Kona Coast Resort

Booking your week

Jul 25, 2007

How hard is it to book your week? I am looking at buying an anual summer week at KCR II and one concern is that it may be difficult to get weeks in July.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Steven

Steven G.
Aug 26, 2007

We own an annual week within the summer season at KCR II, and have never had any problem getting the desired week we need (usually in July). We always book at least one year in advance. The KCR II allows you to book up to two years in advance. So, I would think that you should have no problem getting what you want so long as you don't wait until the last minute. We fully enjoy our ownership there and can't wait to go back next year.

Donna

Donna Y.
Oct 12, 2007

stampindy wrote:
We own an annual week within the summer season at KCR II, and have never had any problem getting the desired week we need (usually in July). We always book at least one year in advance. The KCR II allows you to book up to two years in advance. So, I would think that you should have no problem getting what you want so long as you don't wait until the last minute. We fully enjoy our ownership there and can't wait to go back next year.

Donna

I bought an odd week at Kona CoastII...have you ever tried booking extra nights...are there owner rates to rent ...for ex. I own odd week...what happens if I want an even week...does kona coast office give good rates for owners? do you like the points vs deeded week? I was debating if I want pointsnalso....I notice high maint fees for little points..any suggestions..I just bought the odd deeded week....

Donna T.
Aug 03, 2008

donnat33 wrote:
stampindy wrote:

Donna

I bought an odd week at Kona CoastII...have you ever tried booking extra nights...are there owner rates to rent ...for ex. I own odd week...what happens if I want an even week...does kona coast office give good rates for owners? do you like the points vs deeded week? I was debating if I want pointsnalso....I notice high maint fees for little points..any suggestions..I just bought the odd deeded week....

Rates for owners depend on when and how you book - this August - 2BR booked 60 days out - $170 per night in Phase II. have owned KCR years, no problems. If you own where you want to be - weeks are better.... If you're looking for points - choose the resort with the lowest maint fees to buy points from....

Sherrill T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.