Timeshare Exchanges

HOW DO I BANK MY BLUEGREEN POINTS WITH RCI?

Aug 12, 2007

hi i have 5900 bg points of which 900 are saved, is there anything i can do to bank them with rci? and after i do how do i go about finding a good place to stay. thanks for all your help . we are new too this and want to get the most out of it.

Richard K.
Aug 15, 2007

You need to first call Bluegreen and tell them you want to do an exchange with RCI. They will have to reserve a week for you in the Bluegreen system then once you have that they will bank that week with RCI. Make sure if you want to travel in prime red season that you bank a week during that season. BG will usually ask when you want to travel. You also need to bank a like unit size to exchange in RCI with the same unit size. All of this info an more can be found on the Bluegeen yahoo group plus much, much more.: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bluegreen/

Once your week is banked in RCI then you can start doing searches for where/when you want to travel.

richardk180 wrote:
hi i have 5900 bg points of which 900 are saved, is there anything i can do to bank them with rci? and after i do how do i go about finding a good place to stay. thanks for all your help . we are new too this and want to get the most out of it.

Sue V.
Aug 16, 2007

richardk180 wrote:
========== I guess my question is, Where do you want go? Have you looked over your Bluegreen book to see what you can get directly from your own resort group with NO EXCHANGE FEES? That is certainly your very best bet. If you do decide you want to travel somewhere not covered by BG you certainly can via RCI if that is your exchange company. In choosing a week to deposit, remember that your 900 saved points from last year can not be used on High Red, Leaf, or anything above normal Red season. I suppose your deposit would normally be from your home resort, so look over the points charts to see what you can afford.

You will not necessarily get a Red for a Red or a 2 Bedroom for a 2 Bedroom when you exchange through RCI. The dates you WANT will determine the "color" but depositing Red gives you an edge. The size units RCI has on hand in the location you want will determine what you can get! Even though you deposit a 1 bedroom, only a Studio might be available. On the other hand, some resorts have nothing except 2 bedroom units so you could get 2 for 1!

You say you are new with Bluegreen and I am wondering whether you bought a resale. Do you have the loose-leaf Bluegreen directory of resorts? If not, you can look them over on line at www.bluegreenonline.com. If you have problems getting in (password etc.) call Bluegreen for help: 1-800-456-CLUB.

Since you do not seem to have a clear idea of where you want to go, seriously think about getting better acquainted with your own resort chain. Like Orlando? The Fountains is lovely. Midwest? Christmas Mountain in Wisconsin Dells if a favorite with my family. Ski buff? Mountain Run at Boyne, Michigan. There are many great options. MD

Mary D.
Aug 16, 2007

svoight You need to first call Bluegreen and tell them you want to do an exchange with RCI. They will have to reserve a week for you in the Bluegreen system then once you have that they will bank that week with RCI. Make sure if you want to travel in prime red season that you bank a week during that season. BG will usually ask when you want to travel. You also need to bank a like unit size to exchange in RCI with the same unit size. All of this info an more can be found on the Bluegeen yahoo group plus much, much more.: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bluegreen/

====== Thanks for the information on the Bluegreen owner's group. As a long time owner, I should check it out! MD

Mary D.
Feb 07, 2022

I am a gold member. I have never used my free week in rci. I am attempting to book a trip with but it is very limited. Can you help me ?

Robin J.
May 11, 2023

I have 12,000 bg points that I have saved. I would like to exchange them for RCI Wyndam Seawatch resort. How do I go about that?

Debby B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.