Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Owership of a Unit.

Jul 22, 2007

Hi, I am interesed in renting a unit from an owner. Can you please tell me how to verify it they indeed own the unit to safe guard my money. Thank you.

Laura T.
Jul 22, 2007

laura1733 wrote:
Hi, I am interesed in renting a unit from an owner. Can you please tell me how to verify it they indeed own the unit to safe guard my money. Thank you.

While we do take special precautions to ensure our users are who they say they are, we encourage you to communicate with potential rental and sale parties until you are comfortable dealing with the person. You should consider using a third party escrow service, licensed real estate broker, or other services that provide additional user verification. Please visit this link in our help area http://www.redweek.com/help/rental_process/buyer

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jul 23, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
laura1733 wrote:

While we do take special precautions to ensure our users are who they say they are, we encourage you to communicate with potential rental and sale parties until you are comfortable dealing with the person. You should consider using a third party escrow service, licensed real estate broker, or other services that provide additional user verification. Please visit this link in our help area http://www.redweek.com/help/rental_process/buyer

Thanks, Marty

Laura T.
Jul 26, 2007

laura1733 wrote:
================================= 1. Ask owner to fax you copy of "Contract/Membership Addendum" (to verify ownership) 2. Send your rent to escrow account (need attorney or escrow co.) 3. Owner send to attorney or escrow co. proof of maintenance paid and notarized letter from the owner to let you use this week. 4. Attorney or escrow co. release your payment.

Len Z.
Jun 22, 2011

marty8084 wrote:
laura1733 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

Rick B.
Jun 09, 2012

The owner must call divi and give them permission to pass on information to you. You can then call divi and ask them to verify the information....such as owner's name, available week etc.

char g
Sep 22, 2014

With all the real estate brokers looking for commission, if you indicate you are looking to rent a week on forums, you will be contacted by non-owner real estate agents that do not have contracts with the owner.

Agents will often represent themselves or give the impression to renter they are the owner and then contact the owner and tell them they have a potential renter for their unit. Of course, they try to jack up the rental price to cover their fee. If the renter refuses to pay the fee or owner won't take less in their rental proceeds, they simply tell the prospective renter the unit is already rented!

It is so much better to contact the owner directly using a site like Redweek if they want to buy or rent. Of course, even that becomes frustrating at times as so many listings on redweek are already rented or sold.

There are many Redweek owners that are contacted directly by a renter / buyer. They complete their transaction and then leave their listing up on Redweek refusing to even notify Redweek the unit is rented or sold. Someone looking for a particular week loses time sending the owner a inquiry. Often owners of units already rented or sold don't even respond until you have contacted them 2 or 3 times......

Seems Redweek should have some way to weed out the units already rented from the list or request potential renters / buyers contact them directly if they find a Unit is already rented / sold so they can remove the listing.

Neil M.

Last edited by neilm66 on Oct 10, 2014 08:40 AM

May 09, 2017

Whilst an 'old' thread what may be of use to future readers -- Do your homework. For example Divi Resorts has an annual vacations week calendar. It shows the year's "Seasons" (Platinum, Gold, Silver), week numbers and the associated Sat - Sat or Sun - Sun start date. This calendar or variations of it can be found on the web and in related FB Groups. Using such as a reference would make you aware that any Divi week 33 unit is in the Low Season ("Silver" - a late August week) for Divi. Something marketed between weeks 21 through 40 as other than Low Season would, at the least, raise an eyebrow eh. From web search (homework) one can learn that prior to 2015 Divi Resort only provided "right of use" contracts. In most cases these are annual but at some resorts they were for alternate years. The exchange company "points" programs used with Divi Resorts were based on the foundation of the right of use contract. In short -- no "deed". In 2015 Divi went to an internal points program. There's no "deed" with this program. So, can the contract be transferred to someone? Sure. Divi does have a fairly simple process for that. Regardless, from your "homework" you release a claim of a "deed" is cause for a pause.

It's the old Paul Harvey "rest of the story" situation.

David A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.