Club Casa Dorada Spa and Golf Resort

wrong pictures here aat redweek

Sep 18, 2007

they have pictures of theBEACH and golf here...to check out the SPA and golf, go to www.casadorada.com...you can look at both resorts, and the new one on medano beach. people are always confusing these resorts. Spa and Golf is the Hilton, BEACH and golf is Dreams. both nice, but even redweek is confused.

Clint P.
Sep 19, 2007

clintp5 wrote:
they have pictures of theBEACH and golf here...to check out the SPA and golf, go to www.casadorada.com...you can look at both resorts, and the new one on medano beach. people are always confusing these resorts. Spa and Golf is the Hilton, BEACH and golf is Dreams. both nice, but even redweek is confused.

Hi Clint,

If you wouldn't mind, could you please tell me which of the photos are incorrect? I know that's kind of hard to do but we would like our photos to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Sep 19, 2007

clintp5 wrote:

Your Main picture is the one that is incorrect. the smaller insets do appear to be the Hilton. You can go to the link above and probably download a correct main photo.

Clint P.
Sep 19, 2007

clintp5 wrote:
clintp5 wrote:

Your Main picture is the one that is incorrect. the smaller insets do appear to be the Hilton. You can go to the link above and probably download a correct main photo.

after reviewing these again, your main photo may be correct...it could be the primary pool rather than the timeshare side of the Hilton, although it looks almost exactly like the one you have for Dreams. So i will retract my statement, although there is a lot of confusion about these two resorts. Rest of photos are definitely the Hilton.

Clint P.
Sep 19, 2007

clintp5 wrote:
clintp5 wrote:
clintp5 wrote:

after reviewing these again, your main photo may be correct...it could be the primary pool rather than the timeshare side of the Hilton, although it looks almost exactly like the one you have for Dreams. So i will retract my statement, although there is a lot of confusion about these two resorts. Rest of photos are definitely the Hilton.

Thank you so much. I know that these resorts have been confusing and trying to show them as accurately as possible has been a challenge.

Thanks again,

Marty

Marty F
Sep 21, 2007

just stayed at club casa dorada hilton. every timeshare view is an ocean view. they have an infinity pool that makes you feel and look as if you were on the ocean. their food, which is rather on the high cost side, is excellent and you can sit w/a great ocean view. for romantics, they will even set your table up right on the sand. it has the best ocean front view of any hotel i have ever stayed at...and i have been to quite a few. xlnt service-the maid stayed in our room for almost an hr a day (and we are pretty neat) and folded our towels in different animal shapes. looking to buy there.

Judy G.
Sep 26, 2007

judy784 wrote:
just stayed at club casa dorada hilton. every timeshare view is an ocean view. they have an infinity pool that makes you feel and look as if you were on the ocean. their food, which is rather on the high cost side, is excellent and you can sit w/a great ocean view. for romantics, they will even set your table up right on the sand. it has the best ocean front view of any hotel i have ever stayed at...and i have been to quite a few. xlnt service-the maid stayed in our room for almost an hr a day (and we are pretty neat) and folded our towels in different animal shapes. looking to buy there.
Which Club Casa did you stay at? The Beach and Golf or the Spa and Golf?

Jennifer R.

Last edited by jenniferr231 on Sep 26, 2007 08:34 PM

Oct 02, 2007

judy784 wrote:
I agree with you report on the casa dorada spa and golf at the Hilton-- How many times were you there? Have the rooms been renovated or painted recently?

Stuart G.
May 15, 2008

The main picture is not correct. I own there and have been there several times. The smaller side pictures are correct though.

Joseph Z.
May 16, 2008

I also own at this resort. I was there last Feb and did not get a clear date for renovation- do you have any infomation on the start or work? The attached hilton hotel has be completed redone

Stuart G.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 16, 2008 02:14 PM

Jul 16, 2008

judy784 wrote:

Hi, Think twice before buying a timeshare in Mexico. You cannot own the land, you can only lease the land for about 30 years. Always buy a timeshare in the United States because you own the timeshare for life and can will it to your children etc. You can always exchange and visit Casa Dorado. Think about it. and a word of advice...don't ever buy a timeshare while on vacation. You are too relaxed and a lot of times you buy on impulse. Do your homework and check the maintaince company with the Better Business Bureau. Also it is very hard to resale a timeshare and you never get your asking price...timeshare devalue in price. Good Luck, Dee Dee

Perdita B.
Jul 17, 2008

perditab2

judy784 wrote:
Hi, Think twice before buying a timeshare in Mexico. You cannot own the land, you can only lease the land for about 30 years. Always buy a timeshare in the United States because you own the timeshare for life and can will it to your children etc. You can always exchange and visit Casa Dorado. Think about it. and a word of advice...don't ever buy a timeshare while on vacation. You are too relaxed and a lot of times you buy on impulse. Do your homework and check the maintaince company with the Better Business Bureau. Also it is very hard to resale a timeshare and you never get your asking price...timeshare devalue in price. Good Luck, Dee Dee

While you make good points, if you know what you are getting into and can make a rational decision (i.e.; not in "vacation mode") it can make sense. I bought after staying there twice (once in the hotel wing and once renting from an owner) and then bought that owner's unit for less than 1/3 of what the developer sells the same unit for. It had 25 years of use left as opposed to lifetime ownership but it still worked out to be a great deal. Granted it would not make sense at triple the price but if you really like a particular resort there are usually deals to be had in the resale market.

Joseph Z.
Jul 23, 2008

perditab2 wrote:
judy784 wrote:

Stuart G.
Jul 23, 2008

I am a owner and was last at casa dorada Hilton in Feb 2008. The view is great along with facilities. My question to the other owner and potential owner? When were you last there and had any of the unit been ugraded with regard to painting and furniture replacement?? The Hilton hotel portion had been competley done last year

Stuart

Stuart G.
Jul 23, 2008

I was there September 2007 but am going back next month. Will post after I return.

Q=stuartg10] I am a owner and was last at casa dorada Hilton in Feb 2008. The view is great along with facilities. My question to the other owner and potential owner? When were you last there and had any of the unit been ugraded with regard to painting and furniture replacement?? The Hilton hotel portion had been competley done last year

Stuart

Joseph Z.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.