Club Wyndham Santa Barbara

Special Assessment / Class Action Lawsuit!

May 10, 2007

I just received a "special assessment", 1st payment is over $700 due June 1st, the 2nd is due Sept. 1st. The letter states it is due because the resort was under insured. Is anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit against the Santa Barbara resort the association Board and Wyndham resorts, the management company? I will go it alone if I have too. We paid our normal assessments to insure our investments were secure. I believe I have been scammed. I paid a visit to the resort last December 06 and the was absolutely no progress then. Please email me if you are interested. jdss@hotmail.com. I also have taken numerous pictures of the damage. I find it amazing that all the other Wyndham managed resorts in the area have been in operation for quit a while now!

Jeff A.
May 14, 2007

I have just received a reply from the Division of Land and Condominum Sales, Florida. They have received my complaint and are investigating. I also sent the nine pictures thay I have emailed many of you.

The person I have contacted is as follows:

shelia.fields@dbpr.state.fl.us

Please send your complaint and address to this office.

Steve Dennis stevem5@comcast.net

Steve D.

Last edited by sjdenn on Jul 23, 2007 08:03 AM

May 25, 2007

something needs to be done, this is ridiculous, two years with no value to owners. Others in the area are back up and running. this is obvious incompetence and mis-management. The company should step in and clear this up. a class action suit may be just the thing to bring this large company up to snuff.

Vera M.

Last edited by veram5 on May 25, 2007 08:48 AM

Jun 23, 2007

We just recieved pictures of the current condition of the resort and here is the opinion of the person who was there yesterday,6/22/07.

As you can see, there is a chain link fence around the property. There are still a few boarded up windows, junk out in the front parking lot, boxes of tile in front of the main entrance, a large crane on site. The good news is, there were several crews inside (I could hear them) and one crew outside working on the renovation. Not knowing what all still needs to be done, I would be shocked if the place is open for business before the Colts lose their second game. If I go by there again, I will give you an update.

We need to contact everyone who owns a week there.

Steve D.
Jun 23, 2007

sjdenn wrote:
We just recieved pictures of the current condition of the resort and here is the opinion of the person who was there yesterday,6/22/07.

As you can see, there is a chain link fence around the property. There are still a few boarded up windows, junk out in the front parking lot, boxes of tile in front of the main entrance, a large crane on site. The good news is, there were several crews inside (I could hear them) and one crew outside working on the renovation. Not knowing what all still needs to be done, I would be shocked if the place is open for business before the Colts lose their second game. If I go by there again, I will give you an update.

Would you please e-mail me the pics of the resort on your recent visit? Also look at my posting under maintence fees that I did today.e-mail john@cabarethomes.com Thank you.

John S.
Jun 23, 2007

johns218 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

Would you please e-mail me the pics of the resort on your recent visit? Also look at my posting under maintence fees that I did today.e-mail john@cabarethomes.com Thank you.

Thank you Steve for sending the pics. After looking at them their doesn't seem to be much happening. Very Disappointed.

John S.
Jun 23, 2007

jeff1112 wrote:
I just received a "special assessment", 1st payment is over $700 due June 1st, the 2nd is due Sept. 1st. The letter states it is due because the resort was under insured. Is anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit against the Santa Barbara resort the association Board and Wyndham resorts, the management company? I will go it alone if I have too. We paid our normal assessments to insure our investments were secure. I believe I have been scammed. I paid a visit to the resort last December 06 and the was absolutely no progress then. Please email me if you are interested. jdss@hotmail.com. I also have taken numerous pictures of the damage. I find it amazing that all the other Wyndham managed resorts in the area have been in operation for quit a while now!
would you please send me the pics that you have of the resort. Thanks in advance. E-mail: john @cabarethomes.com

John S.
Jun 28, 2007

We just can't pay this extra assessment-$1250 for the studio that we have. Any new news or information would be appreciated. It's ridiculous!

Eileen C.
Jun 30, 2007

sjdenn wrote:

How can we get a list of all the owners and their addresses?

Julie H.
Jul 10, 2007

sjdenn wrote:

Would you please send me a copy of those pictures? I have a file and many letters regarding my issues. As soon as I figure how to do it I'm going to submit papers for a Class action suit. If any of you want to put your name and address/contact information I will keep a file and list everyone's info if you'd like. Of course if someone else out these knows how to do it...That would be wonderful. Carol

Carol S.
Jul 10, 2007

julieh156 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

Owner's list. 1)Boyd Long 618 S. 158 St. Omaha, NE 68118 Phone:402-758-9397 email:boydlong@cox.net

Boyd L.
Jul 10, 2007

carols306 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

Would you please send me a copy of those pictures? I have a file and many letters regarding my issues. As soon as I figure how to do it I'm going to submit papers for a Class action suit. If any of you want to put your name and address/contact information I will keep a file and list everyone's info if you'd like. Of course if someone else out these knows how to do it...That would be wonderful. Carol

Carol,

Send me your email address and I will send the eight pictures I have.

