Massanutten's Mountainside Villas

More information please

Sep 26, 2007

I am interested in buying a timeshare, and saw a good price for the Mountainside Villas, which I understand were refurbished.

Are these fixed units? The sales mention a unit close to a # tee. Also, do they have laundry? Somebody told me they do not.

Any disadvantage as they are not part of the Eastern Resort Management?

Thanks for your help!

Lawrence M.
Oct 21, 2007

Hi. I understand that most of the unit renovations are completed, although some are still on-going. If you know the unit number, I'd suggest calling Mountainside directly to find out if the unit you're thinking of buying has been renovated. You'll also get a sense of where on this vast resort the unit is located.

The week we own is a fixed unit, and I think most other owners have fixed units as well. None of the units have a laundry, although there is a laundry facility on-site. There's also a towel/linen exchange at the welcome centre.

We've been going to Massanutten for several years now and, before we bought, have stayed at Mountainside and Woodstone. In terms of the resort not being part of Eastern, the only difference we could see was that the check-in process at Mountainside was much easier. There is no "hard sell" at check-in to sign up for an information session. You'll still get the phone calls to attend a session, but at least you'll get to your unit faster, as check-in was so simple.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Leah T.
Jan 15, 2008

Yes, they are fixed units/fixed weeks - absolutely no disadvantage to being seperate from Great Eastern. Actually, the huge advantage to owning @ Mountainside is that you do NOT have to wait in the grossly LONG check-in lines that all other have to stand in. Check-in is simple & quick. The units are being refurbished and they look fantastic.

We own several timeshares @ Woodstone, Summit & Eagle Trace PLUS a year-round home near the ski slopes. I am a Massanutten veteran - LOL.

Janet S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 16, 2008 03:26 PM

Mar 05, 2012

in addition to being refurbished, they are the largest (in terms of space), that you will probably ever see.

Thomas C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.