Elimar Ocean View

The situation at EOV

Sep 20, 2007

We have owned a timeshare (weeks 26&27) at Elimar and enjoyed our stays there. But since inhouse manager mr Craig passed away a few Years ago, a down-period started when the apartments were not maintained as they should. No broken things were fixed and no refurbishment happened. In the end You could not get contact with the management at the resort, nor by tel. or mail or e-mail. The existing homepage disappeared. When Interval informed us that EOV was in so bad condition that it could not be subject for exchange anymore we acted by not paying the maintenance-fee and sending the manegement a letter where we demanded improvements. Nothing has been heard since, nor by letter or new invoice. Happy for any responses to this and information of what is happening to EOV. Tord Carlström Finland

Tord C.
Mar 26, 2008

We are also owners (week 30) at Elimar Ocean View, and experienced the same problems. We have just found out that the apartments have been sold. The new owner apparently knows nothing about the timeshare agreement and is currently renovating the appartments to rent out.We are currently trying to find out were we stand legally.I have found some information on timeshare.org.uk and adviceguide.org.uk about the closure of timeshare resorts. If you have any other information or know other owners please get in touch. T&C .

C F.
Mar 31, 2008

cf53 We have experienced exactly the same problems with EOV, except we were with DialAnExchange when we were told they would not be able to do any further exchanges with EOV. We also withheld our maintenance payments, having written a letter to the management and not hearing anything back. So pleased to hear of other people in the same situation. Please let me know of any developments. I am not prepared to give up without a fight as we have spent a lot of money over the years on our timeshare.

Kathy T.
Jun 03, 2008

I think we have all been well and truly taken for a ride! I am hoping to go down there next month for a week to see what is going on. I refuse to let all the money we spent on that place just slip away without a fight. How dare they sell the apartments without informing any of us.! There is no Email address or web site, no telephone number, and the manageress Dawn has probably up and left as we cannot contact her on her mobile any more. My daughters went down last year, but even though it was our week, they were given a basement room. When they asked if they could use our room it was turned down. They asked later if they could at least look at the room, but that didn't happen either. The Manageress went out of her way to avoid my daughters. The guy who owns the cafe adjoining Elimar told us three years ago that he had heard the place was under offer, but we took it with a pinch of salt. How right he was. Any news or advice from anyone before I go down there would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes and good luck to you all, Leona

Leona G.
Jun 04, 2008

i would welcome any info on the place, Leona as i feel exactly the same way as you. I work hard for my money and do not appreciate the fact that we have been ripped off. We have spent alot of money on that timeshare over the years and I am also not prepared to just walk away. anything you can find out or any details you could share will be most appreciated.

Kathy T.
Jun 04, 2008

kathyt121 wrote:
i would welcome any info on the place, Leona as i feel exactly the same way as you. I work hard for my money and do not appreciate the fact that we have been ripped off. We have spent alot of money on that timeshare over the years and I am also not prepared to just walk away. anything you can find out or any details you could share will be most appreciated.

I will do my very best. I have a penfriend (since I was 13!) who is a lawyer in Northern Portgual. I have no doubt that he will do his best to advise me the right road to take. Anyone else got problems, please let me know! Kind Regards Leona

Leona G.
Jun 04, 2008

I am sure that there must be many of us who have bought into Elimar and who know that something is terribly wrong there at the moment.We bought into Elimar in 1992, and are wondering if in fact there was a hidden part of the contract stating that our ownership would only be for a certain amount of years.? I have read through our contract and I can't find anything but it wouldn't surprise me if there was something there which we maybe didn't understand? I am looking at cheap flights, so hopefully will be able to get one soon and go and see what is going on. Kind Regards Leona

Leona G.
Jun 29, 2008

We also are owners at Elimar Ocean View and would like to know what the situation is, if there is anyone that has information we would like to hear from them. It states in our contract that we own our weeks in perpetuity.We have withheld our maintenance .

Pamela L.

Last edited by pamelal102 on Jun 29, 2008 01:32 PM

Jul 20, 2008

my parents bouught into the elimar time share and have had it for many years, when travelling out in feb 2008 they found that the resort was closed and there was no one around, this resulted in them finding alternative accomodation and returning to elimar every day to find it deserted and apartments privately rented out, if anyone has any information on the situation it would be greatfully accepted, like so many we dont want to be ripped off

Debbie P.
Jul 20, 2008

I need to know that everyone is behind me in this. I have a lawyer friend in Portugal who may be willing to help, but I need to know that I have the back up of you all! Dont let them rip us off! Get in touch please!

Leona G.
Jul 21, 2008

Hello, Leona and thank You for Your interest and efforts in this matter. We are owners in Elimar since 1993, owning week 26 in 307 and week 27 in 209. According to our contract (no. F60125) it is stated in §G: If there is arising a dispute between the seller and the buyer it should be solved by ANITHAP = Associacao Nacional dos Industriais do Turismo de Habitacao Periodical. Address Edificio Sitambo, Praia da Oura, 8200 Albufeira. In § F it is stated that the building is approved as containing apartments for tourists by General Direction of Tourism and the building-project was assigned to Aliari investimentos imobiliarios e turisticos lda. I do not know if this information is of any help for You but do hope that You will succeed in Your efforts. We certainly support You in this! Please contact for more details. Tord and Barbro Carlström, Finland

Tord C.
Jul 22, 2008

Hi Leona We are right behind you and will support you in any way possible. Let us know the details. Kathy and Mark

Kathy T.
Jul 23, 2008

Hi Leona

As Elimar timeshare owners with the same experiences as everybody else we too are interested in resolving things.

Peter and Pam

Pamela L.
Dec 06, 2008

we have spoken to colin who runs the place now. he said to ring the police on the previous owners. nothing to do with him!!!!!!!!!!

Dave K.
Dec 06, 2008

Hello, Davek 105. We are looking forward to what Leona has found out. Would Leona give us some signs of what she has found out and how to proceed. Tord and Barbro

Tord C.
Dec 07, 2008

Do you have a telephone number of Colin? How did you manage to find him?

Leona G.
Dec 07, 2008

Hi everyone, I was due to fly to Portugal a couple of months ago, but due to my brothers partners death it was called off. I do however hope to go there soon. In the mean time my Portuguese penfriend who is a lawyer in the town of Evora is trying to find out what he can for us.I will keep you informed. I cannot believe that it is legal in Portugal to sell property belonging to someone else, even if it is only time share apartments. We have all paid for our weeks, and need an explanation. I hope to get back to you soon.

Leona G.
Dec 09, 2008

hi.will find number in next few days. friends who also have a time share there. went out to find them.and got hold of colin. and he said there is nothing they can do. but if we all stick together we might just get there.speak soon dave.

Dave K.
Feb 03, 2009

hi all this is the number i have for colin 00351919563352/ and the man who brought the property is michael macdonald. we are now getting near 3 years with out paying maintenance. because no one wants to say whats going on. but think thare is a clause that if you dont pay in 3 years it gets taken away.so hope some one helps soon???????

Dave K.
Apr 11, 2009

Hi I'm an owner at EOV, do you have anymore info that you could share?

Thanks

Raymond G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.