The Cottages at King's Creek Plantation

How are Kings Creek Plantation Cottages?

Jun 22, 2007

My family of 3 have booked a stay in a one bedroom cottage at Kings Creek. We are previous TS owners and are not looking into purchasing right now only renting, at this property. We are a few states away and booked sight unseen and by online reviews and photos only. I welcome any and all opinions, tips, warnings, etc. on this property in case we need to book elsewhere. Which cottages are the best? We will be going to Water Country & BGE. Thanks for your "eyes & ears."

Roxi W.
Jul 08, 2007

THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ARE CORRECT! It would be wise to all to heed the warnings you read. The negative reviews you read on various sites regarding rude customer service from representatives have been proven true! I called 2 weeks out to verify my family's rental reservations and to make sure that I received a non-smoking unit due to my daughter and me having seriously sensitive asthma conditions. It was not a big deal just wanted to give them the advanced information so that our vacation did not end up with us being admitted into the hospital several states away.

I was verbally insulted by a guy named Lewis that works at King's Creek Plantation. This guy was so devoid of customer service I can't believe he passed a job interview! He was upset and nasty that I called. He said that I should book a stay at a hotel that had lower quality. I had already done that at his property while trying something different( a time share property). It was a big mistake! Thank God I booked my stay through a reputable hotel reservation service. He wanted to quickly get my money off of cancellation fees when I was 2 weeks out from the check in date! Horribly Poor customer service.

I dodged the bullet on this property. From now on, I will heed the reviews of others instead of giving a company the benefit of the doubt. I learned my lesson! I hope others will, as well, before they are out money. This guy was probably even the manager because he was so cocky. This is probably why he thought he could attack someone verbally without consequences. He was so angry that I had to cancel, I wonder why? Ummm : )

Roxi W.

Last edited by roxiw on Jul 08, 2007 12:34 AM

Dec 05, 2007

roxiw Being a owner at Kings Creek,I can say that not all the people are like Mr.Lewis. I will not rent my unit with Mr. Lewis again, because of his attitude. The people at the resort are very friendly, and everything was well maintained when we went in June of 2007.

Steve M.

Last edited by stevem308 on Dec 05, 2007 12:25 PM

Apr 20, 2008

I am an owner at Kings Creek. Mr Nelson Lewis is not a mgr he is a person they use to take care of rentals for owners when they turn the weeks over to the resort to rent. If there are any questions ref to the resort or reservations go to customer service they will help you and try to answer any questions. like i said I own there and have for 5 years and am quite satisfied with the resort. If things like this happen ask to speak to a resort mgr. 1-866-228-6796

Russell R.
Jul 07, 2008

russellr28 wrote:
I am an owner at Kings Creek. Mr Nelson Lewis is not a mgr he is a person they use to take care of rentals for owners when they turn the weeks over to the resort to rent. If there are any questions ref to the resort or reservations go to customer service they will help you and try to answer any questions. like i said I own there and have for 5 years and am quite satisfied with the resort. If things like this happen ask to speak to a resort mgr. 1-866-228-6796

I ditto the response from Q--if you have questions, go directly to customer service or front desk. I, too, am an ower, over 5 years. I love this resort and have found it an exceptional one, having exhanged time at many resorts--it's still top of my list. Mr. Lewis serves us all well, with rentals of the time shares. I'm sorry that he's been found to have such a negative reaction...his gravely voice and direct response to questions can be very helpful to most os us.Don't give up on the resort; give Mr. Lewis and the resort another try.

Nancy W.
Jun 22, 2009

I tried calling that number as we are looking to come this July and was told that you still have to go through Mr Lewis...looks like there is no way around this.

Ella-Mae S.
Apr 28, 2011

I am an owner at King's Creek. We love the unit and have had only good experiences while your there. I was advised today by owner's services today that Mr. Lewis passed away August 2010. I recommend any intereste renter call King's Creek as I find customer service there to be excellent.

Paula W.
Apr 28, 2011

to up date Mr Lewis is no longer at Kings creek as he passed away the resort is now taking over the rentals the thing to do is to call the resort and ask for management if you feel you have problems.

Russell R.
May 19, 2011

The cottages are nice and the resort is nice --- management is lacking in understanding customer service.

Sherie B.
Mar 09, 2012

Great! Totally recommend owning/staying! Super location, wonderful pools, close to a golf course and all the Williamsburg attractions too.

Emma F.
Feb 10, 2013

We don't yet know how the Cottages are but if the reviews are accurate, I have no doubt that we will be comfortable and enjoy our stay. We are using Kings Creek Cottages this year as an exchange for ours in Fl.. An update is sure to follow.

marikem wrote:
Great! Totally recommend owning/staying! Super location, wonderful pools, close to a golf course and all the Williamsburg attractions too.

Gee S.
Jul 23, 2013

I was just at Kings Creek cottages 7/6-7/10/13. cottages are very small even tight. did not have counter space in the kitchen. they had utensils in a cup like holder. .A half closet. could not park car because the people in the unit adjoing us had a Big truck. Not a gated community. they have a guard on after 11p. is when desk is closed. At 1am is when a Rat and it's babies came out to play. My son lives a hr and a half away. He knew I was coming down and came to spend the nite w/my Gr/daught ..When that Rat came out , me and my grown daughter would still be running in our nite clothes trying to get away. The security guard was the only person on. and did not want to do anything. if it was not for his 2Am relief we would have had to sleep in our cars until they opened up front desk at 7am. The Guard (Tom) I believe they said was his name told me" He did not mind Mice" and he could only call management in emergency.hE DID finally call management, at the insistance of the relief Guard. I did finally get a different cottage that nite but not because of that Security guard. He is your only link with management at that time. It was due to his relief who told (Tom) U can not tell the people. " They have some Economical Hotels in the area." i was Livid. No training , no customer service . I have a complaint in with the booking Co. who booked me there. i am a time share owner with another resort. And used my points to book there .usually I do Powhatan Resorts. i had heard so much about Kings Creek. Never, Never again. " I came . I saw. I left." That's all I will say. I also did not listen to the reviews . i should have.( Note even tho the 2nd cottage was much better. The experience left a bad feeling with me. it ruined my whole stay.

Dianna S.

Last edited by diannas34 on Jul 23, 2013 09:39 AM

Jan 30, 2014

Mr. Lewis is now deceased.

Ada T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.