Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Condition of Resort/Any hurricane damage?

Jul 23, 2007

I'm interested in finding out if anyone has gone there recently. How clean is the facility, i.e., rooms, pool, etc.? I'm interested in going in April (4/12 thru 4/19/08) providing someone puts in Redweek's Exchange System with my husband and didn't know if it was right on the beach or if I needed a car to get around. How old is the facility and did it have any hurricane damage? Thanks for any help

Mary K.

Last edited by nancyj9 on Jul 23, 2007 06:34 AM

Aug 05, 2007

nancyj9 wrote:
I'm interested in finding out if anyone has gone there recently. How clean is the facility, i.e., rooms, pool, etc.? I'm interested in going in April (4/12 thru 4/19/08) providing someone puts in Redweek's Exchange System with my husband and didn't know if it was right on the beach or if I needed a car to get around. How old is the facility and did it have any hurricane damage? Thanks for any help

It is one short block to the beach, all units above the 6th have a view of either the intercoastal or beach. I may be wrong, but I heard that there is an ordinance in FLL that you cannot build on the beach...all resorts are across the street. There is no hurricane damage as of this writing. The resort is undergoing a huge refurbishment, all the rooms were broughts down to the studs and they are completely redoing all the rooms. I called a few weeks ago and they are down to the 10th floor and expect to be completed by years end. There are a couple of restaurants on the way to the beach, one is 24 hr Italian place the other is a bar/restaurant..both have good food. If you walk up the street to the Galleria Mall, who could take the water taxi almost anywhere.

Jeri C.
Dec 04, 2007

The renovations have been completed thru the 8th floor. Floors 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 will be started in April 2008 ... after the Winter season. The 8th floor was opened to guests for the Thanksgiving Weekend.

Linda M.
Jan 20, 2008

nancyj9 wrote:
Hi you are only a block from the ocean you can see it from the resort...lots of parking ...but you really don't need a car perfect location...shopping and dinning in walking distance stayed thier in July last yr...complete remodel beautiful kitchen all granite and baths...clean wonderful place to stay...not sure the age but looks new now...hugh rooms ...wonderful....hope this helps

Dale I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.