Windward Passage Resort

Concrete Restoration Project Status?

May 17, 2007

Owners / users here likely know that this facility has been completely closed down for several months now while "concrete restoration" work is being conducted.

When I tried to check out work progress on site for myself in March, there was lots of "activity", but work supervisors wouldn't let me (or anyone else) near enough to the facility to really see anything more.

Has anyone personally been to this facility since March 2007 who can report their first hand observations on work progress? The concrete work is supposed to be completed by August (just in time for the peak of hurricane season, I guess). I'm just wondering if "noise and activity" is translating into visible progress.........

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 18, 2007 02:15 PM

May 24, 2007

Have just requested guest certificate for friends, available l8 August 2007. Please rsvp update on the concrete restoration project and other renovations as of this date. Are they now complete (as of this date, 18 August)? Pls. reply - thnx. rojo1450@comcast.net

RandPeggy S.
May 25, 2007

randpeggys wrote:
Have just requested guest certificate for friends, available l8 August 2007. Please rsvp update on the concrete restoration project and other renovations as of this date. Are they now complete (as of this date, 18 August)? Pls. reply - thnx. rojo1450@comcast.net

You're asking if the project is complete --- at a date which is 3 months away. Unfortunately, no one I know has a crystal ball with which to see into the future.......

The resort was originally projected to be closed in 2007 from week 9 THROUGH week 32. Week 32 ends on August 18 (in 2007). Your projected guest date is literally the VERY SAME day of the originally projected completion date. That's a VERY close call. I strongly suggest that you contact the resort yourself directly for your answer. Phone number is (239) 463-1194.

KC

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.