Timeshare Companies

Global Vacation system

Sep 11, 2007

Has any one dealt with this company and if so how was your experience?

tHANKS FROM DALLAS

Zane K.
Oct 08, 2007

I am curious whether or not this company is legit . I was given a Document for guarantee resale of timeshare. They are asking for proof of ownership so they can do title search.

Forrest L.
Oct 08, 2007

forrestl3 wrote:
I am curious whether or not this company is legit . I was given a Document for guarantee resale of timeshare. They are asking for proof of ownership so they can do title search.

Did global vacation system contact you? If so who are you speaking with? My experience has not been good with these guys.

Zane K.
Oct 08, 2007

zanek4 wrote:

tHANKS FROM DALLAS

=======

Did they, perhaps, tell you that they had a buyer looking for exactly what you have but cannot act further till they have your up front listing fee? Maybe six or eight hundred dollars? If so, run. MD

Mary D.
Oct 09, 2007

If they charge an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars then it's a scam.

R P.
Feb 20, 2008

zanek4 wrote:

tHANKS FROM DALLAS

this i want to know they keep calling me sayimg they want 10 to 20 of my vacation weeks and they will give me 58,000.00USD i pay the maint fee up front tell me more is this a scam?2/21/2008

Hal C.
Feb 20, 2008

I need help this GVS want to give a large sum of$ to me if i give them 20 of my weeks i have 2bed 3 lock out they want me to pay $7780.00 in maintenance fee up front but put this in a advertising fee! so they dont pay taxs and they will with in 90days or less give me tax free a check for$58,500.00 please someone help www.globalvactionsystem.com 786-219-0795 this is the site and number his name is james Hernandez

Hal C.
Feb 20, 2008

halc11 wrote:
I need help this GVS want to give a large sum of$ to me if i give them 20 of my weeks i have 2bed 3 lock out they want me to pay $7780.00 in maintenance fee up front but put this in a advertising fee! so they dont pay taxs and they will with in 90days or less give me tax free a check for$58,500.00 please someone help www.globalvactionsystem.com 786-219-0795 this is the site and number his name is james Hernandez
===== Don't think I'm following this. Are you saying they want to buy your weeks or just rent them for you? (What did they cost you?)You have to pay your Maintenance Fee in any case, but what has that to do with an advertising fee? It surely goes to your resort, not to Global. What company do you own with? This sounds very odd. And a "tax fee check" for such a large amount? I hope you get replies from people who know "for sure" but this sounds highly questionable. MD

Mary D.

Last edited by adahiscout on Feb 20, 2008 11:50 PM

Feb 21, 2008

halc11 wrote:
=============== Call the guy back, and tell him to take out the $7780 from the $58,500 and just send you the remainder ($50,720). Heck, be a real nice guy and tell him to take out $9780 and keep the extra $2000 for himself as little bonus.

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY

Mike N.
Feb 21, 2008

they want to buy them so they can rent them they will give me$975.00 each for the 2bed 3 LOCK OUT 975x3 x20=58.500 true i have to pay maint,but they want to call it add, fee so it will be come tax free yes they want cash up front i will try to tell them take it out of the money you send me thanks very much if you have any more info that would be great

Hal C.
Feb 21, 2008

I recently got a call to attend one of their presentations with an offer for 2 free tickets anywhere in US and 3 day 4 night stay in one of their resorts. I am curious to know if this is too good to be true deal or would they really offer this?

Thanks!

Jasmine V.
Feb 21, 2008

jasminev2 wrote:
I recently got a call to attend one of their presentations with an offer for 2 free tickets anywhere in US and 3 day 4 night stay in one of their resorts. I am curious to know if this is too good to be true deal or would they really offer this?

Thanks!

=============== The free tickets/lodging offer is probably legit. Many companies offer these things. However, many of these have strings attached, which may include paying additional fees. After you read the fine print; rules; and regulations, you may find that it is not worth the trouble or expense to take the trip. If you can attend the presentation and avoid the temptation to buy anything, then look at the trip info and make your own decision. WARNING: These salespeople are very good at parting people from their money. Be strong or else the next post we see will be "How do I get out of this contract" Mike

Mike N.
Feb 22, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
jasminev2 wrote:

Thanks!