Stevem5@comcast.net

Steve D.
Jul 11, 2007

boyd18 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

Owner's list. 1)Boyd Long 618 S. 158 St. Omaha, NE 68118 Phone:402-758-9397 email:boydlong@cox.net
Good Morning Boyd, I am interested in aquiring the list of owners and their addresses. Can you e-mail it to me? jlhork@aol.com

Julie H.
Jul 11, 2007

julieh156 wrote:
boyd18 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

Good Morning Boyd, I am interested in aquiring the list of owners and their addresses. Can you e-mail it to me? jlhork@aol.com
!!!!!!Everyone!!!!!! Follow Boyds lead! Contact Maria Mejia @ 407-317-7233. I spoke with her today. I am enjoining with Boyd's complaint # 2007032198. She said she has visited our building a few months ago. Send her an email (maria.mejia@dbpr.state.fl.us) that states you would like to join Boyd Long's complaint. Be spefic and explain the fees you have paid and the lack of progress on the building repairs and there is NO accountability to the owners. I am also contacting the Registration Board of Corporations in Tallahassee, they handle the financial fraud issue and the lack of registration by the board of directors of the Santa Barbara Resort.

Jeff A.
Jul 11, 2007

julieh156 wrote:
boyd18 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

I just heard from John Vitale who is the property manager for the Santa Barbara and Sea Garden. According to his e-mail the targeted date of 12/07 to reopen is still on. (I don't believe it) The construction work has been accelerated by adding additional tradesman and extending work hours. (I wonder if we are going to get another assessment for this extra work time) There will be a web page available for all Santa Barbara owners to review in August

Julie H.
Jul 13, 2007

julieh156 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
boyd18 wrote:
julieh156 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

I just heard from John Vitale who is the property manager for the Santa Barbara and Sea Garden. According to his e-mail the targeted date of 12/07 to reopen is still on. (I don't believe it) The construction work has been accelerated by adding additional tradesman and extending work hours. (I wonder if we are going to get another assessment for this extra work time) There will be a web page available for all Santa Barbara owners to review in August

I have just spoken with an attorney from central Fla. It appears we have a serious issue here. PAY your assessments if possible or you will have more problems in relation to your credit if you are forclosed on. There are several steps we need to take to start to remedy this situation. We need to gather information so if we choose to have an attorney persue this matter he/she will have a good understanding of the suit. There is also the possibility of a criminal complaint for fraud. The attorney I spoke with feels there is most likely and at the very least a breech of the fiduciary agreement between the Association / Wyndhams and us the timeshare owners. If we want to pursue this we will first have to write a Demand Letter to the Association asking for a detailed accounting where the special assessment monies will be spent. We also need to get a copy of the insurance policy that was in effect when the hurricane struck the property. There is more info but I don't have time to write it down now. If you would like to get information on the Association registration go to www.sunbiz.org, the association was not registered for several years and we were being charged assessments by them, this is an issue!

IMPORTANT! If you cannot afford to pay these special assessments there is an option to ask the association to take your deed instead of forclosure and paying the special assessment fees. THIS IS JUST INFORMATION I RECIEVED FROM THE ATTORNEY. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PROPERTY IF YOU CAN WEATHER THE STORM. Here is the addresses to the association members, David Bremer, 2601 Palmaire Dr. N. Pompano Beach, Fl 33069 Rick Dingle, 1110 South Ocean Blvd. Pompamo Beach, Fl. 33062 Dan Walters 8427 South Park Circle, Suite 500. Orlando, Fla. 32819

If anyone would like to work on this please contact me. Jeff Andring 3081 Post Rd. Newport, Mi. 48166 734-586-8988

There is plenty of work to be done to enforce our property rights!!

Jeff A.
Jul 16, 2007

carols306 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

Carol,

I have sent pictures of the Resort which were taken last month, to a couple of the owners. If you would like to see the nine pictures send me an email address and I will send them today.

Steve D.
Jul 16, 2007

sjdenn wrote:
carols306 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

Carol,

I have sent pictures of the Resort which were taken last month, to a couple of the owners. If you would like to see the nine pictures send me an email address and I will send them today.

I would like to see them Steve. When were they taken? Julie Horkheimer jlhork@aol.com

Julie H.
Jul 16, 2007

julieh156 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:
carols306 wrote:
sjdenn wrote:

Carol,

I would like to see them Steve. When were they taken? Julie Horkheimer jlhork@aol.com

Julie, They were taken 6/2207/ send me your email address and I will forward the nine pictures this evening.

Steve D.
Jul 16, 2007

I received my special assessment AFTER it was due. Now they are trying to charge me $79 in late fees. After trying to figure out how they came up with that number, I referred to their letter which states that "late fees are calculated at 18% annually or 1.5% per DAY". It's supposed to be 1.5% per month! If anyone has been charged a late fee, you should do the math. We were charged late fees last year and now I'm going back to recalculate that too. I have not contacted them as of yet.

Additionally, if you do the math on the building, there are 52 owners (weeks) per unit (I believe there are 90 units). Now each owner has paid their $600 or so maintenance fee for two years with a net profit of $5.62 million. Now, they're saying they don't have enough money and are charging an additional fee of $685 (or so) in two installments which will net them an extra $6.4 million. So basically, in the last 2 years, they netted $12.02 million dollars without ever having a guest! Not a bad scam. As for class action, I'm definately in!

David R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.