Club Wyndham & WorldMark Ocean Walk

Daytona Ocean Walk Parking Fees

May 19, 2007

How do you Ocean Walk owners feel about the new resort association ripoff of a 12.00 per day parking deck charge to guests. It is bad enough that our resort has the highest maintenance,taxes in the entire Wyndham system, now to add to the insult they want to charge an outrageous 12.00 per day parking charge for any guests we send. Please Ocean Walk owners respond to this message and maybe we can get enough owners together to do something about this. My e-mail is Flancianese@msn.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Frank L.
Jun 08, 2007

frank586 wrote:
How do you Ocean Walk owners feel about the new resort association ripoff of a 12.00 per day parking deck charge to guests. It is bad enough that our resort has the highest maintenance,taxes in the entire Wyndham system, now to add to the insult they want to charge an outrageous 12.00 per day parking charge for any guests we send. Please Ocean Walk owners respond to this message and maybe we can get enough owners together to do something about this. My e-mail is Flancianese@msn.com if you would like to discuss this further.
I was there last week they didnt charge me

Rick G.
Jul 03, 2007

rickg64 wrote:
frank586 wrote:
Are you an owner or guest? It is my understanding that the parking charge only applies to guests. If you are an owner you will not be charged. Are you aware if they have started charging guests the parking fee?

Doreen W.
Jul 03, 2007

doreenw3 wrote:
rickg64 wrote:
frank586 wrote:
Are you an owner or guest? It is my understanding that the parking charge only applies to guests. If you are an owner you will not be charged. Are you aware if they have started charging guests the parking fee?

Hi. I am a Fairfield owner but not at Ocean Walk. I had five week booked there through RCI exchanges before the notice of the parking fees. I am displeased, and will not be returning to Ocean Walk in the future. It will cost me $420.00 just to park for the five weeks. It is a rip off. They got me once, but they won't be getting me again. Stan.

stanleyf5
Jul 04, 2007

frank586 wrote:
you get what you pay for its the nicest resort

Rick G.
Jul 04, 2007

they havent started charging anyone that I know I own 2 condos there

Rick G.
Jul 06, 2007

Why should we pay for something that has been oversold driven by greed and a parking garage that was designed too small for the facility????? I think giving us a paid pass to park in the parking garage next door is a much better idea....It's not our fault there isn't parking spaces. What do they expect when renting out a 2 or 3 bedroom unit? 6-10 people in one car...I don't think so.....

Denise R.
Jul 10, 2007

I rent my weeks out to pay for maintenance fees, that are outrageous and property taxes. Now I have to tell my renters they have to pay parking fees. They are running out of ways to make money. I would like to give all my weeks back to them.

Sandy F.
Jul 10, 2007

sandy94 wrote:
I rent my weeks out to pay for maintenance fees, that are outrageous and property taxes. Now I have to tell my renters they have to pay parking fees. They are running out of ways to make money. I would like to give all my weeks back to them.

I know exactly how you feel. We are stuck with 861,000 points with over 6,000.00 in maintenance and taxes.

Frank L.
Aug 01, 2007

We have exchanged to stay at Ocean Walk twice in year's past and yes it is a very nice resort. Parking was always an issue. Cars always parked in undesignated spots, especially when you come back late in the evening. If they have to have guests pay for parking, I think $12/day is outrageous. I would have thought $5-6 would be sufficient.

Vicki S.
Aug 02, 2007

I think that any charge for Parking is a out right ripe off. They make enough money though the maintenance fee and others fees that would and should cover any over flow parking there is. Or maybe us Owners from other Resorts should call Owner Relations and have our voice heard there and Just maybe the CEO of Wyndham will heard us and jump in and put a STOP to this RIPE OFF!!

Jeff C.
Aug 05, 2007

I also go down to Ocean Walk twice a year, and parking has always been terrible. I wasn't aware of the charge till now. I agree we all should try to do something about this. I want to find out about this too because I have been considering renting out also.

Sandra H.

Last edited by sandra1283 on Aug 05, 2007 10:53 AM

Aug 08, 2007

Hi. I just spoke to Wyndham Ocean Walk front desk about my RCI exchange reservations. I inquired about the parking fees, and was told the parking fees have been dropped. The new rule is one car pass per reservation. So, if you have a 2 br., you only get one car pass for the reservation. Not great, but an improvement. Stan.

stanleyf5

Last edited by stanleyf5 on Aug 08, 2007 10:05 AM

Feb 17, 2009

Well I just rented and was very unhappy to hear about parking fees, until I read the bottom one, cause when I rented I was not told about parking fees at all.

Zebbie H.
Feb 17, 2009

They may have reinstituted the parking fees since I was there last year. You better call the resort and check. Stan.

stanleyf5
Dec 01, 2018

We are here at the Wyndham Ocean walk now. My parents are coming to stay a few nights. When I inquired about p parking for them I was told they will have to park in the public parking lot across the street even though there are plenty of parking spaces open in the Wyndham parking garage. They said there is no guest parking.

Wanda M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.