Timeshare Companies

resale company

Jul 29, 2007

Has anybody dealt with "buyatimeshare" or "vacation timeshare resales inc" I am thinking about a resale property.

Harry S.
Aug 18, 2007

harrys57 wrote:
Has anybody dealt with "buyatimeshare" or "vacation timeshare resales inc" I am thinking about a resale property.
We did business with buyatimeshare because they display the BBB logo on their website. What we didn't do was to check to see if there were complaints against them which there are. Because of our poor experience with them, we recently wrote our letter of complaint to the BBB. In June we made a bid on an August week that was accepted. Nothing went smoothly but long story short, after our deposit was received the owner was allowed to change the terms twice and then completely cancel the deal a month later in July. Fortunately, we had not made our plane reservations and the closing company returned our deposit in full.

Marcia D.
Aug 19, 2007

marcia256 wrote:
We did business with buyatimeshare because they display the BBB logo on their website. What we didn't do was to check to see if there were complaints against them which there are. Because of our poor experience with them, we recently wrote our letter of complaint to the BBB. In June we made a bid on an August week that was accepted. Nothing went smoothly but long story short, after our deposit was received the owner was allowed to change the terms twice and then completely cancel the deal a month later in July. Fortunately, we had not made our plane reservations and the closing company returned our deposit in full.

Goes to show anyone can post the BBB logo on their website without any input from that organization. The above post is a good example.

R P.
May 05, 2008

harrys57 wrote:
this company has been calling me about selling my timeshare, now I don't know where to go to sell it.

Glenda Y.
May 05, 2008

glenday3 wrote:
harrys57 wrote:
this company has been calling me about selling my timeshare, now I don't know where to go to sell it.
===============================================

Do even a little bit of searching RIGHT HERE IN THESE REDWEEK FORUMS and you will find a multitude of clear and specific recommendations for selling your timeshare --- NONE of which involve paying upfront fee parasites for obscenely priced (but nonetheless worthless) advertising on obscure websites which no informed buyer sees or takes seriously. Read, read --- then read some more. The information is all right here.

In the Buying / Selling forum, for just one of many suggestions posted by different people, I prepared a recommendation the other day entitled (no big surprise here...) "selling a timeshare".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 05, 2008 04:28 PM

May 06, 2008

ken1193 wrote:
glenday3 wrote:
harrys57 wrote:
===============================================

Do even a little bit of searching RIGHT HERE IN THESE REDWEEK FORUMS and you will find a multitude of clear and specific recommendations for selling your timeshare --- NONE of which involve paying upfront fee parasites for obscenely priced (but nonetheless worthless) advertising on obscure websites which no informed buyer sees or takes seriously. Read, read --- then read some more. The information is all right here.

In the Buying / Selling forum, for just one of many suggestions posted by different people, I prepared a recommendation the other day entitled (no big surprise here...) "selling a timeshare".

Thank you so much I will read read and then read

Glenda Y.
Jan 25, 2009

Resorts Advertising Network, I thought I had seen many posts of this Co. on this forumn, now I can't seem to find them. They have been tied to Mayan sales and being referred as a leasing agent for Grupo Mayan. They are out of Popano Beach Fl. I need to find the numerous negative postings I have seen in the past. Thanks in advance for your help. They may have been posted on a different forumn. John

John B.
Jan 25, 2009

If you can't find it in the forum search feature, then the company hasn't been discussed here.

R P.
Apr 08, 2009

don't do it. buyatimeshare is a scam. buyatimeshare ripped me off. all they want is your money. i paid them and all i got was insult after i tried to get my money back. big ripp off.

Juan G.
Apr 26, 2009

TimeshareVacationNow has been good, also a lot of good units here on RedWeek!

Beck

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.