cases. I might have been able to get more, but renting out those two weeks at that rate more than paid the maintenance on all three of my Barony weeks.

What about trying Redweek's new exchange system? I'm considering that - I have an offer from them for over 2900 points for one of my Barony weeks. I'm really thinking about it, but so far in their inventory I see nothing I want to excahnge for. However, as someone pointed out in the excahnge forum, if some of us don't take a chance and deposit good, valuable resorts at 5 star places, this Redweek exchange will never work out. And their fees are certainly less than Interval's which I have used sucessfully in the past.

Anyhow, good luck with your week.

Kathi

Kathi L.
Aug 17, 2009

We've exchanged through redweek several times and had good luck. If you don't mind small downgrades you can usually get a 2fer. Well worth it. Dick

Richard M.
Nov 06, 2012

Hi , Was this a week at the resort or had you already booked it somewhere else? we booked our 2/2 that we own @ MGC @ the Hyatt in Key West and now we cannot use it. Do you know how RedWeek works? thanks, K

memoree1 wrote:
post your weeks on redweek ... I've rented from owners advertising on this site - as well as sold to others ... has always worked out just fine

Kevin A.
Jun 20, 2014

I don't know anything about Marriott's immediate offer, but I've had really good luck renting my five weeks through Redweek. They're easy to deal with. Never had a problem. I don't use their escrow, however. I use DepositGuard. Had good luck with them.

Jean L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.