=============== The free tickets/lodging offer is probably legit. Many companies offer these things. However, many of these have strings attached, which may include paying additional fees. After you read the fine print; rules; and regulations, you may find that it is not worth the trouble or expense to take the trip. If you can attend the presentation and avoid the temptation to buy anything, then look at the trip info and make your own decision. WARNING: These salespeople are very good at parting people from their money. Be strong or else the next post we see will be "How do I get out of this contract" Mike
------

Are you sure the offer was not "4 days and 3 nights"? They usually count the arrival afternoon and departure morning as "days". MD

Mary D.
Apr 01, 2008

adahiscout wrote:
halc11 wrote:
===== Don't think I'm following this. Are you saying they want to buy your weeks or just rent them for you? (What did they cost you?)You have to pay your Maintenance Fee in any case, but what has that to do with an advertising fee? It surely goes to your resort, not to Global. What company do you own with? This sounds very odd. And a "tax fee check" for such a large amount? I hope you get replies from people who know "for sure" but this sounds highly questionable. MD

This company is a scam. I have not received any money from them at all. They were looking for a block of time for a convention at my resort and I paid the maint fee. No money received from them yet and it has been 6 months.

Lori W.
Apr 01, 2008

halc11 wrote:
zanek4 wrote:

tHANKS FROM DALLAS

this i want to know they keep calling me sayimg they want 10 to 20 of my vacation weeks and they will give me 58,000.00USD i pay the maint fee up front tell me more is this a scam?2/21/2008

This company is a scam. I have not received anything from them. They claimed they needed a block of time and it was a guaranteed rental if I paid the maint fee. They said I would have a cheque within 90 days, well it has been 180 days and counting.

Lori W.
Apr 04, 2008

halc11 wrote:

I was contacted several days ago by the same James Hernandez. He knew my resort name, how much I paid and when. He wanted 10 weeks. I would have to pay the maintenance and an advertising fee. Sounds scammish to me.

Larry M.
Apr 07, 2008

Check out their site, it looks unprofesional, if you try to read it in Spanish the ttranslation was done on a automatic translator, it makes no sense, no profesional company would publish a site like that, also why do they need the advertisement fee in advance?? why not deduct it from the checks they claim you will recieve.. Don't fall for this or any offer that sounds to good to be true but where you have to pay cash in advance it is a SCAM!!

Lorena P.
Apr 11, 2008

[We were contacted by GVS (Global Vacation System) 1000 5th Street Suite 20 Miami Beach, FL. 33139 Phone: (786) 629-8113 Fax: (786) 513-0728 , Michael Dean and asked to rent our points as well as sell certificates which were given during a sales presentation. We were told that we would get this money $11,ooo tax free for renting our points and $36,480.00 for the certificates with upfront fees of $8740.00 on the first sale the second part of the sale would be the remaining certificates given to us for an estimate of roughly a more than the first sale. We responded by telling them we had no problem with paying the taxes to US for the income. Then we were told that we should put the up front fees on a MasterCard or visa and if we did not get our money we could get the credit card company to reverse the charges. Yet when we got paper work to charge our credit card company, the document states that these charges for the up front fees could not be cancelled after 24 hours. I have just emailed this site to GVS. Needless to say we have not given any credit card information.

Ann S.
Jun 02, 2008

tHANKS

Socorro S.
Jun 03, 2008

socorros2 wrote:

tHANKS

We tried for several months to try and work out an agreement. Every solution they came up with required a large amount of money as well as a surrender of many rights. 1 being a form that we would give up our right to cancell a stop payment on any credit card charges. 2. any money transmission was always a guaruntee to the buyer but we could get no garuntee other than a promise we will pay this money to you by a certain date. We tried working with them on smaller amount of money with the surrender of only a few vacations, but they did not want that. It was basically all or nothing. Would love to hear your story and your results. gaksanamo@mobiletel.com

Ann S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.